Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 3:28:22 PM EDT
Would you just head down to Texas and claim you were from NOLA?  It's a freeloaders dream.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean "IF". And I prefer the term "mobility challenged hobo"
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I can see a lot of cities shipping thier homeless off to be taken care of by the releif effort. Call it another form of "urban renewal"... fullclip
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL   thats just wrong man,   but yeah,  I have seen signs all weekend that read,   "Katrina Refugee, Please Help"   how do you judge if its true or not?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You would probably get some freebies for a while, but to get the real money I'm pretty sure you would have to prove where you came from. Why, are you considering it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You would probably get some freebies for a while, but to get the real money I'm pretty sure you would have to prove where you came from. Why, are you considering it?

I think it will be a long time before anyone has to prove anything, and if the Michigan economy gets any worse, it just might be an idea.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]

That's something I was talking about with a friend at work the other day.  The population of NO is going to "turn out" to be something closer to 1,500,000+lol

I base that on the 7 or 800 people around here who show up to file injury claims whenever one of our city buses gets rear-ended by a UPS truck
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I base that on the 7 or 800 people around here who show up to file injury claims whenever one of our city buses gets rear-ended by a UPS truck

I never thought about the personal injury angle  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think it will be a long time before anyone has to prove anything, and if the Michigan economy gets any worse, it just might be an idea.  

Want to car pool down there? NW ohio isn't much better than se michigan lol...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Would you just head down to Texas and claim you were from NOLA?  It's a freeloaders dream.

That'd work great until you had to produce ID and it turns out you're from Denver or wherever.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Would you just head down to Texas and claim you were from NOLA? It's a freeloaders dream.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That'd work great until you had to produce ID and it turns out you're from Denver or wherever.

I think it would real easy to claim you lost your ID in the flood.  I wonder how many people there have no ID.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Would you just head down to Texas and claim you were from NOLA? It's a freeloaders dream.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it would real easy to claim you lost your ID in the flood.  I wonder how many people there have no ID.

OMG, I just realized something.  This disaster is going to be a bonanza for identity thieves.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it would real easy to claim you lost your ID in the flood. I wonder how many people there have no ID.

OMG, I just realized something. This disaster is going to be a bonanza for identity thieves.
[quot

You bet your ass.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]
And we are posting thier names and other info. on many web sights searching for them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd walk the earth...
Like Caine in Kung Fu.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#16]
We were supposed to be going on vacation in LA,  still might,  just change plans from staying in the hotel to a Tent on the beach.  You have to wonder if the fish are biting.  LOL I can see an influx of "flood" damaged vehicles showing up at insurance auctions.  Maybe I should start applying for fake ID's now,  I think If I can get an ID with some addy in NOLA Might be able to get FEMA to cut me a check for my house on 6th street that toatally got levelled.   You know this scenario is gonna pop up.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top