Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 12:31:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I never had a doubt that once boots started hitting the ground things would turn around.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Hear, Hear!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

When are they going to raise the flag on Mount Suribachi the French Quarter?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope they are treated well and can enjoy helping those here at home rather than abroad.

I think the battle tested troops put the fear of god in the voodoo natives.

THANKS to ALL those who serve
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here, here.

You mean "Hear, Hear!" I think, but +1 anyway.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Put some rails through the city with some twist and turns and make it scary roller coaster ride...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
and to think people thought the savage soldiers would go through and rape and pillage all of the poor new orleanians.

Was there really that much of a doubt that when the army finally got a hand into it and wasn't thrown around like a bunch of idiots by the standing police force that order could be brought back to the anarchy that was spreading.

I wish I was allowed to take part in the clean up but I guess school holdovers take importance over what needs to be done.

lets get a hooah for airborne holdover. 5 weeks in so far maybe they can put us to work on something more important than mowing lawns next week
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Yeah, I know, I always stick up for the AF.
OUTDAMNSTANDING work by all personnel involved, all branches.

The sad part is, Congress will continue to close military medical units, Like Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
The "peacetime" capabilities of military medicine and evac units in times like these is SO worth the budget expenditures!

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Well said and well done.  I guess it is not surprising that people trained to lead are better organized than people elected to lead.  Sometimes.

SRM
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top