Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 3:15:12 PM EDT
I know I am gonna get some flack for posting this here but couldnt really find it any where else. I am really interested in getting my FFL so I can get my own weapons with suppressors and such but not sure which license to get. I was just on the ATF site for getting the info mailed to me but damn that is some confusing stuff. Anyone who could give me some direction would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks ana again if I posted in wrong section I apologize.  Great site by the way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a heck of a post 1.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah so I suppose I put the question in the wrong place huh? Well any advice?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me just say that an FFL 01 and Class 3 SOT is a license to deal in firearms and NFA Weapons, not to enhance your personal collection.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info and again I pologize if this is in the wrong area. Let me know where to post next time and I will clear it all up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
For what you want, a FFL really isn't going to be much use. There are faster, cheaper and easier alternatives.

The first thing to do is check what your state law allows - you don't indicate where you live.
Most states allow posession of supressors, short barreled rifles and even machine guns when appropriate federal taxes are paid and you pass the required background check and waiting test (thats sort of a joke -- it can take a long time to get the ATF to process the requests).

If your state doesn't allow such toys, your best option is to move to a civilised state.

For info and discussion on all of this look under the AR15 tab - M16-Full Auto section.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in VA and they allow me all the toys I want to get. Thank god...Will look in the mentioned sections thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of hoops to jump thru just to get a few toys.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I bet but it would be nice to get them. Especially seeing alot of the toys the members here have. I am really jealous of you all.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
An 01 FFL isn't to enhance your own personal collection like someone already noted. If you did manage to get an FFL you'd probably have to do a few transfers a year to keep it legit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I know but mainly I was just trying to see exactly what would be involved in it and to see if it was relly worth it. Really would just like to get a few toys like I have seen in this great site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top