Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 1:39:34 PM EDT
My wife is an ER nurse and she just told me about three different fatal shootings that have taken place in PG County Maryland today over gas. The lines at the pumps are very long there and even getting long here in West Virginia. I guess she was in MD earlier today and saw a fight break out at the pump. I can't find a link to verify her story, but she has hands on proof. She spoke with the cops and treated the gunshots, even though they were mostly DOA. Good thing concealed carry is illegal in MD unless you are one of the wealthy elite. I can sleep soundly knowing that my wife is perfectly safe because guns are  illegal to carry in MD. I hate that state more all the time.
Starting to wonder how bad this will get when gas is 5 bucks a gallon(close to that now), and all the poor people can no longer afford to drive. Is there an end in sight?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm with the fire department and we are just waiting for people to start torching their SUV's
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You hate it? I have to live in it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
it begins...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My wife is an ER nurse and she just told me about three different fatal shootings that have taken place in PG County Maryland today over gas. The lines at the pumps are very long there and even getting long here in West Virginia. I guess she was in MD earlier today and saw a fight break out at the pump. I can't find a link to verify her story, but she has hands on proof. She spoke with the cops and treated the gunshots, even though they were mostly DOA. Good thing concealed carry is illegal in MD unless you are one of the wealthy elite. I can sleep soundly knowing that my wife is perfectly safe because guns are  illegal to carry in MD. I hate that state more all the time.
Starting to wonder how bad this will get when gas is 5 bucks a gallon(close to that now), and all the poor people can no longer afford to drive. Is there an end in sight?

So much for all that guncontrol

Play it safe guys.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Won't they let you leave?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

thats why i moved 12 years ago
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#7]
PG Co is a shithole,  sorry to anyone here who lives there, but it is.  Oh yeah, our restrictive gun laws really work!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Won't they let you leave?

That's a damn good point...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Are there a lot of welfare cases in MD?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a good thing Maryland has all that gun control to prevent things like this from happening
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#13]
My brother just moved back to WV from the Peoples Republic of Maryland.

As a welcoming gesture for getting out of the gun-grabbing state I gave him a brand new SA XD-40. We also went out and shot all of my evil assault rifles. We even broke out the Barrett M-99. A good time was had by all!

As far as this thread, PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID! DAMN! There is only a VERY VERY minute TEMPORARY shortage of gas and they are freaking out. STUPID,STUPID,STUPID!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1

We can't carry here. But we can have a rifle in the car unloaded (trunk gun) which is what I do.  Its better then nothing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
it begins...

Please, try to be more melodramatic in your future posts...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#16]
In NY you just call the police and they come and save you. You cant walk around with a gun anyway and in NYC you need a permit to even buy a rifle so its just so safe here.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it begins...

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#18]
... Oh the drama, three people were shot a week ago in public altercations - it just wasn't news then

... WTF is that chicken little image when you need one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#19]
PG County is tied for Marylands shit hole with Baltimore.  I'm not surprised.

There is also a lot of spill over into the bordering counties.

What part of PG County did this happen, was it close to DC?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#20]
For those not in the know, PG county in MD has the highest auto theft rate of any county in the country. Crime is through the roof. The vast majority of the residents are poor black Libtards. They are constantly fighting guns. Not the people that use the guns, just the machines themselves. THe police are corrupt, and criminals roll right in and out of the revolving door prison system. PG is a real crap hole. Anyway, I'm starting to wonder what kind of scope and breadth the reaction to the gas shortage is going take. Comparing the situation to the 70's and the shortage then is kind of hard because America has changed so much. It's hard to imagine what to expect. Any theories out there?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I wouldn't be surprised if three people hadn't been killed in Baltimore, just last night (or any night). As often as not it doesn't even make the news.  PG County is a shithole though.

+1 on getting out - I did it in 1987!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
... Oh the drama, three people were shot a week ago in public altercations - it just wasn't news then

... WTF is that chicken little image when you need one?

You make a good point, and that was my initial reaction as well. The thing that bothers me when I think about this is that they all happened today at the gas station. There is a LOT of violent crime in PG county, nothing unuasual there, but the motive here is different. Maybe I am over reacting. I'm not trying to, I was mostly just reporting what I just heard because the news hasn't reported it as far as I know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
For those not in the know, PG county in MD has the highest auto theft rate of any county in the country. Crime is through the roof. The vast majority of the residents are poor black Libtards. They are constantly fighting guns. Not the people that use the guns, just the machines themselves. THe police are corrupt, and criminals roll right in and out of the revolving door prison system. PG is a real crap hole. Anyway, I'm starting to wonder what kind of scope and breadth the reaction to the gas shortage is going take. Comparing the situation to the 70's and the shortage then is kind of hard because America has changed so much. It's hard to imagine what to expect. Any theories out there?

Worst case - depression because of rising prices due to gas costs of trucking goods , rioting, etc.  Colonial Pipeline is working but not at full capacity, resulting in a 25 million barrel shortfall.  We use around 9 million barrels of gasoline a day, we have approximately 20 days worth (190 million barrels) in inventory.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/01/business/01cnd-oil.html?ei=5065&en=e90f3404d436c5cc&ex=1126238400&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

Best Case - all of this is just a speed bump that will clear up in 3-4 weeks.

Who knows?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1, I've lived in MD my entire life, and it's a liberal shithole.  I want out of here.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Are there a lot of welfare cases in MD?

Oh hell yes.  I live in Howard County, which is supposedly the "rich" county, and we've got them all around us.  Not as bad as PG, but we've definitely got that element around us.  If they build a city full of criminals and you don't come, why then, the city of criminals will come to you
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Hi fellow Wv'ers. that story is insane people should be saving there bullets for the looters.
shhh it's not time yet. and it only makes me think that if sheeple are being shot now than another $.50 might be riots and they wasted there ammo at the pump I went to wally world yesterday for ammo stockpile and they were all out of wwb .223 I ended up with 7.62 anyway. ahhh diversity is good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

We can't carry here. But we can have a rifle in the car unloaded (trunk gun) which is what I do.  Its better then nothing.

Do you mean better than nothing because you can use an unloaded  rifle as a  club?

Roy
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Do you mean better than nothing because you can use an unloaded  rifle as a  club?

Roy

That's the best we can do, that, or be really high-speed about loading
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#29]
At least they have gas to wait for!!!

Any truckers want to drive a tanker to my house??
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
it begins...

Someone's gotta be the drama queen, right?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

PG=Prince George County
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I noticed when I went back to work Thursday night that we had a shitload of trouble as well, just no shootings. We had more than a few arguments and a couple of fights over gas or peoples reactions to it.

On my way to work, I personally witnessed a soccer mom minivan whip in front of a truck in gas line, and the lady nearly got snatched out through the window. The look on her face said she would probably think before doing that again. Ordinarily I might have said something to the guy, but she deserved the hell out of what she got.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Do you mean better than nothing because you can use an unloaded rifle as a club?

I carry two full mags with me, there just none in the case with the rifle.
And no I don't have the rifle in my car all the time. It runs over $250 to just file for a CCW and 99.9% of the time they will trun you down and keep the money. If you are lucky to get one you can only carry on your job (only way they will give you one).
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#34]
No, not a murder in Prince Georges County.  Isn't that the murder capital of Maryland?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm from Harford County, but I'm in PA for school.
My mom just came up for dinner - she said that one of the stations was actually out of gas yesterday.
Did anyone else experience this?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#36]
So far seen two that are out. They are small stations, Lowest Price in frederick, Fuel Worx in walkersville.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I noticed when I went back to work Thursday night that we had a shitload of trouble as well, just no shootings. We had more than a few arguments and a couple of fights over gas or peoples reactions to it.

On my way to work, I personally witnessed a soccer mom minivan whip in front of a truck in gas line, and the lady nearly got snatched out through the window. The look on her face said she would probably think before doing that again. Ordinarily I might have said something to the guy, but she deserved the hell out of what she got.

It seems to be similar to the shortage of the 70's, except on steroids, due to the increased population, increased dependance on Gov. entitlements...so on so forth. The situation seems much more volatile. Anyone here that can compare the two from experience? I've only read about it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems to be similar to the shortage of the 70's, except on steroids, due to the increased population, increased dependance on Gov. entitlements...so on so forth. The situation seems much more volatile. Anyone here that can compare the two from experience? I've only read about it.

In the 70's, the ended up with some sort of rationing policy in various places.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I live about an hour south of PG county and try to avoid driving through at all. If I had to live or work there, I would probably carry even though it is illegal. The criminals carry and the police can't stop them, so why should'nt I? PG county is also carjack central, so take your pitbull along if you visit or pass through this fine place. Most of the crime takes place along the DC/PG border. From what I understand, police won't pusue when the thugs cross into DC unless the crime is very severe, like drive by, bank robbery, etc.
Yup, gun control works in MD!          
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I live about an hour south of PG county and try to avoid driving through at all. If I had to live or work there, I would probably carry even though it is illegal. The criminals carry and the police can't stop them, so why should'nt I? PG county is also carjack central, so take your pitbull along if you visit or pass through this fine place. Most of the crime takes place along the DC/PG border. From what I understand, police won't pusue when the thugs cross into DC unless the crime is very severe, like drive by, bank robbery, etc.
Yup, gun control works in MD!          

I'm south of it to0 (St Mary's Co),but don't worry-they're working their way here.Charles Co is rapidly filling up with ex-PGers.And Southern PG, (Baden) until recently,one of the nicest,most rural places around,is all being cut up into 3- 5 acre lots with prices STARTING at $550K! Istill duck,deer,and turkey hunt a good bit in Baden, on friends' farms,but it's changing fast.
Wondering where these folks moving to these places get the money?
I also blame the #$%@ tobacco buyout.Get paid to not grow for 10 years,while promising to keep land in ag.When the 10 is up,sell to developers.And the first takers will be hitting 10 years soon,so look for more development.Even if the folks moving out of PG want to better themselves,their more affluent/spoiled kids,atill emulate the gangbanger lifestyle.Had to run to Waldorf today.All I saw was DC tags.St Marys been getting that way too.
I've still got it good here.Shoot and hunt at home.No problem neighbors.But not for long.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#41]
This is just another reason not to go to Maryland. I mean, my God, The DeGroen's Brewery closed a few months back, if the Brewer's Art goes next and I can't get my Resurrection Ale then the entire state can fall into the harbor and I'll shed no tears.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
PG County is tied for Marylands shit hole with Baltimore.  I'm not surprised.

There is also a lot of spill over into the bordering counties.

What part of PG County did this happen, was it close to DC?

Thanks for telling me that I live in a shit hole here in PG. Most of the crime happens in the urban areas of PG and not in the rural areas. You can guess where most of the crime happens at. There is crime in my "district" (police) but comapred to other parts of PG, it does not compare. You can tell where the "no go" areas are. Anyway,  the only time I hear gunfire around where I live is when somebody is hunting out in the woods behind my house.

Originally Posted By 2IDdoc

First, vast majority of the residents are not poor black Libtards but more middle class-ish black "democrats=right" people. 12.4% of PG residents are considered to be below the poverty line (Census 2000) and the average median household income, using Census 2000 numbers, is $55,256. Also, the median family income is $62,467. My ex-criminal justice professor would probably bitch slap you for calling him corrupt.

PG is considered to be the most "affluent" majority black county in the nation.... h=85%

Originally Posted By Dave15
.Even if the folks moving out of PG want to better themselves,their more affluent/spoiled kids,atill emulate the gangbanger lifestyle.Had to run to Waldorf today.

People move from D.C.  to PG and PG folk move from PG to other countries. Yeah, I hear you, I have been going to Waldorf with my folk for shopping and etc. for more than a decade and you can see things are changing. Traffic was not has bad going down there at certain times compared to now.

I usually lurk but this thread drew me out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#43]
When i saw the thread title, I immediately said "PG county"

Everytime you hear of some cop shooting the wrong guy, some guy killing someone over a slurpee, etc, it's 9 out of 10 times in PG county.

It's a running joke down here in Virginia.

People's Republic of Maryland sucks.
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - 3 Fatally Shot over Gas in MD
Page General » General Discussion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top