Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 4:46:59 PM EDT
Reference: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=383700 thread that got me to sign up here.

I really want to do work. I need the money. I was raised with a work ethic. I have enough skills, and I lived without running water, shitting in a hole, and sleeping under a tarp in rural NY for a few months. I'm strong. I'm sure this would be a cakewalk with me. I'm a good communicator, and I love working as part of a team. I've got experience dealing with a few downed trees, and building wreckage.

I do not sleep well without working hard.

The cash I could make from this would augment my tech startup and make my life better. I'd be able to take care of my mom's dental problems.

If ANYONE is going into one of the gulf states to do work, and knows how to connect me with this, I would be very grateful. I'm in Eastern Tennessee, my transport is currently screwed. I have gear. I have a budget to get my own supplies. I can either ride with someone and take a lot of gear, or take a bus to the closest terminal with a couple suitcases.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
No input?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I too would like to do the same, but as you, I need more info. Don't want to leave the family for too long without money coming in ya know!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Blackie: I also live in E. TN, wife is pregenant or I would take you. My suggestion is contact a city official, Fire Dept, EMS, Police. explain your dire want to help. Might be able to hitch a ride with one of those teams. Some of the tree trimming guys in J.C. T.N. are going in two week intervals.
Hope this helps and wish I could join you. Make sure you have all your shots before you go.

Just called a TVA bud: He said Red Cross, But this would be voulantary (no pay).
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Blackie: I also live in E. TN, wife is pregenant or I would take you. My suggestion is contact a city official, Fire Dept, EMS, Police. explain your dire want to help. Might be able to hitch a ride with one of those teams. Some of the tree trimming guys in J.C. T.N. are going in two week intervals.
Hope this helps and wish I could join you. Make sure you have all your shots before you go.

Just called a TVA bud: He said Red Cross, But this would be voulantary (no pay).

I've been thinking of going as a volunteer for a week commitment and then at the end of that going with the first work crew that looks squared away. Thanks for calling your friend!

The devastation is just blowing me away at this point.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Anytime
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top