Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2001 6:16:36 PM EDT
I am getting married soon and need some advice........she is a wonderful girl, school teacher, Master's Degree, 4.0 GPA..........one problem though, I do not have enough vault space.  Should I buy another vault or make her get rid of her guns, there is not enough space in mine for her guns and mine, besides I have  at least one of every gun she has.  Any advice?
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am getting married soon and need some advice........she is a wonderful girl, school teacher, Master's Degree, 4.0 GPA..........one problem though, I do not have enough vault space.  Should I buy another vault or make her get rid of her guns, there is not enough space in mine for her guns and mine, besides I have  at least one of every gun she has.  Any advice?
View Quote

There's a wedding gift waiting to happen! F*ck toaster ovens and that usual crap - have your friends and family buy you a new, bigger vault!!!
Congrats by the way.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Oh yeah... an engagement pistol/rifle.  Hehehe.

On the problem at hand... I'd reccomend getting another vault.  It wouldn't be a very good symbol for her to have to get rid of her guns.  It'd be as bad as you getting rid of yours. (*gasp*)

If guns HAVE to be gotten rid of, I'd reccomend each of you give up a few, after talking it out.  Oh yeah, and if they need a new home I'm sure you could send them my way. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
His and Her gun safes. Register at Fort Knox or Browning.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]
This is ridiculous, a new vault is way to expensive, especially when your financing a wedding.  What you need to do is get rid of her guns (since they are the problem), and since I'm such a sucker for hard luck cases I might just help you out by taking those guns for you.  There problem solved.  [:D]

(wishful thinking)
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
JUST SAY NO
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Just pile them somewhere. I have my 12 Gauge beside my bed. Put some in a closet or under your bed. For gods sake, don't get rid of good guns. Perosnally, I would build a new vault. It wouldn't be fireproof, etc., but it would be much cheaper. You can take steel beams and assemble them, cover it with plywood. Then Build a door and stick on the new vault. I'm building a new bed with a gun safe in the headboard, for easy access. I also have placed several trapdoors where I can store guns and ammo. If you build a cabinet or chest, place a trap door towards the rear so you can store guns behind the drawers and away from prying eyes. A trapdoor can be palced under a matress to allow stowage and a good hiding place just in case. If you have a basement, build a trapdoor below your matress, then place another under the bed to allow esacpe to the basement.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Make sure you get the guns you want before you get hitched or you might never get them.never let her put her foot down on you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the advice guys....

Big_Bear....I am sorry she does not have a sister, only a brother.

skullworks....Actually we talked about asking for a vault as a family wedding present.

SteyrAUG......Rebecca loved your response.

ar15robert.....To be honest, she just bought a new Honda CRV and traded her car for guns so I don't think I am going to be on restriction from buying any new toys, although buying his and hers of everything might get a little expensive.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

SteyrAUG......Rebecca loved your response.

View Quote

Rebecca sounds cool. Good luck on the marriage but something tells me you won't have any problems. I just got married last month, but mine didn't come with any guns. In fact, part of the reason we got married is so I could get one of my MP5s back in the safe. She kinda aquired it last year after taking a liking to it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]
His and Hers vaults....
Just make sure you get even space. Unlike the closet!

Lew
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 1:31:06 AM EDT
[#14]
An gun family Brady Bunch! Let her keep em. Finding a woman who is a gun lover is as hard as it can be. Took me all my life to finally fine a woman who is intersted in my hobby, and job.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Good Luck! Sounds like you are one lucky guy finding someone who shares the same hobbies as you do. Just make room.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Get another gun safe.  Talk with your friends and family to contribute to a special fund for your safe, instead of toasters and towels etc.  Did you guys live together? If so, you probably have those things already.  Make sure you give her flowers on her birthday.  I can see already you folks are on to a long and happy marriage.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't waste your money on an expensive wedding! If you love each other, fly here to Nevada, get hitched for $100, have your honeymoon while your at it, and use the $$$ you would have wasted on cake, flowers, dresses, invitations, a DJ, photographer, and GOD knows what else to get stuff for your life together.
 My wife and I decided eloping was the best choice for us, as it allowed us to get into our first home! Good luck and congratulations to both of you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I always thought marrage ment the beaver grows fangs and the fighting starts.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#19]
My first advise would be not to get married, but then i read you are marrying a woman with her own guns!!  Go ahead and marry her, uh, actually don't marry her send her to Georgia and I'll marry her!! haha

Seriuosly it sounds like:

a. You have a good woman, hold onto her.

b. Go get another vault, I doubt you will have any arguments!

Congrats!!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#20]
You bastard![;D] All engaged gunowners should have such problems!

Sell your safe and get a bigger one. Good luck with the wedding and the marriage.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Bec picked out her ring last night......

HighlandMac....We are both in Georgia

[img]http://photos.onebigvillage.com/pubimage.asp?id_=4549[/img]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Your wife is a real cutie.  Your're on to a new step in your life.  May you have a long and happy marriage.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey she's Gorgeous and loves guns? Does she have any female relatives who live in Ga that are around 20 years old?
-Chuck
Need to find a gorgeous wife who loves guns for me as well

OH YEAH MAKE THE DARN ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you'll get more of this [sex]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Just build a walk in valut room. A 12x12 area should give you enough room to grow into!

Best wishes to you and your soon to be bride.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#25]
We all should have your problems, lucky Bastard
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#26]
As if I don't have enough storage problems....soon to be father-in-law gives soon to be bride a NIB Remington Youth Model 20 gauge 870 Express this weekend to shoot tactical matches with....this gun thing is going to be a problem.  By the way, any of you guys know anything about what is out there concerning extended mag tubes and what not for a 20 gauge?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow a real cutie!  Does she have an pro-gun girlfriends in the PRK?

Never sell, just hide the lesser used guns until another safe can be found.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top