Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2001 8:05:57 PM EDT
Ed,    Thanks for patiently answering my stupid questions when I was just getting in to AR's 20 years after basic training. Thanks for inspecting the AR I bought from someone else, before I was a customer of yours. Thanks for all the advice when I was building the kits I bought from you. Thanks for keeping me straight on the tools I needed to build the kits. Thanks for the good prices, and excellent after the sale service. Thanks for the tech assistance when I had a problem.
    Thanks for advising me on the building of the target rifle that has made groups that once would amazed me, commonplace.

Thanks for becoming a friend in the course of our business dealings.

I'm posting this because you have taken an undeserved beating on this and other boards these last couple of weeks. Too many of the readers of these boards are much too eager to jump on someone's back when they are down. I suspect it is because they think all gun dealers are rich fat cats that just sit back and collect large sums of money by ripping everyone off.
    I've been around the shop enough to know that you could make more money doing many less stressful jobs, you do it because you love AR15s. If anyone thinks you are geting rich selling Bushmaster parts at discounted prices, they need to think again. I know that you spend 12-16 hours a day in the shop and office, between administrative duties, assembly, phones, email, etc, yet you are always willing to answer questions, troubleshoot, or what ever comes along.
    I've also been around enough to see you bend over backwards to make customers happy, even when they didn't deserve it.(the guy that sent the 2 uppers back because he didn't like the finish on the underside of the carry handles was a classic)
   Well, enough of this. Hang in there, Ed, and thanks again.

Link Posted: 2/18/2001 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, me too!  Thanks, Ed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too!
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Me three!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been grilling him about these new AKs they're selling for over a week now.  Asking questions and begging for favors and such.  Instead of just telling me to go away, he's been very friendly and accommodating.

Although my only past transaction was simple (bolt & carrier), it went smooth.

I also think Ed took the high road regarding that pre-ban AK.  As a general rule, all firearm sales are final.  It's up to the buyer to determine legalities before making the purchase.

Thanks Ed
[^] LL [^]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Have also noticed Gunsmoke getting abused in this forum -- seems like it's always easier to get worked up to write something critical than something nice, so...

I'm feeling remiss for not getting in here to say that I've made numerous purchases from Gunsmoke, both parts and complete weapons, and Ed has been nothing but helpful, knowledgeable and always willing to spend ridiculous amounts of time on the phone answering questions that he probably answers a million times a day.  Prices have always been as good as I could find, even in Florida's competitive market.  Also, he's always gone above and beyond the call to make me happy with more complicated purchases.

I am in south Florida and have on occasion been to Ed's shop and have met him in person.  Nicest guy you could ever hope to meet and obviously lives, eats and breathes guns.  Would trust him with anything.  No one should hesitate to do business with Gunsmoke.
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all, gunsmoke.
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#7]
ya, Ed- your the man.  You helped me get my first M4 and the purchase went great.  hell, you even swapped me the skinny carbine guards for the real deal M4's.

Thanks for all you have done.  More business on the way.

Go Gunsmoke!
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I know there are a hell of a lot of satisfied GSE customers out there, how about a good word for Ed?
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my M4 kit from Ed, today. I just put together my first Pre. Looks awesome.

Thanks Ed

sniper
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my M4 kit from Ed, today. I just put together my first Pre. Looks awesome.

Thanks Ed

[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top