Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 1:22:27 PM EDT
Today another ARFCOMMER and I went to the range for a bit and we set our target out the furthest it can go. So now he and I are alternating ONE shot per shooter with our 1911's.

We were using one of those Shoot-N-C targets to see which of us would hit it first.

I think we shot about a dozen rounds and NEITHER of us can hit this thing. So, frustrated as I was I hold the gun gangsta style (sideways) and what the fuck do you know. Hit the target... We just about shit ourselves.

BTW anyone have the photoshop pic of the gangsta sights?

Anyway... a bad day at the range is sure better than a good day at work.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If you rotate your wrist slightly, you line up the muscles in your arm for a more stable one-handed shot. Mind you, I'm not talking the full gangsta horizontal grip. Maybe just 30-45 degrees.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you rotate your wrist slightly, you line up the muscles in your arm for a more stable one-handed shot.

Really? Arfcom science project!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you rotate your wrist slightly, you line up the muscles in your arm for a more stable one-handed shot. Mind you, I'm not talking the full gangsta horizontal grip. Maybe just 30-45 degrees.

Hmmmm just tried it... feels more "natural" ... VERY interesting!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hmmmm just tried it... feels more "natural" ... VERY interesting!!

I just tried it on a bug, I sprayed it with bathroom cleaner from a pistol-type pump. It seems to work!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
A slight cant is the preferred position for one handed pistol shooting
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Tilting the pistol and sighting along the edge of the slide is a perfectly acceptable close range combat technique.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.thegunzone.com/glock/images/nyte-sytes.jpg

Ok, I gotta ask...

What's the turnaround on that, and can it be done on both sides of the slide for weak hand use?

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#9]
See dat!! I done tole' you muphuckahs it'd work!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Now that's some funny shit right there.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I gotta ask...

What's the turnaround on that, and can it be done on both sides of the slide for weak hand use?

Yup, I am wondering the same thing, and where can I find a 8.5X11 version of that to print out?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I gotta ask...

Yup, I am wondering the same thing, and where can I find a 8.5X11 version of that to print out?

Copy, Paste to SEND MAIL and then print....over?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I gotta ask...

I can copy it, but I don't know about the SEND MAIL part, are you talking about outlook?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I gotta ask...

I can copy it, but I don't know about the SEND MAIL part, are you talking about outlook?

Oh I thought you were on AOL or something that can send mail...sorry
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I gotta ask...

Oh I thought you were on AOL or something that can send mail...sorry

I can send and receive mail, but I usually use a remote free service to cut down on spam
and allow me to change providers without changing addresses. I have friends with aol and other
types of services, can you explain what you are talking about, I would really like a pic of that
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yep, been doing it for years. It especially helps w/ weak hand only.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I still remember the brouhaha that picture caused. The leftists thought it was REAL.

Remember the Rhino bullet?

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Wished I hadda seant that shit myself, foh shizzle dr fridgizzle.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Why is it, the only time I see that stupid grip stance, its using a glock?

Sure would be funny to see that sideways shit with a revolver......like a S&W500!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Why is it, the only time I see that stupid grip stance, its using a glock?

Sure would be funny to see that sideways shit with a revolver......like a S&W500!!!

OK At the range me and RJ go to they rent the S&W500... I will do it and post a range report.... or injury report
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I still remember the brouhaha that picture caused. The leftists thought it was REAL.

NO!!! What was it??? I am dyin to hear.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#23]
well, whatever helps you hit the target......
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That's the funny part.

Never heard the Rhino bullet though......
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That's what I was taught at Blackwater when shooting one-handed, both strong AND weak hand. It works.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#26]
The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#27]
check out

http://www.sabretactical.com/

look at the videos

Breacher
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top