Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:38:45 PM EDT
A buddy of mine who is a pilot (assigned to HQ in DC) for Customs/ICE/Homeland Security/Customs and Border Protection or whatever they are calling themselves today is in Hammond, LA with an ass load of Federal LE air assets which are for the most part now under the CBP.

Anyway they had already sent BORSTAR (Border Patrol Search, Trauma, and Rescue) teams to the area but with the unexpected violence called in their BORTAC (Border Patrol Tactical Team) and SRT types.

Anyway they have been flying scattered missions since Wednesday but Friday night during a big meeting a rep of the NOPD told them that there was a section of NO that the PD has not been able to "pacify" due to heavy gunfire and needed to be "reclaimed" (the NOPD guy's words). They were asking for help.

Well CPB (among a few other agencies) had about 100 tactical types on scene by then and over 30 aircraft.

After some discussion they decided to mount what amounts to a classic Air Assault.

About 10 aircraft (Blackhawks, Hueys and A Stars) and around 100 agents flew to the area, established a LZ and came in fast.

He said there were no reports of gunfire on arrival but there have been several sniper rounds fired and an actual exchange or two.

The area was secured and they began moving the willing out ASAP and the locals rolled on in.

He said that this was unprecedented in Federal Law Enforcement and in Law Enforcement in general as far as he knew.

Some of it was videotaped and photographed so hopefully when he gets home he can pass some of it on.

Just thought this was interesting (Ominous for our tin-foil hatters I'm sure!) and wanted to pass it on. I guess a bunch of interesting things like this will never make the news...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
All they needed was some psyops bird playing "Ride of the Valkyrie."  Smells like... Victory!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the report.
Guys like you with people reporting out from the inside have to keep getting this stuff out. It is important to hear these stories.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I also found it interesting that the Customs/BP P-3 Orions are flying as airborne air traffic control for the entire area.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I also found it interesting that the Customs/BP P-3 Orions are flying as airborne air traffic control for the entire area.

I read on Arfcom that it was an AWACS!  Which is it?!    
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
tag

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have P3 AWACS.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have P3 AWACS.

www.geocities.com/lucktam/awacs/jpgs/p3aew.jpg

Yep, P-3 AEWs.

CBP assets on scene. (Slightly dated now, I think.)

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Pic of my Bud from a year or so ago.

Nice paint on that Hawk, eh?

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Again interesting...

It is not winding down as much as network TV is implying...

I talked to my bud this evening and he said that tody a ATF Agent in Charge called saying he had some guys taking fire in a outer NO neighborhood and were for all purposes pinned down.

They launched a Blackhawk with a small group of Aviation Enforcement Officers and headed out. They inserted the team and then spotted three armed men run into a house a block or so over. The AEO team helped the ATF team bracket the building and shots were fired. They made entry arresting all three. Recovered was a stash of looted property and weapons. It was believed that one of the men was responsible for numerous instances of shooting at helicopters.

Otherwise they have been flying supplies here and there, moving officers and agents here and there and AN AMMO DROP TO ONE OF THE NOPD DISTRICTS during the first days.

Crazy stuff!

He said NO reeks to the point of retching even from inside a heli!

He says he can not even begin to wrap his mind around the level of destruction in that area.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
3 less bad guys
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#15]
New Orleans can be a fun town:

CWO
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
New Orleans can be a fun town:

www.gonemovies.com/www/MyWebFilms/Oorlog/ApocalypseHelicopter2.jpg

CWO

Charlie don't surf!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#17]
That black and gold does make for a sharp looking chopper.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Why can't we get this type of response from the government on illegals crossing the US borders?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think he was talking about "THE HOMELAND"
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#20]
From the CBP website:

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he was talking about "THE HOMELAND"

Naw, I like the black and gold.

BTW it reads "Protecting the Homeland."

Quoted:
Why can't we get this type of response from the government on illegals crossing the US borders?

No shit. My bud gets mad just thinking about the ambiguity in the role but be assured, they do scoop up piles of them but it is still a finger in a dike.

Quoted:
From the CBP website:

206.241.31.147/ImageCache/cgov/content/newsroom/photogallery/border_5fpatrol/10_2ectt/v1/image/1/10med.jpg

206.241.31.147/ImageCache/cgov/content/newsroom/photogallery/cbp_5fprotecting_5famerica/07_5f2heli_2ectt/v1/image/1/07_5f2heli_5f270.jpg

Yep, that is the new paint scheme. Only on a very few birds from what I've heard. Many growing pains to put it mildly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#23]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's another, closer shot.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#26]
US Customs and Border Protection have a fleet of 8 P-3B AEW aircraft and 8 "Slick" P-3B aircraft.

"The Customs P-3 aircraft has long been an effective tool against illegal narcotics trafficking, and since Sept.11 it also has been providing surveillance support for our nation's homeland-security efforts," said David J. Posek, President of Lockheed Martin Aircraft & Logistics Centers. "Lockheed Martin is proud to continue its role in this very important program."

During the last 18 years, Lockheed Martin has modified eight Airborne Early Warning (AEW) aircraft and eight Slicks for Customs, the last of which was delivered in February 2002.

The Customs P-3 AEW aircraft are P-3Bs that have 24-ft. radomes that are mounted on top of the fuselage and house a variant of the Navy's E-2C "Hawkeye" APS-145 radar antenna. These aircraft primarily are used for long-range surveillance and drug interdiction, with their primary mission being to detect, identify, classify and track aircraft and maritime surface craft.

The P-3Bs have a 4,400 naut. mi. range and can stay aloft for up to 14 hr., compared to twin-engine commercial aircraft that typically have to add bladder fuel cells to meet the required range and time-on-station requirements. These fuel cells and their associated weight can substantially decrease an aircraft's mission system payload capability, as well as restrict the weight-and-balance ranges of the aircraft.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Pic of my Bud from a year or so ago.

Nice paint on that Hawk, eh?

www.gulftel.com/tnolfe/custair.jpg

blackhawks look great in glossy paint. Did you see the blackhawk Marine One?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I hope the gunfire your buddy is talking about isn't some poor SOB fighting off the confiscation of his firearms! Did you ask you buddy about the confiscations going on?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Brushdog, nice pics.

Here is a MD500 from a couple of years ago. Same agency, different name!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I hope the gunfire your buddy is talking about isn't some poor SOB fighting off the confiscation of his firearms! Did you ask you buddy about the confiscations going on?

One of the other threads has a link to a video.  The video has some of the footage from the forced evacuations.  In the same video, but a different segment it has some footage of the BP SRT and BORTAC guys with the NOLA PD in some kind of armed stand off. It also showed  they got a stolen car with some dope and guns.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Brushdog, nice pics.

Here is a MD500 from a couple of years ago. Same agency, different name!

www.gulftel.com/tnolfe/uschelo.jpg

Thanks, here's a Customs blackhawk leading the BP to a group near Sasabe, AZ.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

RTFP. Yes I am sure the gangbangers they popped did not want their guns confiscated!

He said they have not been advised to do any forced removals or confications and doubts they will. He says it seems that there is no real unified decision on those topics.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Since we are on a photo roll here is the same guy, different agency, bigger gun!

(He was an Apache IP back in the day.)

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:22:51 AM EDT
[#36]
I miss the 500's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry, beginning with roughing up the old lady, then gun confiscations, I am now rooting for the home owners.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sorry, beginning with roughing up the old lady, then gun confiscations, I am now rooting for the home owners.

Amen to  that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#40]
It'll really get ugly when the fast movers come in loaded with snake and nape...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Hard to argue against that, but it should be noted that not all the LEO types in NO are participating in this travesty.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard to argue against that, but it should be noted that not all the LEO types in NO are participating in this travesty.

Of course. Those who are doing this are in the minority.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#43]
If you look on a map I live about an inch off the NW-SE runway at the Hammond airport.
Big homeland security re-do after 911.
1st Cav is out there.
I have been told that 1st district in NO was fending off armed and shooting scum bags yesterday from a cop in Covington.
There will be no forced evacs from NO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
If you look on a map I live about an inch off the NW-SE runway at the Hammond airport.
Big homeland security re-do after 911.
1st Cav is out there.
I have been told that 1st district in NO was fending off armed and shooting scum bags yesterday from a cop in Covington.
There will be no forced evacs from NO.

You are seeing TONS of air traffic, eh?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen to  that.

What roughing up, confiscation or home owners from this thread are you two referring to?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen to  that.

What roughing up, confiscation or home owners from this thread are you two referring to?

Not in this thread. In others. I've passed no judgement on your friend because he sounds like a good guy and I've no evidence to the contrary.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen to  that.

Not in this thread. In others. I've passed no judgement on your friend because he sounds like a good guy and I've no evidence to the contrary.

OK but then by a free man posting that in this thread it seemed safe to assume that he was now "rooting for" someone other than my friend and the other LEOs in this thread and saying "sorry."

You agreed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I find it a little interesting that you think your friends and other LEOs interests are directly contrary to those of the homeowners. Perhaps you don't think they are on the same side?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I find it a little interesting that you think your friends and other LEOs interests are directly contrary to those of the homeowners. Perhaps you don't think they are on the same side?

The point is that there are no "homeowners" listed in this thread unless you assume the thugs referred to own jack shit, especially a home and even if they do then yes, those in this thread have a very distinct conflict of interests with these and any other LEO and no they certainly are not on the same side...

I find it interesting that you agreed with a quick "amen" out of reflex even when a free man's post is totally out of place. What "home owners" is he referring to? Must be ones he sees in this thread cause this is the thread he posted in, eh?

He just wanted to get in a jab and you hoped onboard.

Believe me, if you are NOT "rooting for" my friend and his peer's mission then you don't care about ANY "home owners" in New Orleans.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#50]
five0 your avitar says it all loud and clear.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top