Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 10:41:38 AM EDT

My flag flying..

And me!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They have really cleaned that ship up since I was there a few years back.

Did you see the Submarine?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No, we were strapped for time.  

Next trip I plan on getting the flag flown over the Arizona and touring the Bowfin.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, outstanding.
Reminds me of visiting the USS NC, BB-55 in Wilmington.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I was going to say the same thing.  I saw her 2 Novembers ago and she was looking like a POS.  Rust everywhere and her teak was horrible looking.  But she looks great in these PICs. I am glad they are preserving such a great peice of history.

ETA: I just compared my PICs and its definitely a new deck. The gun plugs are also new.   The whole ship looks like it got a once over and a new coat of paint.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
She is looking pretty good.  The decks are shaping up, there were volunteers working on them as we walked about.  Replacing sections and sanding them etc.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Can we send her up the Tigris or Euphrates rivers?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to say the same thing.  I saw her 2 Novembers ago and she was looking like a POS.  Rust everywhere and her teak was horrible looking.  But she looks great in these PICs. I am glad they are preserving such a great peice of history.

ETA: I just compared my PICs and its definitely a new deck. The gun plugs are also new.   The whole ship looks like it got a once over and a new coat of paint.  

I would rather see the Iowa class being a baseline for a new line of modern battlewagons.  Carriers and subs cant do everything.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top