Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2005 2:28:00 PM EDT
about five minutes ago two guys, claiming to be with the "Church of Jesus Christ" came knocking at my door. I didn't really give them much time to talk, telling them that I had already been to church today. I was a little nervous and didn't have a firearm within reach.

They looked really shady though. And I live in an apt building, so I'm not sure how they got in. I had a really funny feeling about these two.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
the obligatory...

Draw down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the obligatory...

Draw down.

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You're not being paranoid if they are out to get you.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the obligatory...

Draw down.

lol, with my 12 guage?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
about five minutes ago two guys, claiming to be with the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (?)" came knocking at my door.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
about five minutes ago two guys, claiming to be with the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (?)" came knocking at my door.

No wonder.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I see you have been  hammer forging that sheet of aluminum foil while it's on your head.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it these guys? If so, you're an Alien!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#10]
pretty much looked like them. one white guy and one black guy
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I was being sarcastic.

And I was being facetious
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL, I know but others may not.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
You failed.

Always come to the door naked and
sweaty when the JWs and mormons
show up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Always show up at the door with a bottle of booze in your hand and a gun stuck in the waistband of your briefs, which are the only things you're wearing besides a surly expression.

It drives away Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. ATF, on the other hand, might get a little excited.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You failed.

show up.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! My Uncle did that!! As God as my witness!! They just smiled, turn around and said they'd come back later..they left.

I guess being NAKED runs in the family.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Always show up at the door with a bottle of booze in your hand and a gun stuck in the waistband of your briefs, which are the only things you're wearing besides a surly expression.

It drives away Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. ATF, on the other hand, might get a little excited.

LOL   Great advice!!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#17]
My preferred method:  naked, covered in vaseline, wearing only an LBE, and hand them a tube of KY Jelly.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You failed.

show up.

i try to come to the door naked with a stick of butter and a lolly pop.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They looked really shady though. And I live in an apt building, so I'm not sure how they got in. I had a really funny feeling about these two.

That's a knock and grab! They are looking for a woman or a stupid guy who will open the door so that they can take a quick peek at anything worth stealing. Can they see anything valuable from where they were standing? If so, watch your place for the next few days. If they didn't think you would go easily, they might try when you aren't in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a knock and grab! They are looking for a woman or a stupid guy who will open the door so that they can take a quick peek at anything worth stealing. Can they see anything valuable from where they were standing? If so, watch your place for the next few days. If they didn't think you would go easily, they might try when you aren't in.

This is why we keep everything worth stealing out of sight from the door and turn off all the lights backlighting us when we answer the door at night. They can't see what might be tempting to them and it lets us get a better look at them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#22]
describe how they looked "shady". Most mormons are like 20 ish, whereas most JWs will have an older person and a younger person. Preferably one minority and one not.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My preferred method:  naked, covered in vaseline, wearing only an LBE, and hand them a tube of KY Jelly.

.......that visual is pretty nasty.........................the question is .........Why did you answer the door without a gun in hand??......................I need some JD to wash out that visual
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.......that visual is pretty nasty..........I need some JD to wash out that visual

I'm not nasty!   I'm so goodlooking, I could be Squatdog's twin brother
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
pretty much looked like them. one white guy and one black guy

Nevermind. It wasn't LDS then.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
describe how they looked "shady". Most mormons are like 20 ish, whereas most JWs will have an older person and a younger person. Preferably one minority and one not.

Ya. A clean shaven 20 year old with neatly trimed hair dressed in a suit doesnt seem shady to me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

all this stuff requires way to much prep time - instead, just have a chainsaw that has the chain removed beside the door - crank it up before opening.  Go all the way outside because the misses will complain about fumes later if you dont.  they should just run.  the good part is that they will tell the others and you won't have any more problems for a while
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You failed.

show up.

paint your body blue, put on a leather mask and nothing else, dress up your pet goat in a tutu, put the goat in a leather boundage harness.. if you have a small monkee mount it on the goat. opent he door and immediately invite them down to the cellar to meet the gimp...

film this.. sell it to some reality show.. you will make millions...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Dress up like this "fellow" and answer the door.

Or maybe this....

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Guy, as a previous multiple robbery recipient I take stuff like this very seriously. I would talk to your neighbors( even thought that is an unusual thing to do these days) and see if anyone else dealt with them right away. I would also inform you property manager, and try and figure out how they got in. Chances are, someone held the door for them trying to be polite. If you see them again call the police. You were probably getting cased. Keep your firearms locked up for the next couple weeks when you are not home, and out of sight if at all possible.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Did one of them look like this?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#32]
  =  

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#33]
When they knock on my door I quietly stare at them through the peephole and wait until they start to to walk away. Then I softly knock on the door and they turn around with quizzical looks on their faces and walk back to the door and knock again.......and I repeat the process. My record is 6 times for the cycle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You're not being paranoid if they are out to get you.

Man, you are my new hero. That's fricking hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I agree, thats the best......
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#36]

That'll keep them away!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
nobilis.average-bear.com/img/knocker.jpg

That'll keep them away!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
the obligatory...

Draw down.

+500
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You failed.

show up.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! My Uncle did that!! As God as my witness!! They just smiled, turn around and said they'd come back later..they left.

I guess being NAKED runs in the family.

You're uncle didn't happen to go to college in central Nebr. during the early 80's did he?

I have a friend, about 6' and 650 pounds, who opened the door to his trailerhouse straight out of the shower, dripping wet but wearing a towel. Filled the door, literally! Staring down to them on the ground  (no porch, only steps) "You guys want hurt, don't you?"

They never again knocked on his door.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They could only see the bed in my bedroom from that angle. If I am home and someone trys to get in they aint leaving
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

The black guy was just smiling a lot, but the white guy he was with was wearing a $400 pair of CK glasses. He didn't seem to try to convince me that I should join there club when I told him I wasn't interested. The black dud didn't talk at all. I didn't hear them ring any other door bells.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
When they knock on my door I quietly stare at them through the peephole and wait until they start to to walk away. Then I softly knock on the door and they turn around with quizzical looks on their faces and walk back to the door and knock again.......and I repeat the process. My record is 6 times for the cycle.

I AM SOOOOOO DOING THIS SOMETIME!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean someone isn't following you either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
the obligatory...

Draw down.

Agreed!

Some of those door-to-door religious solicitors can be downright ornery, aggressive and won't take no for an answer.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#45]
The first thing that tips you off on whether or not they're with th CoJCLDS is if they're wearing suits.  Most that I've seen do.

I had a co-worker (in Pass Christian, MS unfortunately) that met them in the front yard.  He told them he worshiped Satan and was going to hell and they were coming with him.  Scared them so bad they dropped their stuff and hauled ass to the end of the street.  BTW, he lives on a dead end street and they went the wrong way.  He brought their stuff to them with the best crazy person look he could do and gave it back to them.  They never came back to his street and no one else did either.  He's an ex Marine, about 6'5" and could quite probably bench press a Buick.  We'd get his help for all the jobs that 3 people couldn't do.

Make them think you're crazy and they'll leave you alone in the future.  It sounds like your guys were there to do something else though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#46]
If they are dressed in black and white, they are probably Mormons.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#47]
What no red gag ball?  Strap that fucker on, with the obligitory bottle of booze and a holstered sidearm and hand them a note telling them you are busy right now...  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You failed.

show up.

And then reach to grab one of them by the hand and say " I ordered some one taller, but you will do."

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Why would you open the door to talk to someone you don't know, or aren't expecting?

And beacause people are being silly.....two words.......land shark
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top