Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 11:54:24 PM EDT
We went out for a bit just after sunset, and saw the aftermath of an accident that had happened a short time before we got there. It was a car/motorcycle accident, and the biker was dead and covered with a blanket.
 Be careful--Don't let it happen to you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It won't.
Bikes scare the sh!t out of me!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I once saw an accident between a biker(motorcyle rider) and car on the side of the freeway. The biker was covered in a sheet, the feet were pointed one way and the head the other. Most bikers think they are invulnerable against a car, the biker choose wrong.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#3]
That Law of Gross Weight will getcha.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I wont ride a motorcycle, too many idiots out there
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I just went by there on my way home from church, and they left the blanket in the grass right by where it happened.  Nobody's heard of biohazard?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a motorcycle crash one time.

It was under me as I went flying over the back over the car.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#7]
MIssouri has some of the worse drivers in the country. It is the "Show-Me How To Drive" state.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I love riding, but there are some real idiots on the roads, please be careful and always wear a helmet
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
MIssouri has some of the worse drivers in the country. It is the "Show-Me How To Drive" state.

You ever been on Manchester between 270 and Ellisville?  Those people are the worst I've ever seen.  Well, the worst in Missouri anyway. I think Illinois drivers are far worse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I saw a motorcycle crash one time.

It was under me as I went flying over the back over the car.

It went earth, sky, earth, sky, ambulance......
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell, be careful WHATEVER you're doing.

A buddy of mine from work showed-up with me yesterday at 2pm to get a job out that had to be in Seattle by Tuesday (We fab' structural steel) to get loaded on a barge to become Alaska's newest COSTCO and he managed (Trying to hurry) to get himself caught between a wall of 21X73 'beams and a stack of 14X22's (About 12FT long and stacked 20 deep) that slipped out of the "Sling" (He was rushing so he slung the load instead of choking it) and crushed his legs.

He's in ICU right now and is probably going to lose the right leg on top of having a left leg that's fairly well broke all to shit.  5min's before it happened he and I were talking about what our week-ends were going to look like and I don't recall him mentioning spending months or years in rehabilitation anywhere

Be careful fella's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Treadhead,

That is sad.

My dad cut some of his fingers off in a factory accident once.  All it takes is one second of being careless.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#13]
My ex is an Level 1 Trama Center ER RN.  She calls them "donorcylists."
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]
The memorial;

Edit;  I deleted the picture because it has the guy's name, and I just remembered we aren't allowed to do that.

Edit;

fixed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top