Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 5:13:10 PM EDT
My thoughts may not appeal to some but here goes.

I see a lot of people completely blaming the President for everything simply because they did not vote for him or they hate his party. If Kerry was President the same thing would probably be happening. You are supposed to respect your President no matter who he is. If your guy lost then suck it up and be an adult about it. For anyone to say he is an idiot or anything of the like speaks worlds about you when he is a world leader and you probably are lucky to manage a store for an authority position.

I am in the military and if Kerry would have won I would have to respect and follow his orders as Commander in Chief and I would.  I may disagree with him but he would still be my President as an American citizen and deserve my respect.

If President Bush does something you do not like let your government know the right ways.  Through the voting booth and notifying your state represenatives and not by name calling like a three year old.

If you agree post this on some more messageboards to spread the message of respect to people of different interests.

People disrespecting the President, any President, kind of makes me sick.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
People blame Bush because of his Haliburton Hurricane Machine.

He is responsible for this one
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just raised to have respect for certain people and I like to think I do.

It amazes me how many others don't.  It isn't like he is just some guy working down at the jiffy lube.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was just raised to have respect for certain people and I like to think I do.

It amazes me how many others don't.  It isn't like he is just some guy working down at the jiffy lube.  

I can't remember the last time i heard him called PRESIDENT BUSH on the radio..
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You are supposed to respect your President no matter who he is. If your guy lost then suck it up and be an adult about it.  

Not possible for a dimocrat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My thoughts may not appeal to some but here goes.

I see a lot of people completely blaming the President for everything simply because they did not vote for him or they hate his party. If Kerry was President the same thing would probably be happening. You are supposed to respect your President no matter who he is. If your guy lost then suck it up and be an adult about it. For anyone to say he is an idiot or anything of the like speaks worlds about you when he is a world leader and you probably are lucky to manage a store for an authority position.

I am in the military and if Kerry would have won I would have to respect and follow his orders as Commander in Chief and I would.  I may disagree with him but he would still be my President as an American citizen and deserve my respect.

If President Bush does something you do not like let your government know the right ways.  Through the voting booth and notifying your state represenatives and not by name calling like a three year old.

If you agree post this on some more messageboards to spread the message of respect to people of different interests.

People disrespecting the President, any President, kind of makes me sick.  

I agree.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I think he dropped the ball to an extent in the beginning... Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I think he made mistake. He has comeback and fixed those though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Why blame the President?

Because it's so much easier than actually coming up with a solution to the problem.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think he dropped the ball to an extent in the beginning... Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I think he made mistake. He has comeback and fixed those though.

When was the ball dropped?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Why? It's much easier to bitch than to figure out solutions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why? It's much easier to bitch than to figure out solutions.

+1

Why do something useful when you can get on TV and tell the press how it should have been done faster/cheaper/better?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Ever heard the phrase "The buck stops here"?  Harry Truman put it on his desk, because it's true.  Doesn't matter if Bush isn't directly responsible for this fiasco, he's the president, he'll get the blame anyway.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
EVERYTHING bad is Bush's fault, everything good is thanks to grass roots liberal activism defeating evil Rove-ian hordes. DUh.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I just posted this on another Board.  The conversation was about President Bush being known as the President who lost New Orleans.

And I said:

You may be right.

But he should be known as the President who told them to evacuate.

www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?base/news-18/1125239940201382.xml&storylist=louisiana

Mandatory evacuation ordered for New Orleans

8/28/2005, 10:48 a.m. CT

The Associated Press

SNIP

Gov. Kathleen Blanco, standing beside the mayor at a news conference, said President Bush called and personally appealed for a mandatory evacuation for the low-lying city, which is prone to flooding.

SNIP

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The pres., like every other member of gov't, WORKS FOR YOU!  His payroll comes from your taxes and if you think he is doing a bad job, then you have no reason to respect him.  If you hired someone and they acted in a manner you considered completely unacceptable, you would cut his ass loose.  I don’t owe Bush any more than I owe arbitrary man-I-meet-on-the-street X.

ETA:  I dont think everything is Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Because Governor Blanco and NO Mayor are the ones who screwed the relief efforts and they are both Dummycrats.  That is a Democrat who knows nothing but blame.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The pres., like every other member of gov't, WORKS FOR YOU!  His payroll comes from your taxes and if you think he is doing a bad job, then you have no reason to respect him.  If you hired someone and they acted in a manner you considered completely unacceptable, you would cut his ass loose.  I don’t owe Bush any more than I owe arbitrary man-I-meet-on-the-street X.

ETA:  I dont think everything is Bush's fault.

So you don't respect a man who has the will and drive to earn and accept that job bestowed upon him?  You don't accept that he can't have a bad day when things all fall apart as he tries to do his job the best he can so you would disrespect him?

You do know that respect and agreeing with someones policies are two different things right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Some people think that the president should micro manage to the point that there is no need for a vice president, cabinet, senate, house of representatives, governor, mayor, alderman, police, or dog catcher.

That was tried many times throughout history on several continents and failed almost everytime.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I said I would give him as much respect as any man I met on the street.  I am not going to get on my knees before him.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#19]
It's not the President's fault.

Blame it on the Governor. Our Gov, Jeb Bush, takes care of mobilizing the NG and supplies in advance of approaching hurricanes. He's on top of things, has a good staff and doesn't take crap questions from reporters.

Govs of AL and MS got things running quick as well while LA seemed to be in a state of confusion.

2 days before Dennis struck in July, Jeb asked for a emergency declaration from the Pres and had water and ice on it's way, staying back far enough to avoid damage--ready to truck in after the wind stopped.

Seems like it is the State's responsibility to take care of itself and ask the Fed for help if necessary, not expect the Fed to take over automatically.

Is the Gov of LA a product of the welfare state? Seems like it when she blames the Feds, wondering what they were waiting for . . .
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Bullshit, he declared a state of emergency for the entire gulf coast days before storm landfall, that's basically all he can do, the rest is up to THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT!!!!!1
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#21]
There might be a handful of people responsible for this tragedy, or there could be a huge number of people responsible.  

The bottom line is that help was not mobilized quickly and efficiently enough and our President did not take action for what seamed days.  In times of crises we look towards our President as our leader, and there was no presence of that.  

If he had made a more visible appearance and looked more like our leader before, during and after this storm then people wouldn’t have held him as accountable for this tragedy.

On a side note, Wal-Mart was able to do assemble and mobilizing a relief effort faster than this administration was able to, but FEMA blocked their supply convey.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit, he declared a state of emergency for the entire gulf coast days before storm landfall, that's basically all he can do, the rest is up to THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT!!!!!1

Local Government was whipped off the face of the map after this storm blew though.  No communication, no power, nothing.  What did everyone expect them to do with a non-functional infrastructure?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
People blame Bush because of his Haliburton Hurricane Machine.

He is responsible for this one

Interesting even if far fetched.
MOST INTERESTING
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local Government was whipped off the face of the map after this storm blew though.  No communication, no power, nothing.  What did everyone expect them to do with a non-functional infrastructure?

Proper planning prevents piss-poor performance.

Baton Rouge, the home of the governor, was virtually untouched.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
There might be a handful of people responsible for this tragedy, or there could be a huge number of people responsible.  

The bottom line is that help was not mobilized quickly and efficiently enough and our President did not take action for what seamed days.  In times of crises we look towards our President as our leader, and there was no presence of that.  

If he had made a more visible appearance and looked more like our leader before, during and after this storm then people wouldn’t have held him as accountable for this tragedy.

On a side note, Wal-Mart was able to do assemble and mobilizing a relief effort faster than this administration was able to, but FEMA blocked their supply convey.  

for christ sake peopel! President Bush declared a state of emergency BEFORE THE STORM EVEN HIT that's all he has to do, it gives the STATE LEVEL ATHURITIES AUTHORIZATION TO CALL UP NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS AND GET AID MOVING.  How hard is this to understand?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I post a topic on about the same thing last night. I completely agree. I dont like bush , but I dont blame him.  I hope what he does is for the better of the country and his plans help us all out
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#27]
the blame for all of this falls squarly on the governor and mayor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Simply not true... lying bullshit.

The truth is starting to come out on just how bad local LA and NO have fucked up,

how they played shell games with funding meant to prepare for a disaster,
how they refused to evacuate before the storm,
how they refused to allow Federal preparations to start 3 days before the storm hit,
how they held back the Federal response,
how the President had to declare a Natural Disaster BEFORE the storm to get them to move AT ALL.

It ain't going to be pretty for them.

It is becoming abundantly clear George Bush has saved thousands and thousands of lives despite all attempts by LA and NO officials to stop him.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Because people would rather point their finger at someone else than accept their own fault/mistakes/stupidity etc...  I'm sure that the prez is blamed for the wonderful welfare system we have as well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#30]
There were mistakes made all around on this one, plenty of blame to spread around starting with the welfare state facilitating a class of people unable and unwilling to look after themselves, having no significant civil defense programs in place, etc. The time to mitigate these things is before they occur, P.P.P.P.P.P.

Bush administration actions that contributed to the poor response to this disaster include;

Cutting funding for the Army corps of engineers repair project on the NO levees.

Appointing an inexperienced, ineffectual FEMA director with good connections.

Incorporating FEMA into homeland security without maintaining its capabilities in non-terrorist related events such as this. The people calling the shots at FEMA were focused on other things and dropped the ball, that's the real story on the federal portion of this failure, homeland security got its first big test and failed miserably.

Taking too much vacation time, I know he can do his job from the ranch but the federal job doesn't seem to get done while he's on vacation, there's a pattern that's getting tough to defend at this point.

And lets face it, there wasn't enough national guard resources in the region to deal with an event of this magnitude, for the war or against it doesn't matter, we need the guard for these things and we need them at full strength here at home. There are different branches of service for a reason.

The local government completely blew the evac., didn't get information to the feds effectively, and most disappointing at all they didn't follow their own plans for such an event, which led to all sorts of problems that didn't have to occur.

But the biggest mistake of all was made by the million or so people who decided to live below sea level in an area vulnerable to hurricanes, it was going to happen, it was going to be bad, no matter what anybody did. Blame God if you have to blame somebody.

BUT, when FEMA doesn't know about 30,000 people without water four days into the event, and doesn't get water to them for another two, it's clear that agency dropped the ball, how hard is it to get an airlift organized?

The REASON everybody is pointing fingers however is that government cannot do what it claims to do, which is to protect the citizen. The citizenry is angry because it's pretty hard to justify all the taxation, regulation and interference in peoples lives in light of this fact, and anger that should have been there all along is now being directed at government by those that haven't yet come to the realization that it cannot EVER protect them effectively, no matter how high the taxes or how good the leadership.

So that's WHY.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
the blame for all of this falls squarly on the governor and mayor.

I thought a hurricane caused it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top