Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 7:01:35 AM EDT
Choppers airlifting people out of N.O. now.  Taking them to the airport.  It looks like they are moving a lot of people quickly and smoothly.  Using sea stalions, hueys, and shithooks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Iknew when the USN showed up, that the situation would make a big turn around. The ship i was on in the 80's ,was sent to Jamaica when it was flattened by a hurricane. This same situation as in NO but not as many people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Iknew when the USN showed up, that the situation would make a big turn around. The ship i was on in the 80's ,was sent to Jamaica when it was flattened by a hurricane. This same situation as in NO but not as many people.

Yep.

After all, those amphibs are designed to move large numbers of people quickly and take care of large numbers of medical emergencies (I read somewhere that on the Wasp class every bunk is designed to be used as a basic hospital bed).  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like Bush is to blame for this stunning account of competancy and efficiency.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top