Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 8:21:32 PM EDT
I bet Jessie and Al will be first in line.
matthew
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The NAACP has already stated they want compensation just like the 911 victims.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If anything, they need to sue the FRENCH........and the decendants of the DESIGNER of NO.

Who would have decided to build a large city, BELOW sea level, on the coast?!

I hope they get NOTHING!  40% uninsured?!

WTF?!

What lessons will be learned?  Don't buy insurance......as the US Government will pay yours bills, AND you can sue for even more money!

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
wasn't compensation from 9-11 from donations and seized money from terriorist organzations, not from the taxpayers pockets?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The NAACP has already stated they want compensation just like the 911 victims.

For a natural disaster you were warned about, yet too stupid to avoid?

Eat a fat fucking cock, carpetbaggers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Who they gona sue?  God?

"Mr. Lord, isn't it true that on the night of Aug 29th 2005 you delibertly caused a Cat 4 hurricane to make landfall at Lat..."

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
"I bet Jessie and Al will be first in line.
matthew"

To sue whom, for what--civil rights violations? Were they in New Orleans? Don't get me wrong there will be people who will try, but there are procedural rules already in place to take care of this, just like the rampant jailhouse litigation.  Do you think the Fifth Circuit will be equipped to handle a bunch of frivolous litigation after this? Hint: They're located in NO too and will dismiss that garbage if it even makes it past the District Level.  I bet there are many District judges who have lost their houses as well.  Now, insurance coverage litigation, that's another matter...

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
It'll be unprecedented
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If anything, they need to sue the FRENCH........and the decendants of the DESIGNER of NO.

Who would have decided to build a large city, BELOW sea level, on the coast?!

Seems like most of the old city is dry. French had it right, NOLA let development spread.

The thing about less than 40% had flood insurance? Doesn't sound like a problem that "we" have. I've paid my windstorm premiums for 13 years (thank goodness because of Ivan) since moving to Pensacola, fortunately I don't need flood insurance at my elevation, top of one of the highest points, but of course I knew better than to buy in a flood plain!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top