Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 7:54:45 AM EDT
I normally dont give cash but this time I think its different. GW looked at me from the TV and said to give em cash so who am I to tell Bush no.

Those people are screwed and my c- note isnt even a drop in the bucket. It will take much more than just me.

Anyone want to match ??????????????????? It only took a minute.

Sercure Red Cross donation page for hurricane victims

Gift Information  
Amount: $100.00
Donation Fund: Hurricane 2005 Relief
Honor/Memorial Gift: No
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I pulled up the site to show the wife this post and I must admit I was dissapointed not one person even responded with a WTF or match. I was sure someone would match.

So here's the one and only btt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent $100 to the SA.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll give you a btt.
But thats it. I wont bring politics and flames into it, I'll keep it short and sweet.

I'm tired of the poor bitching about what I dont do. Fuck'm.

Good luck with your donations and getting someone to match.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes generosity is anonymous
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally, I'd rather not give my aid money to a middle man. I like to know exactly where my money is going and what it is being spent on, so I can make sure it is making the biggest impact.

That is why I am going to be giving some money directly to people I know who had their homes and jobs destroyed by the hurricane. If I donate anything to a middleman organization it will not be cash, but things like clothes, furniture, etc. that is more likely to actually be given to victims.

Not that I'm saying your money is going to be wasted, I just like to make sure of where mine is going.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#6]
$100 to the SA on Saturday.

It feels like an empty gesture, however.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I gave $100 to a local Outreach organization that was taking in a couple of families.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sometimes generosity is anonymous

I agree MOST of the time mine is but I thought if I can get something rolling I would give it a try.
This isnt the first or the last thing we are doing to help. It was just fast.

Thanks for the bbt
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Some of them will make enough on Nike's and new clothes to make up my part.  As a good american I'm sure they are just raising money to help their fellow man.  Here's a BTT for you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I gave $100 to a local Outreach organization that was taking in a couple of families.

Good idea I called my Church and they are taking house hold goods. I will take a look at what we have in the garage tonight. The wife got me all new pots and pans and I save the old stuff because it was still good.  I have enough to help stock a kitchen.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Despite some mixed feelings about some of the folks getting help, despite knowing the amount of waste and corruption we will see - I still think we all need to help out.

I did the National Disaster Relief Fund, just in case they get "too much" money for Katrina, I wouldn't want them to have to basically use it or lose it and squander it.

Red Cross

Donation Amount:      $100.00  

Fund:                 National Disaster Relief Fund

You made your contribution on 09/07/2005 09:15:16

ASPCA

Donation Information

Donation Form:

2005 ASPCA Disaster Relief Fund

Donation Level:  $100.00
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:27:59 AM EDT
[#12]
We gave 400 to World Vision, Katrina fund. For various reasons we do not give to Red Cross.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#13]
When the price of gasoline falls to an affordable level, I'll consider a donation. I'm just barely making ends meet now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#14]
There is nothing wrong with people who can't afford to give.

American's have overwhelmingly given to these "American's in need"

It was reported that Americans had donated over $440 million, more than 9-11 and the tsunami combined.

I gave considerably more than what is being posted, I felt compelled.
I gave in both cash and goods. I did not however donate my time.......
Many people are donating time and energy. If you don't have money give some time.
It made me feel good to help, I bet it will you too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#15]
This is one of the things that makes America what it is.  We are a country of people with big hearts.  In general, we are better off than much of the world, and better off than many on our own shores.  Our generosity defines us.  We help people in need.  Sometimes we help people who don't deserve it.  Sometimes we help people who can't or worn't ask for it.

I love this country and I love being able to help those in need.  

My contributions have been in goods and prayers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top