Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 11:37:07 PM EDT
I'm listening to one of the scanners in LA, and it got me to thinking: I'd like to do the same thing once in a while. Now and then, there's something that I'd like to stream - CB radio, local 2M stuff, etc.

What might I need to pull this off? I've never really looked into it. I've got a Linux box on a DS3, if that helps. Can I send a feed to my server and subsequently stream it from there? Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats pretty crazy. I knew there would be looting and trouble with  no law enfocement but didnt think we would need soliders to come in. NO was so unprepared for this. But the same would happen in any other major city. It would be 10 time worse in NYC or LA.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]

I know a gal who likes to play "DJ" online with ShoutCast..  

I figure it must be pretty simple as she aint at ALL computer savvy...

If you can get the 'line in' feed from the radio to the computer, it'd probably not be too hard from there..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top