Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 4:24:39 AM EDT
8:14am Eastern.

She HAMMERED HIM HARD. He was squirming and trying to deflect all the blame to the state and federal gov'ts and she kept coming back to him:

"Mr. Mayor, isn't this YOUR city...?"
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were that guy I would not be on talk TV; I would be too busy with the present emergency.

Uhhmmm, why isn't he busy?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the most pathetic elected officials I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
It was The mayor that directed the evacuation of all those people to the Superdome without adequate supplies and emergency services set aside for all those people. It was his responsibility to see to the welfare of the people of New Orleans. The first words out of his mouth were to push the blame and responsibility on the Feds.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:36:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Indeed

The guy has been exposed as a complete incompetent idiot who thinks the feds are to blame for everything

a real "Mayor Moose"*

* a DC thing

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]
THEY HAD A PLAN

They just didn't follow it. So they were planning to fail. By "they," I mean pretty much every government official in Louisiana, and by "plan," I mean a signed-off set of procedures they were supposed to follow in the event of a catastrophic hurricane. You know, like the one that just hit. And by "fail" I mean complete catastrophic failure.

Here’s the southeast Louisiana evac plan supplement,most recently revised in 2000. Go to page 13, read paragraph 5. It states:

5. The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles and vehicles provided by volunteer agencies may be used to provide transportation for individuals who lack transportation and require assistance in evacuating.

Well, well. Can you say "smoking gun," Mr. Mayor? Mr. Ebbert? How about a smoking arsenal? I guess whether or not you decide to act is based on how you define "school and municipal buses" and "staging area." Or "hurricane." Or "mandatory," as in "mandatory evacuation."

Also see page 18, paragraph 2a 2 and 3.

Page 20, paragraph 3a 5.

Page 21, paragraph c 4.

Page 29, all of it.

And this is just one part of a larger plan the size of a phone book.

Consider this strange quote too:

Previous hurricanes evacuations in New Orleans were always voluntary, because so many people don't have the means of getting out. Some are too poor and there is always a French Quarter full of tourists who get caught.

So the existence of people who may be stuck in the bowl actually leads to a decreased hurricane evacuation level to match their helplessness instead of increased urgency and planning for buses? Are you kidding me? Is that called "Nawlins logic" or what? Well, now we know why the President of the United States had to be the one to give the order for a mandatory evac. Sad.

The poor folk provide crucial votes for the local politicians, and the tourists provide the dollars, but yet before a major hurricane they can't even get a bus ride? If the MSM did not exist,
There is something very peculiar about a city and a state that have a plan on the books for years that outlines what to do when a hurricane is about to strike, yet when a hurricane comes roaring in, the responsible officials just chuck the plan and try winging it. Delaying and then winging it in the face of a monstrous Cat 4/5 hurricane is never, ever a good idea, especially for New Orleans.

So when the situation goes south, the levee breaks and the people who should have been evacuated based on the plan are dying, these same officials who decided to improvise the whole thing now blame it all on the President who begged them to just get everyone the hell out of there already.

I saw this on GT and posted it here.

Max
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't this the same mayor that was behind the lawsuits against gun manufacturer's
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
All you have to see that he didn't follow the plan is to go to the Drudgereport page and look at the picture there of about 200 flooded school busses sitting in the bus yard to know that he could  have used them to evacuate about 10,000 people.  Idiot.. .. .. seen him interviewed walking around with dignitaries and going from place to place....stay at the damn comm. center (if there is one) and direct rescue operations for your city.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone else see it?

West coast guys, it should be on right now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:34:10 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread is worthless without pics, can't believe nobody has said that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Isn't this the same mayor who a couple days ago said "There should be a moratorium on Goddamned press conferences!" ?

R
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Campbell Brown pie.
MmMmMmmMmmmGOOD!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
shouldn't he be hiding from the cia right now

ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#14]
He is no different than many of the people in New Orleans.....he's still waiting for his handout from the Federal Government!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Isn't this the same mayor who a couple days ago said "There should be a moratorium on Goddamned press conferences!" ?

R

+1 No more face time for him. Put a moratorium on that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He is no different than many of the people in New Orleans.....he's still waiting for his handout from the Federal Government!!

Agreed..+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They do panic when they lose the grip on the Federal teat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#18]
If he and the gov thinks the Federal government needs to do everything for him, then we should just Federalize the whole area and put a military governor in charge.

We did that once, you know.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#19]
listen to the kimmer in atlanta on 640 wgst 3-6 pm........impersonator calls in as Chief ma-moose....its funny as all get out
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Give the Mayor a bucket and tell him to bail his sorry assed city out or grow gills.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#21]
People revert to what they come from in crisis.  I imagine he was raised in a culture that sucks the gubmint teat.  When disaster struck, he laid down and waited for the gubmint teat.

I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
8:14am Eastern.

She HAMMERED HIM HARD. He was squirming and trying to deflect all the blame to the state and federal gov'ts and she kept coming back to him:

"Mr. Mayor, isn't this YOUR city...?"

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

This dickhead sounds like the General Manager at my plant. EVERYTHING wrong there is someone ELSES fault!

ASSHOLE!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
shouldn't he be hiding from the cia right now

One of the most INANE things I have EVER heard a politician utter. What a fucking loon.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Campbell Brown was a naughty girl.

She needs a spanking.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Campbell Brown was a naughty girl.

She needs a spanking.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#26]
The future "former" Mayor of NO is not a poster boy for brilliance....

myit
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Campbell Brown pie.
MmMmMmmMmmmGOOD!

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Video????????????
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Not to take away from the mayor's and the people of No/Miss. but what was shown on tv tells me that a lot of people want the Gov or anybody to take "TOTAL CARE" of them.

clips that I have seen of people saying "there dead people there and there and everywhere".
Organize and get some people to move them

"The toilets don't work, we don't even have a pot to piss in"
Get a couple of buckets and have somebody empty them out

I guess if you have always had somebody hold your hand the one time nobody is hold it you become helpless.

shooting at rescuers and helicopters. wtf I would leave you to your own vices also.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You're just a racist. You are. Face it . Own up Guz!

Just kidding! Don't get upset with me. I saw on FOX today that someone is claiming the slow response to the storm is NO is a direct result of racial injustice. Give me a freaking break!

I agree with you 100%. From before the storm hit I've marveled at this inept clueless wonder.

Big +1.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Video????????????

Here you go. (You need Internet Explorer).

She should have pushed harder, imo
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Video????????????

Here you go. (You need Internet Explorer).

She should have pushed harder, imo

Media player did not turn it up for me, and I did not think to check MSN.

Interview was not that harsh she threw neccessary questions as soft as possible.  Too bad I like seeing politicians squirm.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Come on, go easy on the Mayor.  He's gone a week now without a fix or incoming bribe money.  No ho, either.  The people of NO have exactly the mayor they deserve.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you!  I've been waiting for someone to hold this clown accountable...even if it's just a news crew.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Campbell Brown was a naughty girl. She needs a spanking.

Is this her? If yes, she could be very very naughty!

Man, she really got on him, she's feisty... Yes....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#36]
She smacks him down good!

He had a nice clean t-shirt on too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#37]
He was standing totally exposed and blaming others for his own actions.

Which was predictable.

Here in Florida you did'nt see Miami's Mayor whining (Andrew), you did'nt see Pensacola's Mayor whining (Ivan), you did'nt see our Governor collapse in tears on national t.v., nope they got to work and re-built.

You are just witnessing the ongoing crying ,while the NOLA people switch in between Government tits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top