Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 5:14:40 PM EDT

A liitle cut and paste about the soldier that will lead the charge to save what is left of NO.

Link

Go Army!
Lieutenant General Russel L. Honore

Commanding General

First United States Army

Fort Gillem, Georgia

General Honore is a native of Lakeland, Louisiana. He was commissioned a Second Lieutenant of Infantry and awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Vocational Agriculture upon graduation from Southern University and A&M College in 1971. He holds a Master of Arts in Human Resources from Troy State University as well as an Honorary Doctorate in Public Administration from Southern University and A&M College.

General Honore has served in a variety of command and staff positions. His overseas assignments include tours in Korea and Germany. He served as Commanding General, 2nd Infantry Division in Korea; Vice Director for Operations, J-3, The Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.; Deputy Commanding General and Assistant Commandant, United States Army Infantry Center and School, Fort Benning, Georgia; and Assistant Division Commander, Maneuver/Support, 1st Calvary Division, Fort Hood, Texas. Most recently, General Honore served as Commander, Standing Joint Force Headquarters – Homeland Security, U.S. Northern Command.

General Honore’s awards and decorations include the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit with four Oak Leaf Clusters, the Bronze Star Medal, the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, and the Army Commendation Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard him in a FOX interview today.  When he was finished a line he would state "Honore Over", to let the interviewer know he was finished speaking.  You don't hear too many desk jockey's speak like that do you?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I just saw him speaking with Geraldo.  Geraldo made a dumb comment and he set the record straight.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... Geraldo made a dumb comment.....  

Sorry, you have to be more specific.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... Geraldo made a dumb comment.....  

Sorry, you have to be more specific.

Geraldo said to the General, "I wish you would have been here Wednesday then things would have got done"

The General basically said if we were here sooner we would be victims as well.  Geraldo looked floundered.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I like what I hear from this General
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Geraldo is an atomic ass waffle.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#8]
The guy is definitely a straight-shooter. It's good to see a three-star who's not a politician first.

BEAT Army!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I would love to work for the man. He doesn't seem interested in anything but progress.

I heard Newt Gingrich on Fox saying the President should set up an Army Corps to command the operation. Dumbass, that's exactly what they already did. The staff, created out of thin air, was in place NLT 1 September at 1300.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#11]
OK, so how do you pronounce this guy's name? Silent "e"?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I would guess "On-Or-Ray."  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Love it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I don't know what that is... but I laughed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would guess "On-Or-Ray."  

correct.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have to remember that one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Read an interview where Ray Nagin (sic?) complimented GWB for sending him down to help. Ray said something to the effect that he was a real John Wayne kinda guy, got off the helicopter and immediately started cussing and barking orders at people who were standing around............
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#18]
The press interview with Rumsfeld, Meyers, etc. this morning was kind of lame until General Honore stepped up and spoke.  This guy says it like it is.  I hope we hear more from him.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Agree completely.  Listening to this guy a couple times today
gave me warm fuzzies.  Take charge and git er done.

And Geraldo...  If he had any brains he would have embarassed
himself into a coma.  Not that that would be a bad thing.

DanM
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#20]
See sig line...

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Honore 4 prez.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm sick of that asshat Geraldo. If he really wanted to do something, he should drop the mic and pick up a shovel and get to work. F@#k him!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

An understatement.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I like Honore.  I also think Former General Tommy Franks would have gotten things moving as well.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes, he ordered those NOPD officers who were not safely carrying their rifles to point them down, in a rather stern manner.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This the same guy I saw on CNN yelling at the soldiers to point their guns down? "Point those goddamn guns down!" to a guy that was out of the top of a HMMWV.

Just a safety reminder... According to the Army, 'Low Ready' (hands in 'firing' positions, finger off the trigger, muzzle down and away) is the official 'Safe' way to carry weapons... I think most folks here would agree on the nececcity of not flagging people with one's weapon...

I'd expect a General to correct something of that nature - there's no need to having anyone shot unless you're actually trying to hit them...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#28]
What little I have seen and heard from him so far, I like him.

Looks like a natural leader and thats what NO needs now, not that mayor they have now.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#29]
I just saw him on on the DHS news conference. Definitely has his shit together.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Very true.  I'm amazed at how he's been able to re-invent himself as a "legitimate" reporter n FOX.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#31]
They still talk about him at JFCOM.  He headed a JTF for homeland security (HLS) after 9-11.  Definitely a straight shooter and someone who would ream you out if he wasn't happy with your results.  I think he was a star or two down then.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This the same guy I saw on CNN yelling at the soldiers to point their guns down? "Point those goddamn guns down!" to a guy that was out of the top of a HMMWV.

Just a safety reminder... According to the Army, 'Low Ready' (hands in 'firing' positions, finger off the trigger, muzzle down and away) is the official 'Safe' way to carry weapons... I think most folks here would agree on the nececcity of not flagging people with one's weapon...

I'd expect a General to correct something of that nature - there's no need to having anyone shot unless you're actually trying to hit them...

He was telling them to remember that they were in a US city, not Iraq.

The guy impresses me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Read an interview where Ray Nagin (sic?) complimented GWB for sending him down to help. Ray said something to the effect that he was a real John Wayne kinda guy, got off the helicopter and immediately started cussing and barking orders at people who were standing around............

That's because LibTards are always in awe of real authority and a take-charge attitude....they just never wield it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What little I have seen and heard from him so far, I like him.

Looks like a natural leader and thats what NO needs now, not that mayor they have now.

Yep.  Lots of politicians in NO,  but no LEADERS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top