Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 10:02:28 AM EDT
I was working one night with an overlap in shifts with a Corporal who had a reserve with him. We had met up in a parking lot, talking about different things.

Over the radio comes a call of drag racing taking place outside one of the local trailer parks. It involved a pickup and a car. We were about 1/2 mile from the scene. I was first one to hit the road with my Corporal almost right behind me.

As I near the trailer park the pickup goes by me going the opposite way and I see the car heading away from the scene going the other way. I radio back to my Corporal to take the truck and I will go after the car.

I'm closing in on the car, about to activate my overhead lights and the Corporal is calling me. He wants me cease my car stop and come back to the trailer park area. He never called in a vehicle stop. I question him about why I should come back and he just tells me to come back.

I turn around and head back to the trailer park area. As I come around a curve I see the Corporal and Reserve officer standing in the middle of the road. No patrol car. I have to admit I was very confused by the sight.

I pull up to them to ask what's going on and where is their car. It turns out as the Corporal was making his turn around, the car got loose and went down a small ravine next to the road. The car was completely gone.

This is the same Corporal who has wrecked/damaged three other cars. He also has  short man/Napoleon Syndrome. Can't do his paperwork correctly. He's a real ass. Anyway he is freaking out about what to do, he's worried he's going to be fired. I climb down and look at the car. No damage just in a real bad place.

I break out my cell phone (anybody remeber bag phones?). I call the local truck stop who has always been real fast to respond to tow calls. If I had put in the call over the radio it would have been on every scanner in the county bringing further embarrasment to my department.

The tow truck shows up and was able to pull the car out of the ravine in a matter of a few minutes. I offered the driver $50 since the Corporal was broke. The driver refused and said he was glad to help. So everyting is going to be fine.

The next day the Corporal get's the LT to reprimand me for not turning in my vehicle log from the night before. I left it in my clip board. He was such a prick.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you should have asked him where his accident report was from the night before.

+1

Let the tow driver in on the background BS and ask him for a copy of his trip ticket - actual or "reproduced" doesn't matter.

Leave a "purged" copy in his mailbox, with a note about "improving our working relationship being his choice - through increased cooperation, or through the use of the interoffice mail system to a supervisor"  

Fuck that buddy fucker.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you should have asked him where his accident report was from the night before.

+1

Let the tow driver in on the background BS and ask him for a copy of his trip ticket - actual or "reproduced" doesn't matter.

Leave a "purged" copy in his mailbox, with a note about "improving our working relationship being his choice - through increased cooperation, or through the use of the interoffice mail system to a supervisor"  

Fuck that buddy fucker.

Heck he could barely fill out a wreck report. I always had to review his reports because he was such a dumbass even though he technically out ranked me.

The Chief did find out about it later. Nothing ever came of it because there was no damage to the car.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate folks in public safety that are eligible for the Peter Principle...

For the unitiated:

The original principle states that in a hierarchically structured administration, people tend to be promoted up to their "level of incompetence".

The principle is based on the observation that in such an organization new employees typically start in the lower ranks, but when they prove to be competent in the task to which they are assigned, they get promoted to a higher rank.

This process of climbing up the hierarchical ladder can go on indefinitely, until the employee reaches a position where he or she is no longer competent. At that moment the process typically stops, since the established rules of bureacracies make that it is very difficult to "demote" someone to a lower rank, even if that person would be much better fitted and more happy in that lower position.

One of the guys who out sucked scored a bunch of folks on the current LT list is like that. He's had his medic license revoked, and regularly gets off the engine without a pack or tools, despite his history of complaints about "safety violations"

{ETA - and 20+ years on the job}

Well, as Kipling said, "God bless the sergeants"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]
bump
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
All I can say is, "What a bastard."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The next day the Corporal get's the LT to reprimand me for not turning in my vehicle log from the night before. I left it in my clip board. He was such a prick.

Three words - "in car camera"

The good corporal needs to find a new line of work it sounds like.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#12]
He was the only officer at my department if someone told me he had treated them badly, I would believe the complaintaint before him.

I did smear some dog poop on his gear.

He's still there to this day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#13]
hmmm......    crazy glue inside his hat rim, or some form of long term epoxy would be good, thermal bond even........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top