Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:23:53 AM EDT
From this report, it sounds like the National D-Day Museum has been looted.

Although this link http://thepresentpast.blogspot.com/ deals primarily with Civil War related museums & sites, read the report from- New Orleans: Confederate Memorial Hall Update."the National D-Day museum directly across the street from the Confederate Museum has been "gutted and trashed by looters."

Sad days for History lovers.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
From this report, it sounds like the National D-Day Museum has been looted.

Although this link http://thepresentpast.blogspot.com/ deals primarily with Civil War related museums & sites, read the report from- New Orleans: Confederate Memorial Hall Update."the National D-Day museum directly across the street from the Confederate Museum has been "gutted and trashed by looters."

Sad days for History lovers.

Damn. I have been to both the D-day museum and the Civil war museum. Both were nice. I hope those animals didnt destroy them to bad.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Does that mean Thompsons, BARs, and Garands are loose on the street??
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#3]
If I had to guess....probably.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#4]
It's clobberin' time!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Most likely. They had a nice selection of period weapons in glass cases. Not sure if they were operational or not.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most likely. They had a nice selection of period weapons in glass cases. Not sure if they were operational or not.

Hopefully they were either VERY good props, or were DEWATTED when put in the museam.

I cant believe these people, just because of a farking hurricane, they think they have the right to raid museams that hold Americas history?!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Doggone it... I hadn't been able to get there when I was in NOLA.

Chalk up one more thing not to put in a city under sea level: Priceless historical artifacts.

On a slightly lighter note... wonder if it was a survival type? A working DUCKW or Higgins Boat would have been very valuable in the aftermath.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopefully they were either VERY good props, or were DEWATTED when put in the museam.

I cant believe these people, just because of a farking hurricane, they think they have the right to raid museams that hold Americas history?!

The weapons can be replaced. As bad as that sounds. It was the memorbila.. Old photos, historical documents and such that are vintage d-day and WW2 that can never be replaced.

Fucking animals have no respect.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#9]
iam a big stephen ambrose fan and that was his baby i belive

i allways wanted to travel there to see it

man this whole thing just sucks..............

for every one
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#10]
While admiring what looked to be an unused Garand under glass in a museum, I was told by the curator that because a weapon is to be placed in a display, they weld the receivers on them to make them inoperable.

These are the people in my opinion that need to be shot on sight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Chalk up one more thing not to put in a city under sea level: Priceless historical artifacts.

On a slightly lighter note... wonder if it was a survival type? A working DUCKW or Higgins Boat would have been very valuable in the aftermath.

The curator at the Museum told me when I was there that the higgins boat was built fully operational. It was described as the last higgins boat ever built. I am sure those animals would have had no idea how to get it running though, much less how to operate it.

Fucking animals.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

w00t! A DUKW would kick-ass in N'awlins right now.

Just on GP I'd choke someone to have a DUKW.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#13]
These were obviously desperate people in search of food and water........

.....at a museum..........  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I know where 2 DUCKs sit,sure would like to have the funds to fix 'em up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t! A DUKW would kick-ass in N'awlins right now.

tanxheaven.com/ljs/dukwljs/06-GMC-DUKW-353,Best.jpg

Just on GP I'd choke someone to have a DUKW.

W00T!  This would kick-ass right now in N'awlins.........
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#18]
damn illiterate immoral animals.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#19]
S*!t! I had always wanted to go there.
I hope that there was not too much damage done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
damn illiterate immoral animals.

I've visited that museum.

I'm going to have to go with you on that one.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

What makes you think they give a fuck about American history? American history to them is nothing but a plow and a whip. They hate the country that guarantees the freedoms they are too stupid to realize they have.

The more I see of their behavior, the more of them I hope die. Yes, I said it. I just hope the death is limited to the guilty.

Fucking savages. If the FF had known about this, they'd have picked their own GD cotton.

Then, of course, thay fall back on their one-trick pony: RACISM! It's all about racism! The looters are innocent! After all, there's SO MUCH that's critical for life in the D-Day museum or the local Best Buy!

Fuck them all. Let them rot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I just can't express my emotions on a keyboard enough...The D-Day Museum was in the back of my mind all week long..I thought about all the duckboats they used for the swamp tours, perfect vehicle for that situation...

My wife and I went there for our honeymoon the weekend of October 1st. We accidentally spent all Saturday looking at the D-Day museum, it was 30 minutes to closing and we had just finished the European campaign side, thinking we would come back to give the Asian campaing the time it deserved...Her paternal grandfather was a supply sergeant in England making moonshine for everybody. Her maternal grandfather was a submariner in the Pacific..
We forgot all about the Confederate museum, we were going to check it out next month for our first anniversary...

Hopefully, the looters left the personal effects alone and concentrated on the non-functional guns..The display cases might have been able to protect the stuff from the flooding..
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What makes you think they give a fuck about American history? American history to them is nothing but a plow and a whip. They hate the country that guarantees the freedoms they are too stupid to realize they have.

The more I see of their behavior, the more of them I hope die. Yes, I said it. I just hope the death is limited to the guilty.

Fucking savages. If the FF had known about this, they'd have picked their own GD cotton.

Then, of course, thay fall back on their one-trick pony: RACISM! It's all about racism! The looters are innocent! After all, there's SO MUCH that's critical for life in the D-Day museum or the local Best Buy!

Y'all got that right
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#27]
The D-Day museum had been in the back of my mind this week also. I didn't get a chance to go there when I was in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl this past January.

Words can't describe the feelings I have towards those savages.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#28]
What really sucks is these scum bag murdering, cop killing, rapist fucking thieves will just walk out when the troops reach their area and play "victim of the storm."

They will give up when they don't outnumber the opposition and will say they just got out. We will give them food and water and bring them to a new city where they will take advantage of the next time they don't get their way or see the opportunity to act like animals.

I'm not a racist but I cant say I'm happy with them at the moment. Messing with the D-Day museum really gets to me.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#29]
 damn savages!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I cant even begain to express my thoughts
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Somebody has a nice huge karma slap coming their way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#32]
CoC prevents me from speaking my mind.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#34]
It would not surprise me, had this happenned in DC, if some of these savages used the Constitution for toilet paper, if they gained access to it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I kind of imagine that the NOPD might have an idea what group is responsible for the ill deeds going on, or I would hope so anyway.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
iam a big stephen ambrose fan and that was his baby i belive

i allways wanted to travel there to see it

man this whole thing just sucks..............

for every one

Yes it was.   Went there a few years back. Alot of great stuff plus an original Higgens boat,a few old WWII harleys and a German motorcycle with so much other irreplacable stuff. I forgot all about it. Such a sad sad day,thats terrible
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just shake my head and think Zaphod you are correct, what a bunch of ignorent savages
Fuck em,let em ROT. Now I got 25,000 in Houston
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
This was just posted by Scott Duff in another forum:

"I just got off the phone with the D-Day Museum east coast rep.

As of Friday, there has been no problem at the museum. One of the maintenance men has been staying at the museum, 24 hours a day, and is still there. A real hero, I'd say! And he is staying on---

The street that passes the entrance to the museum has heavy traffic with police, supplies, soldiers, etc. and they feel their presence adds a measure of security to the museum."

I hope so.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Lookee here, Tyrone, I gots me dis fo shizzle gat...it be a M1 Grand o' some shit....where I put the clip on this bitch...does it shoot 9's?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As of Friday, there has been no problem at the museum. One of the maintenance men has been staying at the museum, 24 hours a day, and is still there. A real hero, I'd say! And he is staying on---

The street that passes the entrance to the museum has heavy traffic with police, supplies, soldiers, etc. and they feel their presence adds a measure of security to the museum."

I hope so.

A big +1

I hope this can be verified.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Lookee here, Tyrone, I gots me dis fo shizzle gat...it be a M1 Grand o' some shit....where I put the clip on this bitch...does it shoot 9's?

Thanks for making me spit sandwich pieces into my keyboard.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Dear Lord, please let this be true!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#45]
The age we live in is so sad, absolutely no respect for anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Hope this is true. I visited the museum, planned on a couple of hours, spent the entire day and planned to go back. Only reason to visit NOLA, they can have the rest of the place. If they so much as damaged one artifact, I hope to God the spirits haunt their ass till death.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#47]
I had an opportunity to visit the D-Day museum and the Confederate museum, which is directly across the street IIRC, barely a week before 9-11. Both were outstanding museums containing numereous priceless artifacts.

Fucking savage animals.

Edit:
Regarding Scott Duff's (M-1 rifle God for those of you who don't know him) comments above, I pray they're true. Too many valuable pieces of American history to be lost to looters there. Seeing the place looted if it did happen would make me physically sick.

I found this  aerial photo HERE. It shows the D-Day Museum (red arrow) and the Confederate Memorial Hall (yellow arrow). No flooding as of 9/2.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#48]
There is no honor left.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
There is no honor left.

Short hiatus.

Glad to see you back and weighing in on important topics of the day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
It would not surprise me, had this happenned in DC, if some of these savages used the Constitution for toilet paper, if they gained access to it.

Huge +1....

If there was a Disaster in Washington DC or any other city and the good citizens left.... the lowest scum of the place would show no respect...  This clealy points tothe fact that Government can not protect citizens and when the Govermnet fails people ned to have th epower to defend society...

Of cource, then the fuckups would shoot the good guys trying to save what could be saved or fix that which was broken....

I hate to say it, but this has been a huge screw up and at election time I predict some major effects...  this needs to get under control and under control NOW...  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top