Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2001 4:37:57 PM EDT
what is a fed ordnance M 14 in excellent cond worth? Parts with matching serial numbers? anything to look for?
SPAS 12 ga. with folder. Worth? Also excellent.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Fed Ord M14's have a self distruct button.
It's called the trigger.
They are known for being unsafe to fire.
[b][size=5]Fed Ord = JUNK[/size=5][/b]

Save your money and get a Springfield Armory.
You won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen SPAS12's running from $850 to $1000+ depending on condition.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Fed Ord is a hit or miss. The receivers are machined from castings( just like Springfield Armory). They came three ways. As a receiver only, receiver with all U.S.G.I. parts(usually used) or as a receiver with Chinese parts. If the deal is good go with the all G.I. parts.  If it gives you problems, it can be made into a good shooter by a pro M-14 mechanic. It really is hard to find the whole truth about commercial M-14 clones. The big manufacturers really put out negative stuff about their competitors. I've heard a lot of bad things about Springfield Armory lately. They are a house hold name but certainly not the end all beat all of M-14 clones.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey I got the answer to all your problems. A friend of mine have been buying lots of cool stuff lately (his father died and left him big money)and he wanted a SPAS 12. Well I was all for this and he got it about a month ago and I was like your a GOD now. Then we shot it. It was no where near as cool as I would have thought it was heavy and a pain in the ass. save you money and buy something else.

Ps: who knows where I can get a semi -auto FNC.

CHEF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top