Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 9:50:39 AM EDT
Even if my setup wasn't in storage, I wouldn't have known since I didn't have 100 on my favorite channel list.

www.directv.com/see/landing/reconnect.html

DIRECTV has launched a dedicated 24/7 “Hurricane Katrina Information” center on channel 100. This channel provides information on hurricane relief and recovery efforts for evacuees in shelters, as well as for DIRECTV viewers nationwide.

This information channel lets viewers send text messages to family and friends separated by the hurricane. Messages are scrolled across the bottom of the television screen. To place a message on this channel, viewers can send an e-mail message to [email protected] or send a text message via their cellular phone directly to text code “48433.”

VIEW ALL CHANNEL 100 MESSAGES
View and print a PDF transcript of all the scrolling messages here.

To search for specific words or names, open the document and click on the search button with the binocular icon. You can also press Ctrl+F.

Information available on the Hurricane Katrina Information channel includes:
• Transportation infrastructure – road closures throughout the Gulf Coast region
  • Counties/parishes in the Gulf Coast region that are able to assist evacuees
  • Special needs shelters – the location and phone numbers of special needs shelters in Louisiana
  • Shelter openings throughout the Gulf Coast region
  •

Relief agency contact information, including phone numbers for the American Red Cross, The Salvation Army and Feed the Children
  • Insurance company contact information

DIRECTV is collaborating with the Red Cross and FEMA to provide DIRECTV service to shelters throughout the Gulf Coast region to inform evacuees and officials of the latest developments concerning the ongoing relief and recovery efforts.

To view the latest hurricane updates from DIRECTV, go to our press release page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top