Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2005 7:25:19 PM EDT
Just announced on WAFB Channel 9 news out of Baton Rouge. FEMA has contracted with Carnival Cruise Lines for three 8000 passenger cruise ships. They said one will be docked in Galveston and one in Mobile. They didn't state where the third will be.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
And I bet the people will bitch that the rooms are too small and the all you can eat buffets don't have enough food selections.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Who wants to bet that these ships will need to be refurbised when FEMA is done using them?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The newscasters did state that the ships will probably need some renovations after the relief effort.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Drop them off at Jamica!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
They'll be looted and resemble garbage scows when it's all over.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Who wants to bet that these ships will need to be refurbised when FEMA is done using them?

One word:  scrap.

Two of the three are older boats.  This is the last cruise for them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Those ships are fragile inside.

This is a bad move.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Good idea - keep them contained.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Time to short Carnival stock. When they get 'em back, they'll look like the Superdome.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Yesterday we just got off a Carnival cruise and the ship is beautiful. We were able to sleep 5 in one of their rooms and we were VERY comfortable.

These people are gonna live in the lap of luxury for a while... I wonder if Carnival is gonna offer the same ammenities as we got? If they clear out the dining rooms and add cots and beds... they will be able to sleep something like 4000 on board.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, it's needed housing.

Good luck to all involved.

GM
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Yesterday we just got off a Carnival cruise and the ship is beautiful. We were able to sleep 5 in one of their rooms and we were VERY comfortable.

These people are gonna live in the lap of luxury for a while... I wonder if Carnival is gonna offer the same ammenities as we got? If they clear out the dining rooms and add cots and beds... they will be able to sleep something like 4000 on board.

Strip it and outfit it like a WW II troop ship.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Exactly.  They will end up just like the trailers / mobile homes that FEMA provided for Ivan victims....so damn trashed they couldn't give the damn things away.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#14]
MOTORHOMES would be a great solution too
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Agree.  They can tow them out to sea and sink them when FEMA is done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#17]
...and let me be the first to say that the Jesse Jackson section 8 support group will use the term:

SLAVERY SHIPS

...more than 1,000 times in a 72 hour period.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I hope you are wrong... I mean if someone gave me free housing you bet your ass I would respect it as if it were my own home...  well temporarily, but it is STILL my home.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#19]
The ships being used are:

The Holiday
Maiden Voyage 1985
Tonnage 46052 tons
Length 727 feet
Beam 92 feet
Draft 26 feet
Speed 21 knots
Registration Country Panama

Passenger Capacity (dbl) 1452
Space Ratio/Passenger 31.72 ft/pass
Normal Crew Size 660
Crew Nationality International
Nationality of Officers Italian
Nationality of Dining Staff International

The Ecstasy
Maiden Voyage 1991
Tonnage 70367 tons
Length 855 feet
Beam 103 feet
Draft 26 feet
Speed 21 knots
Registration Country Liberia

Passenger Capacity (dbl) 2040
Space Ratio/Passenger 34.49 ft/pass
Normal Crew Size 920

The Sensation
Maiden Voyage 1993
Tonnage 70367 tons
Length 855 feet
Beam 103 feet
Draft 26 feet
Speed 21 knots
Registration Country Panama

Passenger Capacity (dbl) 2040
Space Ratio/Passenger 34.49 ft/pass
Normal Crew Size 920
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you are wrong... I mean if someone gave me free housing you bet your ass I would respect it as if it were my own home...  well temporarily, but it is STILL my home.

Frige...you have the correct thought process in place.

The evacuees/refugees/victims/whatever have that entitlement attitude that is engrained into them since birth. A majority of them will be unsatisfied and will demand more. They might not burn it down,
but will trash it.
  I see claims of "segregation" and "slavery ships" in the near future.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Those ships don't seem to be that old.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Drop them off at Jamica!

WTF is wrong with some of you people?!

THESE ARE AMERICANS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHO HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!  THESE AREN'T CRIMINALS OR LEPERS!  THEY ARE AMERICANS!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Why dont they put all these evacuees on all the god-damn military bases BRAC is closing!?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

<joke>Can we sink them when they reach deep water beyond the 12 mile mark?</joke>
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Why dont they put all these evacuees on all the god-damn military bases BRAC is closing!?

It's BUSH'S FAULT!

It's BUSH'S FAULT!

It's BUSH'S FAULT!

It's BUSH'S FAULT!

It's BUSH'S FAULT!

It's BUSH'S FAULT!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Drop them off at Jamica!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THESE ARE AMERICANS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHO HAVE LOST EVERYTHING! THESE AREN'T CRIMINALS OR LEPERS! THEY ARE AMERICANS

Hey, I could have suggested Detroit!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#27]
What about all the concentration camps that FEMA built?  We can put them there!  YEA!  We can even build them working replica gas showers and a huge cremetorium!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#28]
One thing is for sure: You can bet Lloyds is no longer the insurer...

"Burn, baby, burn!"
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Drop them off at Jamica!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THESE ARE AMERICANS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHO HAVE LOST EVERYTHING! THESE AREN'T CRIMINALS OR LEPERS! THEY ARE AMERICANS

Nothing wrong with Detroit.  Your state can have em.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drop them off at Jamica!

Nothing wrong with Detroit. Your state can have em.

We are getting them.
www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm5892_20050903.htm

I bet they would like Jamica better.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drop them off at Jamica!

We are getting them.

Did your mom and dad teach you to be a racist or did the KKK?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Drop them off at Jamica!

We are getting them.

Did your mom and dad teach you to be a racist or did the KKK?

Back to the DU for you  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Back to the DU for you  

What's DU, Uncle Tom?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Back to the DU for you  

What's DU, Uncle Tom?

Dumbasses Unlimited!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Drop them off at Jamica!

THESE ARE AMERICANS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHO HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!  THESE AREN'T CRIMINALS OR LEPERS!  THEY ARE AMERICANS!

What I think is that most of us are tired of the people that are whinning and bitching even as people are trying to help them.  I can comfortably say even the most poor of our members would have hoofed it out with 3 days warning.  

So its not racism or prejudice, its frustration at looking at people who will not heed warnings and those that will not help themselves.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Back to the DU for you

What's DU, Uncle Tom?

Typical liberal way of attacking someone.  Just Call them a racist, and throw in the KKK for good measure.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I wont take that bet with YOUR money! LOL
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Its Carnivals way of totally getting the boats refit at someone elses expense.  Also in the world of cruise ships those are pretty old and are smaller then the more recent monster boats.

But it wont be long before the toilets will overflow and rapes and murders occur on board.  Too many places to hide and do bad things.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Just announced on WAFB Channel 9 news out of Baton Rouge. FEMA has contracted with Carnival Cruise Lines for three 8000 passenger cruise ships. They said one will be docked in Galveston and one in Mobile. They didn't state where the third will be.

Oh, that's just fucking peachy. Right next door. That should help my case load.

We have to let them live like the Queesn and Kings they think they are to keep them from looting and rioting I guess...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Its Carnivals way of totally getting the boats refit at someone elses expense.  Also in the world of cruise ships those are pretty old and are smaller then the more recent monster boats.

But it wont be long before the toilets will overflow and rapes and murders occur on board.  Too many places to hide and do bad things.

No kidding! I would'nt want to go below decks. It'll be just like the projects in any large city. I feel for the local LEO's wherever thy dock these ships.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The newscasters did state that the ships will probably need some renovations after the relief effort.

If the "Chronics" from NOLA move in they will need to sell them for scrap
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree.  They can tow them out to sea and sink them when FEMA is done.

I suppose that somewhere, someone on DU is spreading the rumor they wont even wait until they are empty to sink them
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Load them with "The Chronics" And sail them to the Bermuda Triangle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
They'll be looted and resemble garbage scows when it's all over.

What this guy said.

Take a look at government housing projects. Doesn't take long for brand new ones to look like dumps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
What about all the concentration camps that FEMA built?  We can put them there!  YEA!  We can even build them working replica gas showers and a huge cremetorium!

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Ahhhhh....  Who told Schmeg about the FEMA Camps and the showers?  I thought everyone was going to keep it a secret!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

all of the way back to Africa
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What about all the concentration camps that FEMA built? We can put them there! YEA! We can even build them working replica gas showers and a huge cremetorium!

+1

Ahhhhh.... Who told Schmeg about the FEMA Camps and the showers? I thought everyone was going to keep it a secret!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

more like burned down to the waterline and sold for scrap!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top