Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 11:09:23 PM EDT
The ones that Shep Smith keeps talking about?

They have no food or water?  Why arnt the people getting off the bridges to places that they can get help?

Mayor and Gov, get you ass's in gear!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Bridges are dry and the ground ain't.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
High-n-dry, plus the vermin (both kinds) don't like it out in the open as much hiding in the buildings and alleys.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
black hawk helicopters have been airlifting food and water to dry areas where the people are.  I am sure they have dropped some on the bridges too.    
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
black hawk helicopters have been airlifting food and water to dry areas where the people are.  I am sure they have dropped some on the bridges too.    

According to Shep, thay have recived nothing.

This is crazy
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is crazy

if true, most would be dead from dehydration.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is crazy

I'm not sure who I believe anymore. I honestly think the press in the city has lost it. Look in their eyes. They are overwhelmed.

Last night on CNN Aaron Brown was talking to a reporter a the Convention Center. The reporter made it sound like they had not received any food or water. Mr. Brown confronted the reporter by saying we can't get back the last three days, but there was a convoy that was sent to the Convention Center today what did that do. Only then did the reporter admit that everyone there got water and at least one MRE.

In my opinion, you can't trust the reporters, like Smith and Rivera, that are "embedded" with the refugees. They seem to be channeling anger without regard for facts. Like someone else said if they weren't getting supplies why aren't they dead?

I don't honestly believe relief workers are within sight of hundreds of people and just not delivering them supplies. That doesn't wash.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Because there are 10's of thousands of people to take care of. This is not just a couple of hundred people. They can't get to everyone at once. I wonder how many responders there are for the amount of people in trouble there?

People just think you can snap your finger and get 10's of thousands of people food and moved.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 Why arnt the people getting off the bridges to places that they can get help?

'
and just where are these magical places?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Sheppard Smith is a first class ass and seems to have a personal agenda of bashing right now

How the hell is he getting on and off the bridge everyday to broadcast and who the hell is feeding his worthless butt? I am sure he isn't sleeping out there with them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sheppard Smith is a first class ass and seems to have a personal agenda of bashing right now

How the hell is he getting on and off the bridge everyday to broadcast and who the hell is feeding his worthless butt? I am sure he isn't sleeping out there with them.

ehehhe, you'll have egg on your face if it turns out he is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Hey, it is like a war zone there.

Shep is out of ribeyes and beer and down to his last bottle of wine.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#14]
There were the complaints by the occupants in the dome / convention center about no A/C and the smell of urine and feces.

Two comments:

#1 No Power = no Air Conditioning. This isn't a sporting event - this is a "home game" you're lucky to have survived so far.

#2 - When the water level outside is higher than the cleanouts inside, the toilets & urinals won't flush. It's physics. You are now seeing the nasty side of fluid mechanics.

IMHO, many folks who "relieved themselves" where they wished (if they didn't have 55 gallon drums as porta-pots or other a-commode-ations  (sorry) probably had the attitude of "ain't my house" and did what they wanted where they wanted ...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'

Don't know, but if I was honestly "stuck" on a bridge, and no supplies had come to me.  I would go in search of supplies.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He drives out every night to Jefferson Parrish.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'

Don't know, but if I was honestly "stuck" on a bridge, and no supplies had come to me.  I would go in search of supplies.

Not if you were surrounded by 4-8 feet of sewage filled water without a boat… not at least if you have good sense. Any Twinkies you can salvage ain’t going to help you when you are dying from the infection or dysentery you catch in the water.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They have no food or water?  Why arnt the people getting off the bridges to places that they can get help?

Because they're dumb. They're dumb enough to stay while EVERYBODY told them to flee.  It's a Level 5 hurricane hitting a city below sea level. They're dumb enough not to load up on food and water prior to the hurricane. So now they are truly dependent on the welfare of government and the charity of bureaucraps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#20]
The people on the I-10 bridge has been turning over in people everyday. It is not an evacuation point.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'

Not if you were surrounded by 4-8 feet of sewage filled water without a boat… not at least if you have good sense. Any Twinkies you can salvage ain’t going to help you when you are dying from the infection or dysentery you catch in the water.

So certain death from dehydration or a potential to catch something if you go in the water?

If the situation is so dire, I believe you must take appropriate risks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#22]
People who aren't there and who don't know the details of the response plan have no clue. Everything that's being done is done for a reason. Just because the average joe watching something on tv doesn't understand it doesn't mean there's not a very valid reason for doing something.

I had some moron Bush basher on another board asking me why we weren't air-dropping food and supplies to the people and at convention center on the 1st and 2nd days. I had to inform the guy that using all available air assets to help yank the 7,000 people they pulled out of the water was the more urgent priority. You can live without a full stomach for quite a number of days. But you can't live a few minutes if your lungs are full of water! It's triage people. People are dealt with based on their level of need.

I had another moron ask me why we were just leaving the bodies on the ground and floating in the water. I had to inform this individual that those already dead are not a high priority in a triage situation and that leaving them while using your limited resources to find those living would prevent the need for even more dead bodies to be recovered.

Oh, and the convention center was a city provided shelter. There should have been enough present there to sustain the inhabitants for at least 3 days. If there wasn't, well, who's fault is that?

I have been laughing my ass off at some of the arm chair rescuers over the past few days who don't have clue one about the shit they're spouting off about. They are like the arm chair generals who have zero clue about military operations telling military people how to do something.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
People who aren't there and who don't know the details of the response plan have no clue. Everything that's being done is done for a reason. Just because the average joe watching something on tv doesn't understand it doesn't mean there's not a very valid reason for doing something.

I had some moron Bush basher on another board asking me why we weren't air-dropping food and supplies to the people and at convention center on the 1st and 2nd days. I had to inform the guy that using all available air assets to help yank the 7,000 people they pulled out of the water was the more urgent priority. You can live without a full stomach for quite a number of days. But you can't live a few minutes if your lungs are full of water! It's triage people. People are dealt with based on their level of need.

I had another moron ask me why we were just leaving the bodies on the ground and floating in the water. I had to inform this individual that those already dead are not a high priority in a triage situation and that leaving them while using your limited resources to find those living would prevent the need for even more dead bodies to be recovered.

Oh, and the convention center was a city provided shelter. There should have been enough present there to sustain the inhabitants for at least 3 days. If there wasn't, well, who's fault is that?

I have been laughing my ass off at some of the arm chair rescuers over the past few days who don't have clue one about the shit they're spouting off about. They are like the arm chair generals who have zero clue about military operations telling military people how to do something.

-CH

Preach it, brother.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
many of those in the superdome would never be able to afford tickets to get in under normal circumstances. I seriously doubt they gave a shit about how they left it.

The bigger problem is that they did give one... or two...  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
many of those in the superdome would never be able to afford tickets to get in under normal circumstances. I seriously doubt they gave a shit about how they left it.

The bigger problem is that they did give one... or two...  

Yeah, and it sounds like it GAVE back.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So certain death from dehydration or a potential to catch something if you go in the water?

There in no evidence or indication anyone is dying on that bridge from dehydration and contrary to the reporter BS there have been supplies sent to those bridges. If you want to guarantee you die of dehydration in a situation like this then by all means take to the water get dysentery and you might last 24 hours without medical help.

And all the rescuers need is a bunch chest thumping damn fools to stupid to wait wondering around in sewage filled water getting in to trouble and have to be saved from their own stupidity AGAIN.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#27]
They're on I-10 bridge because the 210 bridge is 120 miles west
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#28]
i believe they are only letting the I-10 people exit back where they came from, not the other side where they can walk to. they dont want the neighboring communities overun with refugees
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Ground is plenty dry, and that is how FOX is able to gets its truck in and all over the city and setup a satellite dish and do a remote. Smith himself has been sleeping in the truck with the rest of the FOX crew since Monday.

The problem is most of the people are not physically fit, do not know where to go, and basically cannot function unless some from the Govt. is there to hold their hand.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Are you questioninng the Hip Urbanites™ constipational right to freedom to assemble and shit?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ground is plenty dry, and that is how FOX is able to gets its truck in and all over the city and setup a satellite dish and do a remote. Smith himself has been sleeping in the truck with the rest of the FOX crew since Monday.

The problem is most of the people are not physically fit, do not know where to go, and basically cannot function unless some from the Govt. is there to hold their hand.

While I doubt they is a dry route out you make a valid point.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There in no evidence or indication anyone is dying on that bridge from dehydration and contrary to the reporter BS there have been supplies sent to those bridges. If you want to guarantee you die of dehydration in a situation like this then by all means take to the water get dysentery and you might last 24 hours without medical help.

And all the rescuers need is a bunch chest thumping damn fools to stupid to wait wondering around in sewage filled water getting in to trouble and have to be saved from their own stupidity AGAIN.

From what I am reading no one is trapped on the bridge, or surrounded by water, so what the fuck is the problem?

Only you introduced the inaccurate premise that they would need to get in the water.

Apparently this is not true.  So my statement stands.  Get the fuck off the bridge and go someplace else.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I think I heard that some of the boat rescues (private?) are dropping people off there, a place high and dry with lots of room and better chance of hope and supplies than where they were.  The boat rescuers then return for more people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I doubt they is a dry route out you make a valid point.

Hundreds of busses and trucks have rolled thru there in the past few days. I have yet to see an interstate in a city at street level. They are usually elevated.

10s of thousands of panicky people crammed into a small space and I get the impression that some folks expect them to form orderly lines to recieve their bottled water and MREs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He drives out every night to Jefferson Parrish.

then why the hell isn't he sharing his supplies with these folks?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because they're dumb. They're dumb enough to stay while EVERYBODY told them to flee.  It's a Level 5 hurricane hitting a city below sea level. They're dumb enough not to load up on food and water prior to the hurricane. So now they are truly dependent on the welfare of government and the charity of bureaucraps.

Sorry, but they were MOVED to those bridges and over passes and LEFT there with armed guards and no food or water or medical care.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top