Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 1:31:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks Legit ..

Rev. Jackson Makes Second Rescue Mission into New Orleans

Rainbow PUSH Coalition Leader to Hold 11: 30 a.m.
Press Conference in Chicago on Saturday to Discuss His Findings
CHICAGO – (SEPT. 2, 2005) – One day after rescuing about 450 students stranded in dorms and on thoroughfares in New Orleans, Rev. Jesse Jackson returned to the predominantly black city with more buses to transport some of the hungry and desperate citizens who remained in the city five days after it was devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

“President Bush has come very late with very little,” said Rev. Jackson, describing the dire scene in New Orleans as looking like “the hull of a slave ship.” “I’m leaving once again from the City of New Orleans and there still is no plan to rescue, nor is there a plan to relocate them. The president has not put together a federal program or a coordinated effort to address this massive crisis. Mr. Bush came today and did what can be described as a ceremonial tour of the area. He would not touch the ground in New Orleans where suffering black people are dying”

Rev. Jackson said many of the people stranded in New Orleans are not being left in the dire conditions because there are no buses to transport them, but because the drivers do not know where to transport the people. As his buses departed from the city, he observed at least 150 parked buses with no passengers on them.

“The good news is that we finally got to some of them,” said Rev. Jackson, who led 10 busloads of people out of the city, where they had no water or food and where their homes and belongings where destroyed by water. “The bad news is there are others who wanted to leave so badly that they formed a human chain around the buses. It was so painful to leave them there.”

-more-

New Orleans/Page 2

Rev. Jackson believes his buses left some 300,000 people in New Orleans, and he fears more people will die from starvation and dehydration than from the floods. Most of those left behind, he said, are black and poor.

Rev. Jackson said the Bush Administration has to be held accountable for not protecting the citizens of New Orleans.

“We knew as of last Friday that the violent storm was on the way and that the levees in city could only handle a level three hurricane,” said Rev. Jackson, noting that Katrina hit just weeks after President Bush cut nearly half (more than $71 million) of the budget of the New Orleans Corps of Engineers, the body responsible for protecting the city from floods. This is also the same administration, Rev. Jackson said, that reduced the budget for port security. “Monies for levees were shifted to Iraq and left New Orleans vulnerable,” he said.

Rev. Jackson, who responded immediately to the crisis after returning from a trip in Venezuela, said he was able to secure the buses through a coordinated effort with Louisiana State Senator Cleo Fields, who serves as the general counsel for the Rainbow PUSH Coalition.

Rev. Jackson said his next move would be to continue to get people out of the danger zone. He will also continue to urge the government to speed up its rescue efforts.

“America can do better than this,” he said. “There should be a massive air rescue effort. Several hundred busses should be dispatched to the city. We need our churches to house the people. We can also use our military bases to house people.”

Rev. Jackson will hold a press conference on Saturday, Sept. 3, at 11:30 a.m. (CST), at the Rainbow PUSH Coalition in Chicago to provide an update on his trip, his plans to return to New Orleans, and his recent trip to Venezuela.

The Rainbow/PUSH Coalition is a progressive organization, which seeks to protect, defend and gain civil rights, even the economic and educational playing fields in all aspects of American life and bring peace to the world. The organization is headquartered at 930 E. 50th St. in Chicago. For more information about the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, please visit the organization’s website, www.rainbowpush.org, or telephone (773) 373-3366. To interview Rev. Jackson about this topic, or to secure pictures from his trip, please call the numbers listed above.

###
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
"Looking like the hull of a slave ship"
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
How come we don't see Nagin's nor Blanco's names on the Blame List.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
“President Bush has come very late with very little,” said Rev. Jackson,

Yeah those 50,000 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, not to mention all the FEMA teams volunteer police, utilities crews are very little.

He rescued what 450 people? That was about an hour of operations for the military.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Who Rescued jesse jackson?!?!  I got a .45 round with their name on it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I wonder who made it that way.

Oh yeah, his peeps...

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Who Rescued jesse jackson?!?!  I got a .45 round with their name on it!

You got one for Jesse Jackson?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah those 50,000 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, not to mention all the FEMA teams volunteer police, utilities crews are very little.  He rescued what 450 people? That was about an hour of operations for the military.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Da Reverend Jesse is a leftist, so why are you busting numbers on him? Remember, it's the thought that counts for the leftists, instead of results.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe we'll get lucky and one of those who have devolved to their tribal roots will shoot down his fucking helicopter and put him out of our misery once and for all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#10]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#11]
He cracks me up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Jessee Jesse Jackson could'nt rescue his own ass out of a brown paper BAG
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I must say, the man actually did something worht while istead of just flapping his gums....

he still a POS in my book.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesse Jackson is one of maybe, MAYBE, five people on this planet whose death I will CELEBRATE openly.

The man is the worst scumbag walking the planet because he enslaves his own people while making them think he is their only saviour. IMO, he's worse than Saddam or Jong Il or any of the rest, because at least they make no qualms about what they are.

Jackson is worse than any plantation owner ever was. At least the poor slaves could look forward to the day when they were free. Now that they ARE free, this asshole strips them of the dignity freedom brings to those who are willing to exercise it.

I have no words to express the utter contempt I hold him in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Rev. Jackson, who responded immediately to the crisis after returning from a trip in Venezuela, said he was able to secure the buses through a coordinated effort with Louisiana State Senator Cleo Fields, who serves as the general counsel for the Rainbow PUSH Coalition.

Read this as part of the problem and not part of the solution.  Two self serving individuals tying up resources.  The second a third rate lawyer and professional politician (when he can win an election, and he tries to get in almost every election).
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I was more worried when Fats Domino was missing. But he was found, thank God. Jesse still hasn't recovered from his public infidelity. He's even more shameless than usual in his quest for the public eye.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet he didn't take any of the "whities" back...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#18]
At least he is doing something about it, unlike the vast majority of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
At least he is doing something about it, unlike the vast majority of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Do I sence some feelings in this satement???

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Jesse Jackson is one of maybe, MAYBE, five people on this planet whose death I will CELEBRATE openly.

The man is the worst scumbag walking the planet because he enslaves his own people while making them think he is their only saviour. IMO, he's worse than Saddam or Jong Il or any of the rest, because at least they make no qualms about what they are.

Jackson is worse than any plantation owner ever was. At least the poor slaves could look forward to the day when they were free. Now that they ARE free, this asshole strips them of the dignity freedom brings to those who are willing to exercise it.

Don't hold back, buddy. Tell us how you really feel.

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Can anyone confirm this ?  The Rainbow Coalition BS at its Best ????????www.rainbowpush.org/FMPro?-db=RPOfrontpage.fp5&-format=rainbowpush/frontpage/results.htm&-lay=front&constant=1&-find

What the hell are you doin' readin' this shit in the first place?  

Bad Hun...... no cookie.

Shit!  Now this puke is in My Active Topics.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I bet he didn't take any of the "whities" back...

What does that even matter?  Remember......... he *can't* be racist.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Maybe we'll get lucky and one of those who have devolved to their tribal roots will shoot down his fucking helicopter and put him out of our misery once and for all.

One could only hope..........

Jake.

P.S. Even though they prolly don't deserve it, I will personally feed and clothe that person for a year.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Best post [on the subject of Jackson] ever.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I wonder if that asshole realizes who got there first?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah those 50,000 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, not to mention all the FEMA teams volunteer police, utilities crews are very little.

He rescued what 450 people? That was about an hour of operations for the military.

He would do better trying to convince the people running ape in the streets NOT to shoot at the goddamn military helicopters running rescue ops, or the Soldiers who are moving in to restore order...

Sooner or later, the Army will make it a 2-way fight, and we all know who wins that one...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#27]
What an ASSHAT!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He would do better trying to convince the people running ape in the streets NOT to shoot at the goddamn military helicopters running rescue ops, or the Soldiers who are moving in to restore order...

Sooner or later, the Army will make it a 2-way fight, and we all know who wins that one...

+1.

Still, I think part of this may stem from the MSM doing its all to convince the sheeple that things are going as badly in Iraq as they want them to be.  Are these looting/killing fuckers just hopped up on drugs (or suffering from withdrawals), or do they honestly think they can take 'em?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That was pretty good
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#30]
How come he did not go to talk to the armed, murdering thugs running rampant through NO that impeded rescue efforts?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Maybe he's stopping at a Burger King on the way out and feeding his "refugees" spit burgers!

(an inside joke to all of you who have heard about the Right Reverend Jackson's first and apparently only legitimate job...or at least so he claims)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Ah yes, more on "Da Reverend" Jesse Jackson!

There are some facts about the Jackson case, though, that make it a bit more news worthy than the average extramarital affair:

1. Jackson is a minister. More than a minister, in fact. He is a man who has made it his life's mission to preach morality to the entire nation. To publicly excoriate all those politicians—mostly Republicans—whose behavior he deemed less than admirable. (Anybody who believes it's nothing more than a coincidence that Jackson's secret became public two days before George W.'s inauguration—an inauguration Jackson promised to noisily protest—should visit About's news sites and read all about the dirty world of politics.)

2. Jackson's affair with his paramour was in full bloom at the time he agreed to serve as President Clinton's spiritual adviser during the Monica Lewinsky affair. If his illegitimate daughter is indeed 20 months old as reported, Jackson must have been in the process of getting his lady friend pregnant while holding Hillary's and Chelsea's hands in prayer. < snicker >< snicker >

3. Most of those in the know agree that Rev. Jackson won't suffer any lasting damage from this revelation. Chicago Alderman Ed Smith, for example, called the Jackson revelation proof "that anybody can make a mistake," and added that "a mistake doesn't mean you're out of the ballgame."

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
How come he did not go to talk to the armed, murdering thugs running rampant through NO that impeded rescue efforts?

He doesn't want to look into the eye of the monster he helped create?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can anyone confirm this ?  The Rainbow Coalition BS at its Best ????????www.rainbowpush.org/FMPro?-db=RPOfrontpage.fp5&-format=rainbowpush/frontpage/results.htm&-lay=front&constant=1&-find

Bad Hun...... no cookie.

Sorry I messed up your day Sometimes I like to go behind ENEMY LINES to check out the BS, I have my rubber boots in case it gets DEEP
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad Hun...... no cookie.

Sorry I messed up your day Sometimes I like to go behind ENEMY LINES to check out the BS, I have my rubber boots in case it gets DEEP

Hey, everybody's got a job to do.  I'm just glad mine ain't recon........ I ain't got the stomach for it.

Carry on, soldier.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Looks Legit ..

“We knew as of last Friday that the violent storm was on the way and that the levees in city could only handle a level three hurricane,” said Rev. Jackson, noting that Katrina hit just weeks after President Bush cut nearly half (more than $71 million) of the budget of the New Orleans Corps of Engineers, the body responsible for protecting the city from floods.

###

Just weeks hug, that's plenty of time for the corp to rebuild and secure all of the levies in order to save the city.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks Legit ..

“We knew as of last Friday that the violent storm was on the way and that the levees in city could only handle a level three hurricane,” said Rev. Jackson, noting that Katrina hit just weeks after President Bush cut nearly half (more than $71 million) of the budget of the New Orleans Corps of Engineers, the body responsible for protecting the city from floods.

###

Just weeks hug, that's plenty of time for the corp to rebuild and secure all of the levies in order to save the city.

No, you silly wingnut, but it was enough time for all of the previously perfectly-maintained dams [a Clinton legacy, obviously ] to fall into disrepair.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Jackson is a babbling ass monkey. Hope he gets eaten by a tribe of locals.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top