Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:50:59 PM EDT
Anyone have the HD setup and is it worth getting?  They've got it priced at $249 on their website for the receiver and new dish.  Is it really that much better than normal tv?  I know I heard that ALL programming is supposed to he HD by something like 2009.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a TV that can see HD signal, yes, you can see A HUGE difference.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you have a TV that can see HD signal, yes, you can see A HUGE difference.

Yes I do, 61inch widescreen...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
As I said, if it can do HD then by all means go for it. Its awesome. Im holding off till HD becomes more mainstream myself. My old school 48" TV is still going strong.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#4]
definately worth going to HDTV
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I need to get an HD receiver myself, I have bought a 34in HD and I have the sunday ticket
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone have the HD setup and is it worth getting?  They've got it priced at $249 on their website for the receiver and new dish.  Is it really that much better than normal tv?  I know I heard that ALL programming is supposed to he HD by something like 2009.

I say it depends on how much you watch TV.  Right now, only some channels broadcast programs in HDTV, such as FOX, NBC/ABC/CBS, Discovery, ESPN, etc etc...

However, actually watching those shows in HD and widescreen is an absolutely amazing experience in itself and is highly recommended.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been VERY surprised recently with over the air HD.
Using a simple rabbit-ear kind of antenna designed for digital
I get a half dozen digital broadcasts.  All of them absolutely
perfect, some of them HD (depends on the TV show).  Over
the air digital locals is like sattelite in that you either get a
perfect signal/picture, or none. "1"s and "0"s.

I cancelled my DISH local service.

All I want now is HBO and ESPN in HD, and I'll be in hog heaven.

DanM
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say it depends on how much you watch TV.  Right now, only some channels broadcast programs in HDTV, such as FOX, NBC/ABC/CBS, Discovery, ESPN, etc etc...

However, actually watching those shows in HD and widescreen is an absolutely amazing experience in itself and is highly recommended.

I've got a household of 5 and we do watch quite a bit of tv combined.  I think it will be well worth it.  Gotta do it within a few years anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top