Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 6:44:03 AM EDT
... Can we rename it the CHRISTIAN forum already?

... If you have a Christian-dissenting voice there at all, your post will get modified, deleted or locked. If you post anything Buddhist, Hindu or agnostic related your post gets locked. And although I believe in God, atheists cannot post regardless of how genuine and non-inflammatory their question or view-point

... I have nothing against Christianity (born & raised Catholic) but I'm no longer convinced Jesus is the savior of man

... A moderator in the RELIGION forum even recently admitted, "As long as I run this forum, I get to decide what is OK in here"

... I agree it's not right to go there to taunt the believers or violate the CoC but one should be able to freely post opposing viewpoint without getting their opinion quashed
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
... A moderator in the RELIGION forum even recently admitted, "As long as I run this forum, I get to decide what is OK in here"

isn't that what he's supposed to do?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#2]
i believe you are wrong.  
Christianity is not the only thing discussed in there.

have you looked in the religion forum , or did you just get in trouble for stomping on someones thread ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Let me be a mod in there.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You are spot on, WW.

I think garandman should moderate it... it'd be much more *interesting* that way.  It'd be more like "the Gladiator" forum, though.  

As it is, I couldn't find one thread that wasn't about/for Christians.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:58:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I have stated several times there that I am an atheist and although it is clear I am the minority, I have yet to be locked or banned.

It is important to remember that this is a predominantly Christian right-wing progun site.  Membership is  a priveledge not a right.  If you are disruptive, the mods will do what they are supposed to do - moderate the discussion.

Post in GD that you're a gun hating liberal nazi and see where it gets you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]
It took me all of about ten seconds to find an example of what you are talking about, such as Steyr's locked thread....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=135&t=385500

Disappointing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It took me all of about ten seconds to find an example of what you are talking about, such as Steyr's locked thread....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=135&t=385500

Disappointing.

Yep that is a typical point of view of a moral belief system.  He did not attack nayone just stated his beliefs and his reasoning.  Got squashed.

I have only posted twice in the Christian forum so I don't really care.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I just don't go to that forum AT ALL.

I didn't have to go there to know that is what it would be like, as until this Religion forum came up - that's what GD was starting to look like.

Let them have that forum to be the masters of, it makes 'em feel powerful and omnipotent and is a emergency venting system for those whom plague the General Discussion with zealotry.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Wah.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Hah!  

Come on, take your medicine like a man!  Just because the Mod keeps things on a short leash to maintain order is no reason to make unsubstantiated accusations!!!

The Jewish guys post lots of stuff critical of Christianity.  Others, like TNFrank get their say.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I didn't have to go there to know that is what it would be like, as until this Religion forum came up - that's what GD was starting to look like.

Let them have that forum to be the masters of, it makes 'em feel powerful and omnipotent and is a emergency venting system for those whom plague the General Discussion with zealotry.

Oh, and so close to a perfect insult!!! Pomposity got in the way, eh?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm dissapointed in the way Pastafarians are not taken seriously and discriminated against.

FSM only wants to touch you with his noodly appendage. He was cooked for your sins.

Ramen.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm dissapointed in the way Pastafarians are not taken seriously and discriminated against.

FSM only wants to touch you with his noodly appendage. He was cooked for your sins.

Ramen.

You back to licking toads again?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
... Can we rename it the CHRISTIAN forum already?

... If you have a Christian-dissenting voice there at all, your post will get modified, deleted or locked. If you post anything Buddhist, Hindu or agnostic related your post gets locked. And although I believe in God, atheists cannot post regardless of how genuine and non-inflammatory their question or view-point

... I have nothing against Christianity (born & raised Catholic) but I'm no longer convinced Jesus is the savior of man

... I agree it's not right to go there to taunt the believers or violate the CoC but one should be able to freely post opposing viewpoint without getting their opinion quashed

An opposing view to religion is no religion right? It's a forum about religion go their to discuss religion or simply stay out. Simple.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You are spot on, WW.

I think garandman should moderate it... it'd be much more *interesting* that way.  It'd be more like "the Gladiator" forum, though.  

As it is, I couldn't find one thread that wasn't about/for Christians.

Grandman is awsome.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#18]
We have a "religion" forum???

Cool, can we have a LPIN forum too?? Guys can share "range reports" and reccomendations too!  

"religion forum"  I can just imagine who the players are over there
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ramen.

Oh that shit is priceless...  

"ramen"

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, and so close to a perfect insult!!! Pomposity got in the way, eh?

ISP:  $10/month
ARFCOM membership:  $0/month (cheap bastard)
Sounding like a dumbass while trying to use "whom" correctly: priceless
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top