Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/4/2005 5:03:09 PM EDT
The pompous ass brought a photographer to document his attempt to personally rescue flood victims

Sean Penn's rescue bid sinks
From correspondents in New Orleans
05sep05

EFFORTS by Hollywood actor Sean Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly overnight, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch.

The actor, known for his political activism, was seen wearing what appeared to be a white flak jacket and frantically bailing water out of the sinking vessel with a red plastic cup.

When the boat's motor failed to start, those aboard were forced to use paddles to propel themselves down the flooded New Orleans street.

Asked what he had hoped to achieve in the waterlogged city, the actor replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16494464%5E1702,00.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What a turd!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a SAR call waiting to happen.......what a dooooooofuss
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]

The actor, known for his political activism, was seen wearing what appeared to be a white flak jacket and frantically bailing water out of the sinking vessel with a red plastic cup.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The pompous ass brought a photographer to document his attempt to personally rescue flood victims

Sean Penn's rescue bid sinks
From correspondents in New Orleans
05sep05

EFFORTS by Hollywood actor Sean Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly overnight, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch.

When the boat's motor failed to start, those aboard were forced to use paddles to propel themselves down the flooded New Orleans street.

Asked what he had hoped to achieve in the waterlogged city, the actor replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16494464%5E1702,00.html

That's funny shit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The actor, known for his political activism, was last seen wearing what appeared to be a white flak jacket and frantically bailing water out of the sinking vessel with a red plastic cup.

Meanwhile the New Orleans Zoo has reported a missing Alligator also last seen swimming in the general vicinity of Mr. Penn's Inflatable Rescue Dingy
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad the headline didn't read "Sean Penn drowns when his boat spring a leak."  last seen in mouth of a Gator!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]
You just can't make shit like this up.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#8]
File under Justice:  Poetic.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Amen!

I wonder what kind of Holy Sepulchre the DUmmies are preparing for him, though!

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Too fucken funny.  Even the guy behind him thinks so!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The problem with old Sean is he actually started to believe his own hype. Now he's caught up in some sort of ultra liberal fantasy world. Remember the movie Recall with Arnonld? I think Seans fantasies have gone bad. Now he's just another dumbass in NO without a real plan.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like a nice boat! What a waste.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Too fucken funny.  Even the guy behind him thinks so!

That looks like the reporter Matt Taibbi.

If it is, he's going to write a very funny and mean-spirited account of all of this.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#15]
He's the only one wearing a vest.  What a crudfuck.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah - cause the Coast Guard ONLY has around 2,500 personnel or so on scene..............retards.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey Sean,

Here's an idea for you.  How about if you just bust open your bank account, scratch out a check and leave the rescues to the competent.

Whatcha think?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#18]
You know, this is sickening.  They let asshats like Sean Penn and Jesse Jackson in for their pr bs tying up resourses and don't know wtf they're doing.  Put they turn away Louisiana men that hunt and fish regularly and can definitely handle a boat (and actually qualified to do something other than pretend) from contributing real skills.  Truly sad.  Penn and Jackson wouldn't stay long either, the smell is getting extremely bad now.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#19]
The duuuuuuuuuuuuude is as stupid as some of the characters he has played.  Typical dem.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

And what kinda vest is that? A fucking white flakjacket?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like the start of another "Weekend at Bernie's" flick....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have NO idea........its not a PFD - (Personal flotation device - ie life jacket) .......he deserves a Darwin Award..........New Orleans does not need additional maritime evacuations of people.............IF he really wanted to help he'd drive a bus into the city. Fucking moron.

maybe the vest is some civilian Level II or IIA body armor lol.........think DEEP into his mind........he expects to be shot by Republican driven police or troops..............HIS MIND........not the rationale human being.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

???Gay Pride fashion statement???
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#24]

HAHAHAHA !!!    Fuckin retard !

That's beautiful !
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking; I can't figure out what else it would be. Probably picked it up in Hollyweird somwhere, or maybe it was a leftover movie prop or something.  I expect he figured it projected an air of authority and  importance befitting a "star" of his, uh, "magnitude".
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No $hit........this is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time........
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Too bad the headline didn't read "Sean Penn drowns when his boat spring a leak."  last seen in mouth of a Gator!

Too good to be true
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#29]
What a fucking tard.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#30]
That's not a flak jacket, it's the new wearable white flag designed by the french.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Yeah well at least he TRIED to help. That's a lot more than any of you keyboard commanders can say for yourself! At least he was willing to put his life on.... Oh shit I can't do it. He's a fucking TOTAL retard/asshat/dumbshit/fuckhead and every fucking time he steps out of his house he proves it ever so clearly!

What an absolute shitforbrains!

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

His only acting job that he wasn't "acting" in.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#32]
BEST THREAD EVER!!!

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Idiot obviously doesn't know what the drain PLUG is for.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#34]
"People on 'ludes should not boat!!"
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking; I can't figure out what else it would be. Probably picked it up in Hollyweird somwhere, or maybe it was a leftover movie prop or something.  I expect he figured it projected an air of authority and  importance befitting a "star" of his, uh, "magnitude".

You are more than likely correct. I bet it is a Movie Prop.

Dumb ASS!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's standard police body armor. The kind normally worn under a shirt.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#37]
rofl.. this is some funny shit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#38]
15 Minutes--thats all you get --you squandered yours, times up, we're moving on now, so why dont  you head over woody harrelsons house and play for a bit. Try to stay out of trouble.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Is that a 14 foot realtree aliminum boat?  Those things cost about $1000.  Why didn't his rich ass bring more than one cheap boat?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Is that a 14 foot realtree aliminum boat?  Those things cost about $1000.  Why didn't his rich ass bring more than one cheap boat?

He wanted the most publicity at the cheapest price. He probably helicoptered in a rich friend to play the role of rescued poor survivor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Good job, Gilligan. Bring the Professor next time to help maintain positive buoyancy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#43]
shouldnt the title read sean penns rescue mission flounders?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#44]
OOOH!  From the looks of the picture it has perch seats so it might be the $1400 model.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I would pay $$ to see a movie.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Shouldn't you have used some more punctuation in this sentence?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
He wouldn't even be there if he didn't have a photographer with him.

No shit! I was thinking the same thing myself. And if his purpose was to do whatever he could to help, why the fuck would you take up valuable space w/ a flippin' photographer? He is a total self righteous liberal asshole.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Second funniest thing I've seen all day!!!  Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole.  Out there seeking face time for the camera, sucking in all the publicity he can in a cheap boat.  Meanwhile, the professionals are saving people and he's scooping water from a leak!!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Yeah, I guess you're right.

foun·der1   Audio pronunciation of "founder" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (foundr)
v. foun·dered, foun·der·ing, foun·ders
v. intr.

1. To sink below the surface of the water: The ship struck a reef and foundered.
  2. To cave in; sink: The platform swayed and then foundered.
  3. To fail utterly; collapse: a marriage that soon foundered.
  4. To stumble, especially to stumble and go lame. Used of horses.
  5. To become ill from overeating. Used of livestock.
  6. To be afflicted with laminitis. Used of horses.

floun·der1   Audio pronunciation of "flounder" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (floundr)
intr.v. floun·dered, floun·der·ing, floun·ders

1. To make clumsy attempts to move or regain one's balance.
  2. To move or act clumsily and in confusion. See Synonyms at blunder. See Usage Note at founder1.

Usage Note: The verbs founder and flounder are often confused. Founder comes from a Latin word meaning “bottom” (as in foundation) and originally referred to knocking enemies down; it is now also used to mean “to fail utterly, collapse.” Flounder means “to move clumsily, thrash about,” and hence “to proceed in confusion.” If John is foundering in Chemistry 1, he had better drop the course; if he is floundering, he may yet pull through.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top