Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 9:26:36 AM EDT
OK i will admit i really dont know as much as i should on this subject, but if someone could edumacate me or at least tell me if i am tracking here.

Ok as i understand it the woman usually has a 28 day cycle, about half way into it like day 14 the egg will drop and be able to be fertilized for a window of about 2 days, problem is sperm can live up there for 5.

Now if a girl is on the pill the egg does not drop at all, until she stops taking the pill after day 21 then she goes to the sugar pill and then she will start her period.

So is my info right on?

next question birth control always offers protection so you can have sex at any time even during the period, and from what i hear during the period is the least likely time they can get pregnant?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Wear a condom, daddy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#2]
egg drop is a soup  

wear a condom
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wear a condom, daddy.

Yep, just dont use the "swiss cheese" variety

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Greg, OK we have to clear some misconceptions.  First the pill works by fooling the body into thinking its basically pregnant.  So you get some of the same side-effects.  The period is only there to have the women think she is having normal cycles. The reason you bleed is that you have a chemical/hormonal withdrawl and that causes you to bleed.  Some of the newer pill forgo the period for 3 months at a time.  Some women will actually only take the active pills and run the packs together.  No periods at all.

Most women will be fertile in the middle of the cycle.  Starting from day 9 of the cycle.  You want to time it so that the sperm will be there waiting when the egg drops.   The egg only lives about 24 hours or so.  The sperm can survive several days.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK i will admit i really dont know as much as i should on this subject, but if someone could edumacate me or at least tell me if i am tracking here.

Ok as i understand it the woman usually has a 28 day cycle, about half way into it like day 14 the egg will drop and be able to be fertilized for a window of about 2 days, problem is sperm can live up there for 5 (more like 3 days).

Now if a girl is on the pill the egg does not drop ovulate at all, and she has her period ie. sloughing off of the walls of the uterus when until she stops taking the pill after day 21 then she goes to the sugar pill and then she will start her period.

So is my info right on?

Yes, that is correct.  I just changed a couple of things.

Quoted:
next question birth control always offers protection so you can have sex at any time even during the period, and from what i hear during the period is the least likely time they can get pregnant?

Yes.  But you have no protection against STD's.  The gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Greg, OK we have to clear some misconceptions.  Etc. . .

I didn't know ARDOC was here to answer, so listen to what he has to say.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#7]
You can get pregnant during a period.  Just because there is blood it doesnt mean there is a menses going on.  Women bleed for many reasons.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The Pill works in 2 basic stages.
1. Prevents the 'egg drop' (thanks DC for backing up the wonton soup image I had!) with hormones
2. in the event the egg does drop, (and it does very often)  it makes the uterus an unfriendly place for the feritilzed egg to attach to the lining of the uterus which the pill's hormones have made too spongy for said attachment. It is this second step that explains why some people opposed to abortion also oppose the BCP.

My advice? Condoms AND a spermicide. That way if the condom fails (and they do...click my bio pic, the oldest is my condom baby )  the little swimmers get caught in the net before they can make caviar...

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ardoc??? Hee hee...you have not read his ah...mistaken identity thread yet then!!! Bwahahahahahahah
Sorry Ardoc...but that's a classic!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Pill works in 2 basic stages.
1. Prevents the 'egg drop' (thanks DC for backing up the wonton soup image I had!) with hormones
2. in the event the egg does drop, (and it does very often)  it makes the uterus an unfriendly place for the feritilzed egg to attach to the lining of the uterus which the pill's hormones have made too spongy for said attachment. It is this second step that explains why some people opposed to abortion also oppose the BCP.

My advice? Condoms AND a spermicide. That way if the condom fails (and they do...click my bio pic, the oldest is my condom baby )  the little swimmers get caught in the net before they can make caviar...

This is basically true.  Because you body thinks its pregnant, no eggs are dropped.  The progesterone component of the pill will make the endometial lining very thin and inhospitable to implantation.  We give exogenous progesterone to women with abnormal bleeding all the time.  After about 15 days of the medication, it sheds the lining and you basically have a chemical D and C.  Its a potent weapon to keep women from getting endometrial cancer.  Especially the overweight ones.  Fat produces estrogen and excess estrogen will make the lining grow and bleeding can result. The hyperplasia of the lining then can turn into a cancer with enought time and stimulation.

The only good thing is that the cancer is usually low grade and well differentiated.  Good survival with the proper treatment.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ardoc??? Hee hee...you have not read his ah...mistaken identity thread yet then!!! Bwahahahahahahah

The shame continues.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#12]
the side efffects of hormonal BC on some women remind me of PMS, except in its permanency.  

Depo and Norplant especially.  This alone is enough reason to stick with the rubbers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Greg, OK we have to clear some misconceptions.  First the pill works by fooling the body into thinking its basically pregnant.  So you get some of the same side-effects.  The period is only there to have the women think she is having normal cycles. The reason you bleed is that you have a chemical/hormonal withdrawl and that causes you to bleed.

Ok first off i might be a little slow, but is the woman actually having a period , whats "think she is having normal cycles mean"

basically what i want to know is can i have sex at all times if she is on birth control?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky?

+1  Sorry ARDOC.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]
no glove no love

Jimmy Hat

wrap that rascal

and with TMI just get some DVD's
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Greg, OK we have to clear some misconceptions.  First the pill works by fooling the body into thinking its basically pregnant.  So you get some of the same side-effects.  The period is only there to have the women think she is having normal cycles. The reason you bleed is that you have a chemical/hormonal withdrawl and that causes you to bleed.

Ok first off i might be a little slow, but is the woman actually having a period , whats "think she is having normal cycles mean"

basically what i want to know is can i have sex at all times if she is on birth control?

YES!

The bleeding she has on BC is not due to her normal hormonal cycle but due to the medicine being taken away when she is on the sugar pills.  So she bleeds and thinks she is having a period but the impetus of the bleeding is different.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Dude, WRAP YOUR JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or better, yet, try abstinence!

I am NOT being facetious!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!

The bleeding she has on BC is not due to her normal hormonal cycle but due to the medicine being taken away when she is on the sugar pills.  So she bleeds and thinks she is having a period but the impetus of the bleeding is different.

Ok so there is no egg there at all, ok now i get.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#20]
You know getting menstrual blood on your junk makes you impotent, dont you?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You know getting menstrual blood on your junk makes you impotent, dont you?

No it hasn'tdoesn't!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

In the 18 years I have been married it has worked every time except when planned; which is why we have four kids, all when we meant to.
But you (she) have/has to remember to take them, and you have to be able to trust her to not lie about it.  It is really easy to be trapped this way, as you have no way of verifying.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the 18 years I have been married it has worked every time except when planned; which is why we have four kids, all when we meant to.
But you (she) have/has to remember to take them, and you have to be able to trust her to not lie about it.  It is really easy to be trapped this way, as you have no way of verifying.

Larry

Yup only she knows for sure.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy shit! All you HSLD tactical operators exchanging info on women's menstrual cycles.
The end times are at hand.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Holy shit! All you HSLD tactical operators exchanging info on women's menstrual cycles.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Holy shit! All you HSLDHDLS tactical operators exchanging info on women's menstrual cycles.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top