BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:33:52 PM EDT
This week's episode: "Our Mrs. Reynolds" -

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
holy cow saffron(christina hendricks) chickysnack is HOT!  I want to be the father of her children.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't watch, but that redhead is a cutie!!

btw, why are future guns SO stupid looking?!?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

that is christina hendricks
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
holy cow saffron(christina hendricks) chickysnack is HOT! I want BulletBait is going to be the father of her children.

Hot enough to fry a steak on her ass
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
holy cow saffron(christina hendricks) chickysnack is HOT!  I want to be the father of her children.

She's got nice hooters but Inara (the other lady in several of those pics) is absolutely incredible.

ETA, Pretty much all the womenfolk in Firefly are hot... I'd love to spend some time with Zoe.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I kinda liked "Vera".
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#7]
read the sig  

|
|
|
|
V
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's got nice hooters but Inara (the other lady in several of those pics) is absolutely incredible.

ETA, Pretty much all the womenfolk in Firefly are hot... I'd love to spend some time with Zoe.

Between Kaylee being a geek goddess (how many "girl next door" types are also a damn fine engineer?) and Inara being just a flat out goddess to die for (totally grounded in the Real World and not some bitch princess) I wouldn't be able to function aboard Serenity to save my life.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
This week's episode: "Jaynestown" -

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Because Jayne's a gear whore.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
read the sig  

|
|
|
|
V

Interesting avatar you've got there, Buckaroo.  What kind of gun is that?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
What kind of turnout do you think the networks would need to see at the box office for "serenity" to have them consider bringing the show back?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#13]
To whoever it was that sent me a copy of Firefly...THANK YOU!!!!

I'm sorry, but the PM's got deleted so I couldn't thank you personally.

Unfortunately, the files on the DVD's are corrupted, and I could only watch about 30 minutes of the pilot episode.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:09:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I sure hope Saffron is in the movie.  I saw her in a few other shows too, freaking gorgeous!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:17:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone know what kind of ratings Firefly is getting on scifi? Hopefully they are on par with BSG or at least SG and SGA.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:29:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Because, sadly, you only get so much money to spend when your show makes it only half a season on broadcast with those FOX fuckers.

See Battlestar Galactica.  The equipment the troops use has changed as they got more $ to play with.  Mal's 'revolver' and Vera (the mag fed tribute to Picatinny) probably would never have changed though as they'd become images of the characters that owned them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
To whoever it was that sent me a copy of Firefly...THANK YOU!!!!

I'm sorry, but the PM's got deleted so I couldn't thank you personally.

Unfortunately, the files on the DVD's are corrupted, and I could only watch about 30 minutes of the pilot episode.

IM's got deleted, huh? Riiiight.

I can resend those if you need me too, it was a rush job, sorry. Did any of the DVD's work? Do you happen to have another DVD player you can try them in?

Oh, yeah, I sent them to you.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

img398.imageshack.us/img398/4974/jayne16fv.jpg

What kind of revolver is this?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Guess I'm more than jsut out of the loop what the heck is firefly??
from the photos its looking like a cross between wild west and starship troopers (the book not the horrible movie)

Sgt Bingham
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Most of the guns in the show are unaltered.  Off the top of my head, I've seen:

ARs
AKs
SA80
long slide Glock
MP5
Skorpion
various revolvers
M60
G36
lever action carbines
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Guess I'm more than jsut out of the loop what the heck is firefly??
from the photos its looking like a cross between wild west and starship troopers (the book not the horrible movie) a sci-fi show about smugglers.

Sgt Bingham

That would be correct.  Basicly man pushes out from Earth (which is now 'The Earth that Was') and colonizes a bunch of solar systems through planetary and moon terraforming.  The outter worlds are the 'frontier' and the inner worlds are the high tech places.  The show follows the small crew of the spaceship Serentiy as they makes their way around smuggling, bushwacking and having pitty on the little folk.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That would be correct.  Basicly man pushes out from Earth (which is now 'The Earth that Was') and colonizes a bunch of solar systems through planetary and moon terraforming.  The outter worlds are the 'frontier' and the inner worlds are the high tech places.  The show follows the small crew of the spaceship Serentiy as they makes their way around smuggling, bushwacking and having pitty on the little folk.

Not to nitpick, but it is not "a bunch of solar systems".  Just one.  One REALLY big system.  You get a hint of what kind of system it is, remember those Blue Sun ads?  A blue sun/star is much larger than our own, and in theory, you get a larger area for habitable worlds.  The "core worlds" are the older, more developed, more highly civilized and technological planets, while all those backwater moons and planets are further out, or less prosperous than others.

I feel like a geek now, but I really the show, and I like this idea a lot more than some rattletrap bucket of a ship going warp 15 to another star system.

I'm glad a lot of you guys like this show, I grew up loving to watch cowboy and sci-fi stuff on tv, and to combine the two, well.... it shouldn't work, but it just fits.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img398.imageshack.us/img398/4974/jayne16fv.jpg

What kind of revolver is this?

It is a modified Lematt(sp?), for the show, it is in the future.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
read the sig  

|
|
|
|
V

Interesting avatar you've got there, Buckaroo.  What kind of gun is that?

We'll try to figure that one out later.  But for now, what was Jayne's gun he was trying give to Mal?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

ARs
AKs
SA80
long slide Glock
MP5
Skorpion
various revolvers
M60
G36
lever action carbines

One of Badger's goons had a MP40 IIRC.
+misc shotguns, I think Jayne's ex partner (Jaynestown ep) had a M12 Winchester sawed off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

ARs
AKs
SA80
long slide Glock
MP5
Skorpion
various revolvers
M60
G36
lever action carbines

Desert Eagle
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to nitpick, but it is not "a bunch of solar systems".  Just one.  One REALLY big system.  You get a hint of what kind of system it is, remember those Blue Sun ads?  A blue sun/star is much larger than our own, and in theory, you get a larger area for habitable worlds.  The "core worlds" are the older, more developed, more highly civilized and technological planets, while all those backwater moons and planets are further out, or less prosperous than others.

I feel like a geek now, but I really the show, and I like this idea a lot more than some rattletrap bucket of a ship going warp 15 to another star system.

I'm glad a lot of you guys like this show, I grew up loving to watch cowboy and sci-fi stuff on tv, and to combine the two, well.... it shouldn't work, but it just fits.

They contradict themselves on this. They say one system, I guess to get around FTL travel. Later in the series they say multiple systems.

Interestingly BSG also contradict themselves. In the pilot they talk about how they haven't used FTL in 20 some years. However, later in the series they talk about the different systems-if you think about it the "map" to earth also contradicts this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
read the sig  

|
|
|
|
V

Yeah,  but what the fuck does that mean?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Between Kaylee being a geek goddess (how many "girl next door" types are also a damn fine engineer?) and Inara being just a flat out goddess to die for (totally grounded in the Real World and not some bitch princess) I wouldn't be able to function aboard Serenity to save my life.

You'd spend all your time in your bunk?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks to ByteTheBullet for informing me and Netflix for hooking me up with Firefly.

Oh Lord, and I'd give that redhead the most blissful 15 seconds of her life if I had the chance.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
They contradict themselves on this. They say one system, I guess to get around FTL travel. Later in the series they say multiple systems.

Interestingly BSG also contradict themselves. In the pilot they talk about how they haven't used FTL in 20 some years. However, later in the series they talk about the different systems-if you think about it the "map" to earth also contradicts this.

Yeah, it's kinda confusing when they refer to it as, "the 'verse".   But it sure beats having them rewire the deflector to the portside phaser bank through the ladies room toilet, etc.

In BSG, I took it to mean it had been a while since Galatica herself had jumped, being an old, clunky, gonna-be-a-museum ship.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
We'll try to figure that one out later.  But for now, what was Jayne's gun he was trying give to Mal?

A Saiga shotgun.

securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2100/2173.htm
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A Saiga shotgun.

securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2100/2173.htm

Thanks, now we can continue with the Heat referances.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARs
AKs
SA80
long slide Glock
MP5
Skorpion
various revolvers
M60
G36
lever action carbines

One of Badger's goons had a MP40 IIRC.
+misc shotguns, I think Jayne's ex partner (Jaynestown ep) had a M12 Winchester sawed off.

Okay, those are the guns seen in the series. What about other ships/craft that have cameos?

Here's a bulk transport from the Star Wars universe. (in the back, on the right)

And here's an SR-71 Blackbird. (on the right)
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I could have swore I saw one of the fighters from Robotech in one of the episodes
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I forgot to get a screen grab of the Mi-24 Hind fuselage that they use as the ambulance ship.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok this sounds like a fun watch, where can I find this?
I'm currently deployed to Kosovo, the PX will almost fit in a shoebox here.
and I know AFN wont be playing it on the 4 TV channels we get here 2 news, 1 movie one generic TV.

Is this a TV serial? A Stand alone movie? or ???

Sgt Bingham
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Ok this sounds like a fun watch, where can I find this?
I'm currently deployed to Kosovo, the PX will almost fit in a shoebox here.
and I know AFN wont be playing it on the 4 TV channels we get here 2 news, 1 movie one generic TV.

Is this a TV serial? A Stand alone movie? or ???

Sgt Bingham

Great show that only lasted one season due to piss-poor handling by Fox. The entire series is available on DVD for about $30. A movie that picks up where the TV show left off is due out in theaters this month.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#40]
I know someone that has seen the finished movie...wait, I am that someone.

I just started the book and it has a lot more background story than the movie does. It is pretty good so far.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:59:31 AM EDT
[#41]
BOOK!?!?
Ok Is that availible on Amazon.com?  I definitly want to read and watch this thing looks like way too much fun.

Sgt Bingham
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:06:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I liked Mal's reaction when Jayne offered to trade Vera for Saffron.

"Da shiong bao ja shing du luh de tze!"

("Explosive diarrhea of an elephant!")
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
BOOK!?!?
Ok Is that availible on Amazon.com?  I definitly want to read and watch this thing looks like way too much fun.

Sgt Bingham

This may work...

Serenity - book

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Tonight's episode: "Out Of Gas" –

(Image hosting courtesy of ImageShack)
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:21:11 AM EDT
[#45]
No pics of Kaylee getting it on?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Tonight's episode: "Ariel" –

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I kinda liked "Vera".

I wanna know what kind of F***ed up ammo Jayne uses that he has to have an atmosphere to shoot Vera!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#48]
That was real mean, to put poor Jayne in the airlock and scare him like that...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I kinda liked "Vera".

I wanna know what kind of F***ed up ammo Jayne uses that he has to have an atmosphere to shoot Vera!

The "shooting from spacesuits is cool" kind.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd spend all your time in your bunk?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top