Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 3:45:26 PM EDT
So, the dishwasher quit washing. It runs, but it has no water. Been workin for 3 years no problems then bam, out of the blue no water in the machine. Any ideas? Dont think it would be the valve or hose kink as it was workin last week.
Tried to take it out but the thing is attached to the hoses and I cant figure out how to get the hoses off as I cant pull it out far enough. I really really dont want to have to take the countertop off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Give her a slap on the ass and tell her to get back to work!!!...................sorry had to say it!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for a float switch, it looks like an upside down cup.  If it's full of gunk it won't float correctly and may restrict the water.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Pay the water bill?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
double tap....sorry...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy a new one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Look for a float switch, it looks like an upside down cup.  If it's full of gunk it won't float correctly and may restrict the water.

The one thats actually inside the machine itself? (Where the dishes go)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you know how to use a multimeter? You could always see if the water valve is working. It looks like a little white or blue barrel (IIRC). Sounds like it might be that. Very easy to change.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#8]
You've never seen "Don't tell mom the babysitter's dead!" have you???

PULL!!!

"The dishes are DONE man!"  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Give her a slap on the ass and tell her to get back to work!!!...................sorry had to say it!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, the float switch is inside where the dishes go.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Check the water valve first, remove the lower panel(s) and it's usually on the left up front.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Try this.  It always works.    

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is a site I have used to troubleshoot appliances as well as get parts.  I have linked you to the section you need....I think anyways.
www.partselect.com/dishwasher+dishwasher-wont-fill+repair.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top