Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 4:00:18 PM EDT
Watching the CNN Presents overview on Katrina...

They blow past the looting with two sentences and no mention of the armed thugs hindering the relief efforts.

We will never know the extent of the lawlessness and violence that took place in NO at the hands of these subhumans.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive learned more from listening to the radio feed than I did from the news
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
are you surprised?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh *WE* (as in people that know how to use the Internet to gather information) will know.

It's the sheeple that will be bamboozled by the MSM into forgetting the whole thing ever happened.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not so much of a 'whitewash' as a 'blame shift' -

Looters aren't responsible for their actions.
The New Orleans city goverment isn't responsible for its (in)actions.
The Louisiana state government isn't responsible for its (in)actions.
So, who does that leave?

BTW, I just wittnessed Senator Mary L. Landrieu (D - LA) squeeze out some faux tears for George Stephenopolis and an ABC News TV camera while touring a disaster area in a helicopter - It was the most disgusting,  unconvincing example of a politician pandering to his/her constituients I have ever seen...She definitely needs to take acting lessons.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

[julia roberts] You are BLAMESHIFFTING!!!

heh!  

Hmmm... that's ok... they can spin all they want.  We know the truth.  It was the Hip Urbanites™ that did the bad things.  And next time, it will be the evil white devil slave master's putting .223 holes in their collective welfare collecting asses.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
A similar news blackout happened after Hurricane Andrew.  The Miami Herald was full of gritty stories about looters and gangs starting on Day +2, but within a week the reporters suddenly found other aspects of the relief and recovery effort to cover.  Meanwhile, the National Guard was still running down looters after dark, and citizens in isolated areas were on their own.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Just like the aftermath of the earthquakes in CA... I talked to a resident when I worked tech support, and he said that there was a ton of looting by Hip Urbanites™... it just didn't make the news.

Same thing after the South Central riots - the pic of the Korean shopowners (Armed with TEC-9's) whose store stayed undamaged (and open for business, as a matter of fact) was a great recruiting poster for the gun culture...

Try and find the pic nowdays. It's been purged from the MSM's memory...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I've read more real accounts of the lawlesness in NO over the web from people posting in the thick of it.

Our press coverage is pretty high on this at the moment but the real ugly truth is not there for all to see.

"rose coloured/colored() specs" anyone

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[julia roberts] You are BLAMESHIFFTING!!!

heh!  

Hmmm... that's ok... they can spin all they want.  We know the truth.  It was the Hip Urbanites™ that did the bad things.  And next time, it will be the evil white devil slave master's putting .223 holes in their collective welfare collecting undocumented shoppers asses.  

fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Back peddling by the .governess & (soon to be former) mayor on "Now is not the time to focus blame, we must continue to rescue people"

Funny how all that has changed since the facts are comming to bear that the Feds asked/pleaded/begged the .governess to order a manditory evacuation AND had assests IN POSITION to help before Katrina made landfall.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Back peddling by the .governess & (soon to be former) mayor on "Now is not the time to focus blame, we must continue to rescue people"

Funny how all that has changed since the facts are comming to bear that the Feds asked/pleaded/begged the .governess to order a manditory evacuation AND had assests IN POSITION to help before Katrina made landfall.

+1
She sucks.  What total lack of planning.  Those people elected her to do the right thing and she failed.  But she did miss a beat to attack the President for the lack of his actions.  What a crock.  She needs to own up for her own failures not blameshift to cover her ass.

Max
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Mary Landrieu & Kathleen Blanco are not paid to break down and cry when the going get's tough. They are paid to lead their state out this crisis, and they had to have a real MAN come and pickup the pieces. Up until this point in their poitical careers, probably the toughest thing they had to do was to bash Bush and put the gun manufacturers out of business for illegal marketing of guns. These two people are giving all women a bad rap. I bet my wife could do better than they.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#13]
And your somehow suprised???????????
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I think they are trying to shift the focus because people are not wanting to donate time and money to the relief efforts when all they see is that shit.  

They need to fucking report what goes on, not what they think will illicit the desired response.  That's the fucking duesche bag media for you.

I don't think we will ever know the full extent of what has taken place down there.  All I know is that I now have yet another reason to get more beans and bullets.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree with you guys about the city and state government being totaly unprepared, but I hear a lot of talk about all of the people should have left, they knew a cat 5 hurricane was coming.

I say there is no way all of them could have left if they wanted to. If they all had cars with a full gas tank and a pocket full of money there is no way the highways could have handled all that traffic. So far it has taken almost a week with national help to bring enough buses and helicopters to get them out and it is going to take another couple of days yet.

I don't know much about the topography of N.O. but it appears to me that most of the people we have seen so far are the poor "mostly black" people who lived in the low lying areas of the city. I think in the next few days we will see tens of thousands of the wealthy "mostly white" people come out of their hiding places in the office buildings hotels and condo's.

Again I say it would take a week minimum to totaly evacuate a city the size of N.O. Most of last week the weather people were saying that Katrina was going to hit Florida. It wasn't until toward the end of the week it became aparent that NOLA was the target, leaving them too little time to get out if they wanted to.

I know most of you think it is dumb not to evacuate when told to do so. I have lived in Florida all of my life and been through a few hurricanes myself "three last summer". I would not evacuate no mater how bad the weather people said the storm was going to be. These storms usually pass within a few hours and if you leave the local officials, who seem to overreact to everything, will not let you return for days, leaving all of your belongings to looters. If you want to protect your stuff you gotta stay!

I must admit that the looting seems to be worse in N.O. but we always have looters after storms here too. I am not defending looters only saying I don't think it is unique to N.O.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top