Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2005 2:03:01 PM EDT
Last April we flew up to Montgomery NY and landed in a Chinook. We were taking a flag that flew over Afghanistan up for the crew at OCC. They were building two bikes for a auction that was for The Fisher House Foundation, a charity for military families.

Anyway, the camera crew filmed us stopping by. A couple weeks later we were invited to the Auction on the USS Intepid in Manhatten. Was an interesting night. Got to meet Stephen Tyler and some other celebs.

At any rate, the show about the Military Bikes will be on tonight and Next Monday. I am not sure if we will beon this week or next though.

Just an FYI

Aviator

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't normally watch, but I will tonight.

How will we know which one you are?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Just checked it will be on tonite. 9 central
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't normally watch, but I will tonight.

How will we know which one you are?

yeah?

what dport said
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Just look for the biggest ham.

eta Alright I will be nice. Aviator posted pictures a while back if somebody wants to search for them.

Damn he beat me to it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL, I am the guy kneeling with the 1st Cav patch on. Also Wearing Blues in the Auctio Photo.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my ReplayTV set up to record it.

Will there be an argument on tonights episode?
Will there be a tight deadline to complete the bike?
Will the crew go somewhere for a short session of recreational therapy?
Will someone quit?

Stay tuned for the answers to these questions on tonights episode.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got my ReplayTV set up to record it.

Will there be an argument on tonights episode?
Will there be a tight deadline to complete the bike?
Will the crew go somewhere for a short session of recreational therapy?
Will someone quit?

Stay tuned for the answers to these questions on tonights episode.

LMAO All the Above, and.. Mikey Clowning around.

Out of all the guys, Mikey, Vinnie, Cody, and Rick are the best. They seem to work harder (Read: do all the work) and were the most interested in us actually being there.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Pretty cool Sarge  Hope they made a pile of loot for the Fisher House !

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
They made a few hundred thousand. After the eppisode airs, and with the pics and article in Easy Rider this month (which we are also in), they should be getting a lot more in donations, or possibly would have had the Hurricane not happened  

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard a rumor at one point that Steve Tyler has visited this site, and is supposedly into shooting.
Saw it in a thread many moons ago, and cant vouch for it being true, but that is what I remember hearing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Aviator,
Did Steven Tyler reek of formaldahyde?
BTW I'll be watching the show .
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
15 years of service, and still a buck Sergeant? you must be in the NG
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
sounds like a good ideer
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Aviator,
Did Steven Tyler reek of formaldahyde?
BTW I'll be watching the show .

No, no, no---you're thinking of Keith Richards!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Interesting that bike in the pic has such a skinny rear tire...I thought the chopper guys were into bigger is better. That looks like a 130...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Interesting that bike in the pic has such a skinny rear tire...I thought the chopper guys were into bigger is better. That looks like a 130...

Ehhh  probably an ordering mistake or something. I'm getting tired of seeing the 250's and 280's and whatever is coming next.

I still have a thing for the 230 that Exile uses.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
15 years of service, and still a buck Sergeant? you must be in the NG

AGR now. Active 9 years, Guard 8. Its because I am in Aviation. someone needs to Die or retire for the rest of us to move up.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#18]
... Steven Tyler is an NFA fan as well

... I'll be watching the show for you, thanks for your service to the country
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#19]
sweet your a SUPERSTAR i like rick, always calm, always gettin things done
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#20]
The Military 1  bike show comes on at 2200 here, after 2 other episodes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I heard a rumor at one point that Steve Tyler has visited this site, and is supposedly into shooting.
Saw it in a thread many moons ago, and cant vouch for it being true, but that is what I remember hearing.

Don't know about visiting this site but as far as being a fan of things that go bang or in this case I guess things that don't go bang, I know that a local supressor manufacturer made him a custom can with the aerosmith logo on it.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
BTT For just before the show.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#23]
When are they going to show you so I can go to bed?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Next week looks like. Part 2 of the show. The bikes were painted and being final assembled when we were there.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#27]
i like paulies bike better so far
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#28]
yahoo tv guide says they go to a nuclear sub and a medical hospital tonight
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Yep, it will be tonight. I should be on once while they are building them (final assembly) and at the auction.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Its on now
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Who's that homeless guy in the second picture?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw your right arm during the part when ya'll were in the shop. They were mainly focusing on the lead guy presenting the stuff to Paul Sr.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Thats SFC Dameron. He was in Afghanistan with the 82nd

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#34]
They just zoomed right in on you at the auction
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#35]
The two pictures in your original post say it all: Vince does the work, the Teutels get their photos taken.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Rick and Cody bust their humps also,

Here is something I wrote the next day...

Last night I was invited to attend an auction put on by Orange County Choppers in Manhattan, New York. There were many celebrities there; Stephen Tyler of Aerosmith fame, Paul Sr & Jr, Mikey, and Jessica Lynch. The auction benefited soldiers that have been wounded, and their families.

Before the auction, my five fellow soldiers and I stood in the “VIP” room along with all these people and watched them interact with us and others. We were in Dress uniforms, which are not the most comfortable thing to wear, but there was more to the discomfort we were feeling than the uniforms. We realized we did not fit in.

When Steven Tyler saw us standing on the sidelines, he came over and said, “How about a picture guys”? We then stood around in a line with him and Paul Jr., and a photo was taken with a camera on of our guys had brought along. At this point, I almost asked Stephen where he wanted us to send the photo of him with us to, and if he wanted our autographs.  

Just then, some of the wounded troops came in. Some in wheelchairs with no legs, some with disfiguring wounds, some blind. They were now the ones on the outside of the “circle”. We slowly moved into the background, letting Stephen to talk to the guys who were wounded. He talked with then for quite a while, and seemed very interested in what they had to say. I am very appreciative of the fact that he genuinely seemed to care.

After the auction, on the drive home, I sat and thought about the evening. I felt grateful for what everyone had done. The expense and generosity by the celebrities at the auction was fantastic, and in no way am I trying to take anything away from them. Without them, it would not have happened at all. But I’ll never really sit and have a beer with any of them.

When I thought about the photo though, I thought perhaps I should have asked about the address and autographs. While it will be a nice memento for my scrap book when I am old and grey, to be honest, I’ll always treasure more, those photos of friends from the Army that will sit next to it in the book. People I did have beers with. Some of those people are not with us any more.

The people who serve in the Military may not make as much money, be famous, or ever really stand in the spotlight, but they do give America and the world a service that is at least as great a value as a catchy song, or beautiful motorcycle. The people of the U.S. may not always realize this. The military comes into, and falls out of favor of the U.S. people in cycles over the years, and we have come to understand and expect that. It goes with the job.

Well, my boots are shined, and my uniforms are pressed. Next week will be another long one, so I am off to the Enlisted Club for a beer with friends. Oh, and Stephen Tyler, if you are reading this, you can have my autograph any time, just ask.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:25:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Jessica Lynch was looking kind of cute
steven tyler was looking worse than a zombie
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:40:19 AM EDT
[#38]
I've been hearing for quite awhile that Paulie is a bit...umm...shall we say, light in the loafers. Looks like he's got a thing for guys in uniform...

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#39]
It was a good show last night. Nice to see the Teutals do something other than tear up stuff.

You military guys are the real heros though. God Bless.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:59:03 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Jessica Lynch was looking kind of cute

I thought so too!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#41]
who's hand is on that lady's right shoulder?
doesn't look like it could belong to either paul even though they are kind of the obvious choices
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Senior's

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Paul Sr. ended up buying the 2 bikes back for $150,000.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#44]
No, Jr bought Sr's bike for $50k and Senior bought Jr's bike for 160k  210k total. But then again, the cost of building them, and the purchase of them are both tax writeoffs I would think.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I've been hearing for quite awhile that Paulie is a bit...umm...shall we say, light in the loafers. Looks like he's got a thing for guys in uniform...

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41318

Apparently you never saw the SMOKING HOTTIE he took to the fair on one episode.  She was Playboy bunny material.

I saw you Aviator!  Great epsiode.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#46]
That episode came out after the rumors started. If you get the chance to watch it again, study his body language and see how he interacts with her. When they kiss, he acts like he's kissing his grandmother.

I still think he's more than a bit fruity...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41318

Apparently you never saw the SMOKING HOTTIE he took to the fair on one episode.  She was Playboy bunny material.

I saw you Aviator!  Great epsiode.

She had some nice tits but she had way too much make up on.  I believe her name is Whitney and she's a secretary at OCC.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#48]
She is his Girlfriend, And she does work there.They live in an apartment right behind the shop.

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
She is his Girlfriend, And she does work there.They live in an apartment right behind the shop.

Aviator

She has two POS calculators on her desk, sitting next to the most powerful computational device she'll ever have access to. She has post-it notes on a handwritten letter. She has crap stuck in her keyboard.

Does anybody realize why compuers exist in the first place? I'll never understand some people. You guys who have done onsite computer work know exactly what I'm talking about. This is going to sound sexist, but women are the worst offenders.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

And he's still always late to work?  

I taped the show so I was able to go back and find you on the show.  I fast-forwarded through most of the rest (sorry, the show is starting to get old).  Thumbs up to you!!!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top