Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:00:17 PM EDT
Mods, if this turns into a racist thread then lock it.  I predict we can stay 4 pages above a lock.

WARNING:  PLUG IN BRAIN BEFORE STARTING MOUTH.

Here's the linky:  www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/46545.html?view=3522001#t3522001[

Scroll down a half or third page.

And, no I ain't a 'liberal." Don't EVEN go there.

I firmly believe that we need to look reality in the teeth and then to bite first, not back.

Here's the cut and paste:

Iam Pissed
(Anonym\ous)
2005-09-03 05:22 (link)  
I am a 65 yr. old, white, republican, male, pissed taxpayer.

First I am pissed at the racial crap. Anybody that can look at a human being in torment and care about pigment ain't worth a damn. Has anybody noticed that most of the first responders are white and most of the victims are not? Do not even think about telling me that crap in person.

Second I am pissed at the inconceivably impotent efforts by our Federal Government. I am absolutely furious. I just watched on TV a baby that has been in the convention center for SIX DAYS with inadequate EVERYTHING. I am a real hard old man and I felt tears roll down my face. The Mayor of New Orleans ought to be horse whipped. The Governor of Lousiana ought be tarred and feathered. The President of the mightiest nation on earth ought to be cleaning toilets.

I am one of them well off middle class whites that pays a LOT of taxes. I count it a privledge. I take pride in the response of my home state, Texas, to the refugees.

It ain't about race, it is about stupid and incompetent and arrogant.

If the thin blue line is REALLY this inept, we are ALL in for a lot of misery.

Ray  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow! A link to a livejournal post! Now that is insightful and informative! And for good measure: !!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Why did he bring race up to begin with?  He could have made his comments without mentioning race.  When you do that you are either a racist yourself or trying to bait someone.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Why doesn't drag his white ass over there and help then?!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Do we really want a president that micro-manages right down to a levee system?

1. The levee that failed wasn't one that had been neglected due to inadequate funding.

2. The rescue mission that never should have happened materialized in three days. Three days from levee failure and the troops come rolling in.

3. The Troglodites that looted and burned their own city were there before the hurricane.  They didn't just wake up one day and say, "hey, I think I will go rape, murder and loot today".

4. If all these "experts" that KNEW BEFOREHAND that their town was prone to flooding would have taken the precaution to be prepared, they wouldn't need to be evacuated.

5. If you're going to be stupid then you'd better be tough.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Tomislav offered:

Wow! A link to a livejournal post! Now that is insightful and informative! And for good measure: !!!!!!

Tomi, my man, Follow the link, do your homework. Don't be dissin so fast. Something good in there.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Tomi, my man, Follow the link, do your homework. Don't be dissin so fast. Something good in there.

Rick

Don't be dissin? Sure thing, champ. I won't be dissin. But I will call a link to a worthless comment on a  damned livejournal a total waste of time. Not to mention, it speaks volumes about the sort of person you are if you find that link interesting or insightful.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok heres the scenerio:

President sends in troops of some sort to regain security and get the straglers out of the city where they can get food water and shelter. The looters now armed resist and are quickly brought down by troops in gunfights. Word spreads and riots ensue in other citys.

I dont think Id rush into anything with a bunch thugs walking around armed. Especially with the puplic eye glued to the news. Bush loses either way bottom line.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rick

Don't be dissin? Sure thing, champ. I won't be dissin. But I will call a link to a worthless comment on a  damned livejournal a total waste of time. Not to mention, it speaks volumes about the sort of person you are if you find that link interesting or insightful.

Could you at least give us a hint about what is "good in there"?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#9]
It links to Camp Crystal, they've been live cam and blog from downtown NO 24/7.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

There are some good comments in there. That's all.

Tomislav, personal attactks tell a lot about what kind of person you are.

I'm gone.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top