Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 6:56:36 AM EDT
I read in a locked post that a member here is sending aid to his personal relatives NOT some faceless organization like the Red Crescent.
Is there some way to organize donations to members there and thier famlies in the disaster area? Ill gladly send a check to them over the red crescent that would only go to the ungratefull.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Red Crescent?

The American Red Cross is a wonderful organization.  Do not confuse them with the International Red Cross/Red Cescent. They aren't the same. The American Red Cross has at times withheld funds from the IRC because of their policies.

American = good
international = bad
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Wasnt it the International Red Cross that charged the WWII GI's for Coffee and Smokes?

If yes, then fuck the IRC, and the ARC can have my money then.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Red Crescent?

The American Red Cross is a wonderful organization.  Do not confuse them with the International Red Cross/Red Cescent. They aren't the same. The American Red Cross has at times withheld funds from the IRC because of their policies.

American = good
international = bad

I would like to disagree 100%.  From personal experience I can tell you that the American Red Cross
is a money wasting organization with very little of the contributions going to help folks.

In 1981 my home was flooded, I was 13 years old.  I will never forget the response of organizations.

As my family was cleaning up our home, the Red Cross came by SELLING sandwiches and blankets
out of their brand new freshly painted truck.  

An hour later the Salvation Army came by GIVING AWAY food and blankets from their beat up
panel wagon.

100% of my money went to Salvation Army from that moment forward.  Red Cross
is an organization that exists more to perpetuate itself than do any real good.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
If you like, you can send 223 and/or 7.62x39 ammo to me and I'll make sure that it is "dispersed" to the people that need it the most
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#5]
The Red Cross fucking Blows!!!! The Salvation Army is the way to go.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#6]
That was something my father said...

The Salvation Army gave him coffee and such while he was in the service (USAAF).

The Red Cross always tried to sell them stuff.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Red Cross bashing? Is this a new arfcom whipping boy? Can someone educate me on the proper way to hate the Red Cross? I'm a little behind on the latest Red Cross bashing rehtoric.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Red Cross fucking Blows!!!! The Salvation Army is the way to go.

Huge +1 same thing my uncle says...when he was in Vietnam, everything he and his buddies had was destroyed in a rocket attack (Bien Hoa is where he was). The Red Cross showed up and handed out underwear, T-shirts, toiletries...then said it would be taken out of their pay!

Fuck the Red Cross...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top