Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 10:44:39 AM EDT
Estimates are about 200,000 from NO are in Texas, with 25K plus each in Houston and San Antonio.

Hospitals in San Antonio are reaching capacity.  Yesterday we admitted about 40 where I was and treated and released another 100 or so back to shelters.  More are on the way.  Another release valve needs to be established.  I'm not sure at what level that decision is made.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn.  200,000 and the state's already full?

There go my hopes of moving out there after college.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Damn. 200,000 and the state's already full?

There go my hopes of moving out there after college

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's a matter of space to provide adequate shelter, resources to provide food, clothing and medication, and the personnel to see to it that it happens.  I've slept 6 hours since Thursday.

Why don't you come see for yourself?

Asshole.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Asshole.

Good job taking the high road.  You're super.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Come to think of it...

California would be an ideal place for a shelter. Berkley Memorial Stadium could take about 50K. Monster Park in San Francisco could take another 50... Angel Stadium another 50...

Hell, let's put um all in Kalli!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
So when do the Tex-Mex-Gumbo resaraunts open?  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Come to think of it...

California would be an ideal place for a shelter. Berkley Memorial Stadium could take about 50K. Monster Park in San Francisco could take another 50... Angel Stadium another 50...

No problem here.  I personally think the only thing that'll fix this state is an implossion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Hell, give'em some two-way radios, binoculars, a few canteens of water and put'em to work patrolling
the Southern border.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hell, give'em some two-way radios, binoculars, a few canteens of water and put'em to work patrolling
the Southern border.

That there's an idear.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Come to think of it...

No problem here.  I personally think the only thing that'll fix this state is an implossion.

It's just your warm and winning personalities that make you people SO wonderful to be around.

You would be a perfect example of that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#12]
i wonder if anyone gave thought to the fact that now these people aren't going to want to move back to LA. and soon will be on the TX welfare rolls. any place they can get a free hand out is fine with them. that of course is in a general sense, because i'm sure there are plenty who don't want to live that way, but i tend to think that the state of TX just adopted LA's social leaches.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Come to think of it...

It's just your warm and winning personalities that make you people SO wonderful to be around.

You would be a perfect example of that.

Why thank you peaches.  You're so lovely.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

dont come here...stay in commiefornia
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Come to think of it...

Too bad San Francisco stopped its cash handout policy for the homeless.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I just hope they go back once it's all over. I don't think we're getting a whole lot of productive members of society types out of this.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
the Southern border.

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!

2,000 or so are coing to PHX.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top