Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 9:02:53 AM EDT
A couple of simple things badly need to be kept in perspective by some of the smug aholes who are using this to crow about their 'personal reliance', and, in some cases, imply that we should simply let these people die, rwanda style, rather than help them.

It was widely estimated that NO would need 55-72 hours to evacuate the city in the face of a CAT 4 hurricane.   They had a little over 2 days.

After the hurricane, the canal/levy system seemed OK, so some people were heading back in.

NO natives were told to collect at 10 safehouses within the city if they could not get out.

This is just a disaster of epic proportions.  These are Americans.  I personally don't care how they ended up in this situation, but we can take care of our own people.  I know it was widely known that if NO was hit by this storm, the city would be uninhabitable.  It was deemed an acceptable risk by many levels of goverment to allow the city to exist in it's precarious position.

This will, ultimately, be seen as a source of American pride... that we can rebuild and repopulate an area the SIZE OF GREAT BRITAIN and do it in style.  This could, ultimately, result in improved race relations.

I wish that some of the carping and whining you can find on CNN was the extent of this, but, of couurse, it is not.  Listen to some of the smug, idiotic comments from the posters on this board, many of which seem to relish the prospect of no government intervention, and the resulting death, embarrasment, and shame.

Many here are far more strident and silly in response to some of this rather fatuous news coverage, immediately crying like  bitches "LET THE F***ERS ROT."  Jesus, it's a agood thing many of us aren't on CNN.  

Another favorite of mine "I'd go down there if it was open season on looters".  Now don't get me wrong... snipers and murderers need to be shot.  But only one of ARFCOM'S finest in one of their 'moments' would openly express desire to get some sniper action in another state/city to kill Americans for theft and property damage, during a natural disaster.

To all of you smug idiots crowing about your SHtF stockpile, your  dried foods, you 'self reliance', toughness, and general resistance to disasters, I say, BIG F***KING DEAL.  This isn't rocket science.  This is a worst case scenario, and if you don't mind, I think the rest of us will choose to save these Americans as opposed to letting them die.

I know many on this board actually are pained to see Americans in distress, and have, like myself, done something to help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
My relatives in NO got the hell out on Sunday and went to stay with other relatives in Louisiana.

When asked if they needed anything, they replied negative.

But we should be guilt-tripped for pointing out that people who think more than thirty seconds ahead in life are likely to come out better in a bad situation?

Meanwhile, their city got turned into a giant garbage dump and looted by "victims"... give me a break.

sheeesh
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me get this straight!

they are told to leave 2 DAYS in advance, most do === Alot dont
They where offered FREE bus rides out  -- They didnt take them
They knew for how many years hurricans could wipe out NO and they did what?
The ones who stayed are now complaining that others arent riskeing there lives fast enough to save them! --- Would you?
They lay the blame on my President, George W. Bush and on there race being one of the reasons why help wasnt beamed in within a couple hours.
Jesse jackson basicaly said " The slow response was because they are mostly poor black americans, if they had been white they would have been fast response" ....
some jackass rapper gets on live TV and blabers out " president Bush doesnt like black people" ..
They shoot and kill at least 4 police officers and shot and wounded a national gaurdsman inside the super dome.
they shoot at RESCUE helos and care flight copters.
they shoot at doctors, patients, and nurses, as well as firefighters trying to put out fires.
They loot side by side THREE NO police officers cought on tape inside a walmart .....
they steal cars, murder for water, steal TVs in an area with no power!

60% of ther own police force walks off the job with two officers commiting suicide! If the police officers can do this that should give you a clue as to how much the rest of the people there really care.

And im supposed to feel sorry for them?
i feel sorry for those who used there head and left like they where mandatory ordered. i feel sorry for those who left and lost everything they left beind. i do not feel sorry for those who stayed to weather the storm and put sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many more lives in danger trying to save there asses because they have a brain smaller then the average cat. Would I help those in need who lost everything but where smart enough to leave and save themselves, sure. Buy again, i have no sympothy for those think we are required to take care of them. I dont mind helping anyone who at least trys to help themselves.......

To all of you smug idiots crowing about your SHtF stockpile, your dried foods, you 'self reliance', toughness, and general resistance to disasters, I say, BIG F***KING DEAL.  This isn't rocket science. This is a worst case scenario, and if you don't mind, I think the rest of us will choose to save these Americans as opposed to letting them die.

Hmmm, if the people in NO had some type of, even small stockpile  for a SHTF situation do you think they would be in the same situation they are in now? The answer is a BIG FUCKING NOPE!!! They would have food, water, batteries, flashlights, maybe even a generator as well as protection. You say stockpileing is not a big fucking deal and then in the next line you write this is a wrost case scenerio. Which is it?
How many thousands died in the tsunami? How much looting, shooting, robbing, rape, murder and pure idiocity did you read about over there? NONE, because the helped one another instead of makeing things worse.

NO natives were told to collect at 10 safehouses within the city if they could not get out
I guess they listen well dont they/

just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A couple of simple things badly need to be kept in perspective by some of the smug aholes who are using this to crow about their 'personal reliance', and, in some cases, imply that we should simply let these people die, rwanda style, rather than help them.

It was widely estimated that NO would need 55-72 hours to evacuate the city in the face of a CAT 4 hurricane.   They had a little over 2 days.

After the hurricane, the canal/levy system seemed OK, so some people were heading back in.

NO natives were told to collect at 10 safehouses within the city if they could not get out.

This is just a disaster of epic proportions.  These are Americans.  I personally don't care how they ended up in this situation, but we can take care of our own people.  I know it was widely known that if NO was hit by this storm, the city would be uninhabitable.  It was deemed an acceptable risk by many levels of goverment to allow the city to exist in it's precarious position.

This will, ultimately, be seen as a source of American pride... that we can rebuild and repopulate an area the SIZE OF GREAT BRITAIN and do it in style.  This could, ultimately, result in improved race relations.

I wish that some of the carping and whining you can find on CNN was the extent of this, but, of couurse, it is not.  Listen to some of the smug, idiotic comments from the posters on this board, many of which seem to relish the prospect of no government intervention, and the resulting death, embarrasment, and shame.

Many here are far more strident and silly in response to some of this rather fatuous news coverage, immediately crying like  bitches "LET THE F***ERS ROT."  Jesus, it's a agood thing many of us aren't on CNN.  

Another favorite of mine "I'd go down there if it was open season on looters".  Now don't get me wrong... snipers and murderers need to be shot.  But only one of ARFCOM'S finest in one of their 'moments' would openly express desire to get some sniper action in another state/city to kill Americans for theft and property damage, during a natural disaster.

To all of you smug idiots crowing about your SHtF stockpile, your  dried foods, you 'self reliance', toughness, and general resistance to disasters, I say, BIG F***KING DEAL.  This isn't rocket science.  This is a worst case scenario, and if you don't mind, I think the rest of us will choose to save these Americans as opposed to letting them die.

I know many on this board actually are pained to see Americans in distress, and have, like myself, done something to help.

Hmmmm, I read almost this very same rant at DU.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sounds like your convictions are pretty solid.

So why are you screwing around here when you could be down in N.O. rescueing these poor oppressed victims?

When you go, be sure and pick up some body armour.  It may come in very handy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
"Little Johnny, don't touch that stove."

(Johnny reaches for stove.)

"NO! Do not touch that stove!"

(Johnny does it again.)

"STOP NOW!"

(Johnny burns himself and then blames the parent.)

I personally don't need/expect one bit of help from any .gov agency.  You however, seem to relish the thought of a big federal teet and diaper service.

Liberal.

BTW, before you call me an uncaring jerk, I'll bet I have sent more $$$ to relief efforts than you have.  So, shut your Federal-I-derserve-an-MRE hole.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#7]
You need to update your "stupid-filter", because just as a lot of what is on TV is utter nonsense and completely unrepresenative of the more throughtful view, a lot of what you will read here is the same thing.  

Don't get yer panties in a twist because a couple of kids without enough homework have been posting about how they want to shoot looters.    
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You need to update your "stupid-filter"    

How would he be able to view his own posts then?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Fast_Jimmy

Hmmm they had a chance to get out , like the people that did. They wanted to stay and loot everything. I'm proud of my stockpile nothing wrong with that  I won't help anybody that would try to hurt me like all your banging thug bro's would.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A couple of simple things badly need to be kept in perspective by some of the smug aholes who are using this to crow about their 'personal reliance'

Did that storm blow some sand into your ?.....never mind.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#11]
What a pile of self righteous shit.

You cant help people that wont help themselves.  Nothing to do with us.  But if you know you live in a dangerous area and more danger is coming why would you stay?

There were buses rides offered. Why didnt the LA governor and mayor plan ahead instead of bitching after the fact and trying to blame others.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My relatives in NO got the hell out on Sunday and went to stay with other relatives in Louisiana.

When asked if they needed anything, they replied negative.

But we should be guilt-tripped for pointing out that people who think more than thirty seconds ahead in life are likely to come out better in a bad situation?

Meanwhile, their city got turned into a giant garbage dump and looted by "victims"... give me a break.

sheeesh

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Fast _Jimmy needs to take a laxative!  Put this in perspecitve.  People get what they asked for for the most part.  Yeah, there were a few real victims who were in wheelchairs or bed ridden.  Yes, those people I do feel sorry for.  But I see a shit load of people who could have hitch hiked, drove a car, asked the police for trasportation, called HHS, asked a neighbor for help, called a news station (ok maybe last on list next to call a lawyer), called a relative, called greyhound, called Amtrak, called a used car salesman and rented a car, stole a car, stole a bus to help neighbors, .......

I have not lived a full life, but I have lived long enough to know that most "victims" are victims because they put themselves in a situation to be "victimized".  They don't ask for trouble directly, but they do things knowing in the back of their head that what they are doing is stupid.  They are just to lazy to make the right decision.  And a lifetime of bad decisions leads them down the path of sitting through a hurricane.  This isn't like a family who lost their house because some bad wiring.  This is more like someone who set fire to their own house and is now having a pity party.  Well sorry, I am not a sucker to buy every sob story that comes along!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#15]
While I agree that most sane people left, I also agree that some couldn't leave for a multitude of reasons.  Such as the tourists that couldn't get a flight out.   Some stayed as they didn't think it would be that bad or to defend their property.  A LOT more stayed figuring this would be the time to loot, pilage and rape.  We've seen them on TV.  Many many more stayed as they had no means of escape and the local and state government utterly failed them.  Hopefully (but I won't hold my breath) the people of NO and LA will remember this come election time.  

Now, about people here wanting to go shoot looters and the general scum that showed it's asses down there.  Those scum are not what I would call Americans.  These are people that preyed on the weak and helpless and deserve the worst fate that can be handed to them.  I also put the "looters" in 2 catagories.  The ones that stole food and supplies to keep themselves and others alive should not be prosecuted.  That's called survival.  Even if they had a plan, it could have rapidly gone to shit.  Now category 2, the ones stealing jewelry, electronics etc., are the ones that deserve whatever they get.  In most disasters the world over, people pull together and help each other.  These bastards were out for themselves.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#16]
You could have given them rides out of town.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#17]
The only thing I gotta say is  Viper must go back to school; 2 days = 96 hrs?
Last I knew a day was 24 hrs,,2 days =48hrs

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm having a hard time working up sympathy for people who complain about cold MRE's. My heart bleeds for the group that started violently shaking a bus after swarming it, forcing the driver to drive away. I find it difficult to understand why the affected are ignoring the efforts of private charities, while complaining that the governemnt won't help them. I sit stunned, while people in need completely destroy the accomodations generously made available to them.

Somewhere in Mississippi, a family is patiently waiting for aid - aid they will no doubt welcome with smiles and hugs - while the nation focuses their efforts on a bunch of idiots in New Orleans who undermine every effort made to help them. Frankly, alot of these people disgust me, and I'm embarassed to share the title "American" with a great deal of them.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#20]
My brother said the destruction where he is is complete, not even anything standing like in NO, but every single person is thrilled to see the crews, they know that they are coming to rebuild their lives as well as possible. He said yesterday that he has not seen one single negative reaction. Sounds like an attitude problem to me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Dude, go back to DUng....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#22]
May, 2005. ETA: That's not just his sign-up date. It's also the date he started posting condecending horseshit on Arfcom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top