Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 6:14:13 AM EDT
If terrorists were not decisively engaging us elsewhere, yesterday would have been D-day, H-hour for whatever they could pull off - such as an attack on our power grid, attack on public water, or even an attack on the 20,000 people in the superdome/astrodome.

think about it - if there were any terrorist  organizationlleft  to speak of, NOW would be the time to hit the us....(Yesterday actually) and the terrorists could not pull it off!  This tells me the war in Iraq has served to channelize and concentrate radical enemies of freedom and put them all in one kill box where we can send them to their maker - if this isn't direct proof of how effective the war in Iraq has been, I don't know what is.  

Your thoughts?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
its bound to happen again... not if, but when. They have their own timetable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I suspect that they held off because anything they did would be overshadowed by the NOLA disaster.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#5]
unfortunately for us, they love the anniversary. and Sept. 11 is rolling up very quickly.

ETA: It's wishful thinking that they "can't" pull off an attack on us.

Just my $.02

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I've wondered if some of the firing at relief workers may have been the work of opportunistic terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I raised this question in the SF a few days ago. The consensus was that the terrs have their own schedule and adhere to it strictly... They'd sit back and enjoy the show Katrina caused, but would stick to their plan.

FWIW when I looked at it that way (comparing it to how they stuck to their 9/11/01 plan for example) I agreed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree as a large scale quick reaction unit ALQ is hurting.  

The fear I have is that it will take only one ALQ type with a suitcase nuke to cause the havoc they want.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
i thought about this too, but i think it may have to do with them planning for a 9/11 anniversary attack, and their not wanting to draw attention to themselves early.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Who's to say that they didn't create the huricane? Did you ever think of that?

Bush created the hurricane, not the Islamic Freedom Fighters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top