Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 9:10:46 PM EDT
Short of tearing the wall down, are there any ways to get what I think is a squirrel out from inside my neighbors second-story wall? You can hear it running around inside the walls.

We're hoping it doesnt die and start stinking her place up, or chew a bunch of wires.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
ask sgtar15?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
In my experience...... invest in earplugs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Try blowing cigar smoke in the wall but make sure the critter has a way to get out, or put out a have a heart trap with some really good treats in where you think it can get out then leave the area and let the critter calm down and come out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
definitely tempt out with food.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to a hunting/fishing supply and buy a bottle of Fox urine. Spray it into the wall somehow (take off the covers to a light switch maybe). Squirrels are terrified of a Fox's scent and will flee.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you remove a squirrel from inside of a wall? Easy put a cat in there....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably a rat.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
*mandatory*

draw down on it!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy or borrow small hav-a-heart trap.

Find wall it likes to run around in that is not in an area where people normally go.

Punch hole in wall and bait trap and attach trap to wall with duct tape.

If still concerned about a squirrel pushing the trap away from wall, use something to hold it in place or whatever.

Eventually you should have a squirrel in a cage and your problem will be how to get squirrel out of cage.

Since walls are easy to repair this is my method.  Never used it on a squirrel but it should work acceptably.

I have also used a hole in a wall in a room I rarely used and just left my cat in that room.  Cat gets fed and problem never comes back.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ask sgtar15?

Umm.... he can't ?  *snickers*  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
tannerite

or

a little pellet pistol it will go though the drywall and not out the other side.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Find the opening.  If it is close to where the noise is coming from shoot a can of expanding foam into the hole. If not, make a small easy to patch hole near the sound and shoot the wall full of foam.  The foam will surround the varmint and seal it, smell and all, in the wall for good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Get a female squirrel in heat! He'll be out of there in no time!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Nuke it from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Get some ferret hair and scatter it in the area.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We're hoping it doesnt die and start stinking her place up, or chew a bunch of wires.

How about chew some wires and then die.  Thats what the one my brother had at his old place did.

If I remember correctly he (the squirrel) started stinking about 2 or 3 days after he quit making noise, and he (the squirrel) stunk for about a week.

Never heard of the fox piss thing,  but If'n I was you I'd try it.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#17]
If you take this advice don't forget to invest in some gas masks....

Quoted:
Go to a hunting/fishing supply and buy a bottle of Fox urine. Spray it into the wall somehow (take off the covers to a light switch maybe). Squirrels are terrified of a Fox's scent and will flee.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I believe Rodent could be tempted with a cold beer, but I don't know about the thing in your wall.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I believe Rodent could be tempted with a cold beer, but I don't know about the thing in your wall.

Yes Indeed!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Short of tearing the wall down, are there any ways to get what I think is a squirrel out from inside my neighbors second-story wall? You can hear it running around inside the walls.

Suggestions?

Seeing as how you're in central OR it's probably a packrat. Which means it is/has been already chewing wires. Better get it out quick. I'll watch the Bulletin over the next few days for the action report.

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#21]
One thing is the house is less than a year old and I don't know where the varmit could have entered.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Two words: Glory Hole

(May not get rid of the rat, but it will make for a great video.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top