Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 7:03:40 PM EDT
Yep and I did a google on the topic and I can't find one damn thing on it. My best friend is NOPD and he confirmed this for me TUESDAY Hello LOOOOOOTERS, He said the most popular reason"My home is gone, and I'm not getting shot at by LOOTERS over some damn flooded cess pool    Yea they're so right PROTECT AND SERVE is just so Passe'
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They don't want to show it because it will make people buy guns BEFORE an emergency strikes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I ALMOST can't blame them.

Still, what a chance to cleanse the gene pool
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Did anyone else catch that NOPD officer who called out his fellow officers that quit?

It was pretty moving.  He called them cowards, repeated part of the LEO's creed and ripped them a new one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have a link to the story that reports half of the officers walked?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/614.html

Pretty sure this is where they went when they quit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't blame the cops.

They are out there in the shit, they get no sleep.  They get no food or water except what THEY can "loot"  they have no communication.  They can't arrest people.  They can't shoot looters.  They are being ambushed by gangs and thugs.

This entire response as been fucked up.  Right now it seems to be getting its collective head out of its ass, but I can't blame cops for quitting after 4 days of working hard and getting nothing tangible done.  Cops arn't flying the helos rescuing people, they are not driving the busses.  They can't don't know where people are "trapped" by armed people are at.  They are not accomplishing anything.  So after a point its why bother?

Why is it so hard to get comms down there??  The military communicates in the field all the time with no fixed infrastructure.  Put some comm assets in NO to set up a new radio network.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
They may not be reporting it because it is either unconfirmed, not true or not nearly as wide spread as you or your source claims. The only place I have seen anything about this claim is on arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't blame the cops.

They are out there in the shit, they get no sleep. They get no food or water except what THEY can "loot" they have no communication. They can't arrest people. They can't shoot looters. They are being ambushed by gangs and thugs.

And they get shot at.

I would be home protecting my family and property.  

Why try to protect people who hate you?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
So, supposedly your "friend" in NOPD, in the middle of a shit hole with no comm, no nothing..trying to survive and help people in this mess...but he has time to communicate to you..........that half the PD has walked off the job??? Just how the hell does he know this?? They've got PD scattered all over the pkace with nothing.........repeat nothing to help them do their jobs.

I'm sure some have, but a person can only take so much. And for people to sit safe and sound behind a computer and bad mouth anyone that is stuck in this mess is disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I can't blame the cops.

They are out there in the shit, they get no sleep. They get no food or water except what THEY can "loot" they have no communication. They can't arrest people. They can't shoot looters. They are being ambushed by gangs and thugs.

And they get shot at.

I would be home protecting my family and property.  

Why try to protect people who hate you?

I see your point....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top