Posted: 9/3/2005 4:40:33 PM EDT
Within legal limits, Let them do their job
Which is Control the City
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Within legal limits, Let them do their job
Which is Control the City

The job of all snipers worldwide is to "Control the City"?

Oh, covert snipers. I understand now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What organization(s) are they affiliated with, or are they contractors working for some business or other?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What organization(s) are they affiliated with, or are they contractors working for some business or other?

There aren't any there, he is proposing the idea for these "covert snipers"...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Watching MSNBC, did'nt say. Can't get scanner to work at home.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
That's really brainy. "Covert" sniper fires, LE responds to shots fired. 1 of 2 things happen, LE shoots "sniper" or vice versa.
Keep up the show of force.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's really brainy. "Covert" sniper fires, LE responds to shots fired. 1 of 2 things happen, LE shoots "sniper" or vice versa.
Keep up the show of force.

Yep.  All the good guys need to be aware of each other in this type of situation.  There is a concept known as "friendly fire", after all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
It would take all of 30 min for the locals to know there were active teams there. Even if the local LE weren't as crooked as some claim, someone would blab it to the newsies.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Covert, or clandestine?  Or do you really know the difference in the two terms?  While you're looking them up, look up the color of the boathouse at Hereford.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Covert, or clandestine?  Or do you really know the difference in the two terms?  While you're looking them up, look up the color of the boathouse at Hereford.

What is the color of the boathouse at Hereford?

How should I know?

Have you ever killed anyone?

I hurt someone's feelings once....

Good movie.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Are you going to ambush this poor guy with a cup of coffee?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  I don't drink coffee.  But, I did feel the reference to the movie was apt given the silly nature of the idea.  I couldn't remember the exact lines regarding the ambush technique the wannabe SAS guy proposed so I kept it simple.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
He proposed to units, shooting from opposite sides of a road, at each other.

Hereford is/was and RAF facility north of London, if memory serves. So unless they have a river nearby, there is no boathouse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  I don't drink coffee.  But, I did feel the reference to the movie was apt given the silly nature of the idea.  I couldn't remember the exact lines regarding the ambush technique the wannabe SAS guy proposed so I kept it simple.

Reading this post did bring back memories of the wannabe with his cross-fire diagram.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading this post did bring back memories of the wannabe with his cross-fire diagram.

See!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, if the kill zone was at a lower elevation than where the shooters were to be located - say the kill zone were in an alley and the shooters were on the roofs of adjacent buildings, it would not be that bad of a plan at all - fish in a barrel.  If the shooters were directly across from each other, different story of course.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hereford is/was and RAF facility north of London, if memory serves. So unless they have a river nearby, there is no boathouse.

They would still have a "boathouse" where RIBs, other boats, motors, etc. are stored and maintained.  It wouldn't have to be on the water for that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#17]
zipper, enjoy this gas shortage cause school starts back as sooon as they fill your short yellow bus up.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
HA!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey look at me !!!! I found the Internet !!!! Look at me !!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]
That sniper from blackwater the najaf clip. Wish he was in NO it would be getting done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
zipper, enjoy this gas shortage cause school starts back as sooon as they fill your short yellow bus up.  

How did you know I drive a short bus??????????
It's yellow to
Nissan X-terra

You CIA or sumthin???
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

SAS
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Not to be outkast but does SAS mean Sorry A** Shot???

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Not to be outkast but does SAS mean Sorry A** Shot???

Boy, you DO ride the shortbus.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How should I know?

Good movie.

What movie are you guys referring to?

I probably should know, and I am normally great at movie lines, but this one
has me stumped.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How should I know?

Good movie.

has me stumped.

Ronin
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't know what the definition means, But I am aware of them,
Just a little slow have'nt made it to full retard yet
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#28]
They are similiar to our SEALS, if that gives you some idea of their shooting ability.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I painted the boathouse
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#30]
10-4 , You can take your finger OFF the trigger now.

(PLEASE)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I painted the boathouse

Is it cider colored?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How should I know?

Good movie.

has me stumped.

Ronin.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I painted the boathouse

Is it cider colored?

I could tell you. . . . .
But then I'd have to kill you
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It would take all of 30 min for the locals to know there were active teams there. Even if the local LE weren't as crookedAffirmative Action Trophies as some claim, someone would blab it to the newsies.

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
10-4 , You can take your finger OFF the trigger now.

(PLEASE)

Give me fifty cents, and I shall do so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top