Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:50:48 PM EDT
Red cross telethon vid clip

Tuckers and Myers expressions were priceless! After the first zinger it took myers a second to start his line.

But then thats what you get when you have a "hip hop" artist help out your telethon.

Anyways, I called up the Red Cross number to let them know The probably shouldn't associate themselves with that individual.

1800 Help Now

Fire mission perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
dammit, you guys are too fast.

my thread is a dupe
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
dammit, you guys are too fast.

my thread is a dupe

.nevermind
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
HOLY $HIT!!!!  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I guess I won't be buying his new CD.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
That's nuts.  I can't immagine the Red Cross would be dumb enough to alienate half their audience by knowingly letting an idiot like that say that.  Though, it did sound like he was reading (or learning to read) from a script... like that guy at the end of the clip when he played the crack addict magazine salesman in Office Space.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Was that really and issue
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Who?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]
It was almost like a skit on SNL. How Meyers stood there with a straight face, is beyond me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?

Kanye West, the guy who made that idiotic comment.  I was being sarcastic anyway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It was almost like a skit on SNL. How Meyers stood there with a straight face, is beyond me.

His reaction makes me think the comment made by that rapper or whatever wasn't scripted... he turned to him sort-of with an "Oh shit, how do I un-piss-off that many people?" look on his face.  Kind of like when I yelled out "Look mom, it's Chewbaca!" when I saw a really hairy dude at the pool when I was 6 or so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Meyers' face was straight, but his his eyes pretty much went, "OH SHIT!"  Obviously the director cut away right after that.  Did he get the hook?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
COC keeps me speechless
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Baha, Mike Meyers looked over at him only three times:
1.  "...the black people, the less well off, as slow as possible"
2.  "And, and, and they've given them the permission to go down and shoot us."
3.  "George Bush doesn't care about black people."
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#15]
WMV saved for future use.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Poor Mike.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

im retarded , i really thought it was an SNL skit

then i realized it aint Saturday
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meyers' face was straight, but his his eyes pretty much went, "OH SHIT!"  Obviously the director cut away right after that.  Did he get the hook?

LoL

I love the look on the second guy's face...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#19]
fuckin priceless
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

then im retarted too. I thought it was a skit with that akward moment of silence.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

then im retarted too. I thought it was a skit with that akward moment of silence.

Dude that was fucked up
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I missed it.  Hopefully it will show up soon as a downloadable link.  I imagine the Red Cross will be bombarded by hostile folks tonight.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#23]
This is Bandit trying to be suprized.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Make sure to write "White Folks Only per GWB" on any food items you donate.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I've called the general 1800 number to lodge a complaint on Kayne West's comments. The lady there, Latisha, apologized for his comments, but stipulated that the 1800-HELP-NOW number was just a call center and not available to receive comments. She was helpful and found the Red Cross Help Line at 1866-438-4636 and said that they should be able to take any comments the callers may have, and if not, that your local chapter should take such comments.

She also made note that she personally has receiver several calls about the comments made by Kayne West, but again that she could not do anything (from the sounds of it, she wasn't even aware of a TV telethon going on today until people started calling and complaining about this asshat's comments.)

Shall continue scouting..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#26]
http://www.fast351.com/shootus.wmv

Not sure how long I'll leave it up there.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#27]
No, he just doesn't care about the black people who are bing uncivil. The same goes with the white, the Hispanic, and any other race that's creating dangerous situations.

On a side note, I saw Kanye West on an MTV deal, and he was talking about how everyone though he was literally gay in high school.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#28]
stupid selfish idiot is the the same type of person shooting at firemen in New Orleans, he just has more money.  He personally is going to cause the Red Cross to loose donation because of his dumb ass comments.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I've called the general 1800 number to lodge a complaint on Kayne West's comments. The lady there, Latisha, apologized for his comments, but stipulated that the 1800-HELP-NOW number was just a call center and not available to receive comments. She was helpful and found the Red Cross Help Line at 1866-438-4636 and said that they should be able to take any comments the callers may have, and if not, that your local chapter should take such comments.

She also made note that she personally has receiver several calls about the comments made by Kayne West, but again that she could not do anything (from the sounds of it, she wasn't even aware of a TV telethon going on today until people started calling and complaining about this asshat's comments.)

Shall continue scouting..

OMG, I think we talked to the same woman.

Come on people, make a call and lodge a complaint.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Find your local chapter contact information here: www2.redcross.org/where/where.html
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#31]
 that killed me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
www.fast351.com/shootus.wmv

Not sure how long I'll leave it up there.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#33]
That's some funny shit.  Maybe next time N.O. will vote Republican.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Well the Red Cross can kiss my ass.

Until they issue a public apology.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
fuckin priceless

He, and people like him, are the reason we are armed.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#37]
They cut it out of the broadcast here on the West coast.

Good thing someone recorded and uploaded it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the link, even though it's a dupe. This is the first time I've seen the infamous clip.

You know what, fuck it. I am not sending one goddamn dime to this relief effort. These hateful sons of bitches think they can keep hurling this vitriol in my face, time after time, year after year, and I have had my fill of this shit. My intelligence has been insulted for the last time by these leftist race-baiters, they can go to the blue- staters for their handouts. I know the innocent are suffering and all, but if they think thug hate speech will get me to crack my checkbook, they've got another thing comin.

I've had enough. I'm sick of this "white republicans are the devil" bullshit. I've got spare money in my account right now. It's fuckin staying right where it is. Let Hollywood pay for it.

Screw these thug bastards. They can go rot in their own filth.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#39]
That ruled!  I'm so glad they didn't edit it for my time zone.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I emailed my local ACR chapter.  

Too bad for them that the $100 is going to the Salvation Army.

Guess they will learn how to play the PR game one day.  

You do not alienate people that are giving you money!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
They cut it out of the broadcast here on the West coast.

Good thing someone recorded and uploaded it.

Unbelieveable. Just plain unbelieveable. I wish someone would have punched him in the mouth right after he said that.

All he is doing is hurting the relief effort. Asshole!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeaaahhhhh,  red double cross is cut off for life.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
<snip>
</snip>

well said.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link, even though it's a dupe. This is the first time I've seen the infamous clip.

You know what, fuck it. I am not sending one goddamn dime to this relief effort. These hateful sons of bitches think they can keep hurling this vitriol in my face, time after time, year after year, and I have had my fill of this shit. My intelligence has been insulted for the last time by these leftist race-baiters, they can go to the blue- staters for their handouts. I know the innocent are suffering and all, but if they think thug hate speech will get me to crack my checkbook, they've got another thing comin.

I've had enough. I'm sick of this "white republicans are the devil" bullshit. I've got spare money in my account right now. It's fuckin staying right where it is. Let Hollywood pay for it.

Thats quite harsh,  unfortunately I feel the same way 100%.  It's sad what this country is coming to, overrun with filth, liers, parasites and democratic politicians and apologists.  Fuck em.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>
</snip>

well said.

Just like that bitch that was on O'Reilly's show Friday night talking about how the food she was given was not very good and she had not had a hot meal in 4 days.  

Ungrateful POS!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Rest assured, your not alone after seeing that video.
Fuck'm. Let'm do what they SHOULD have done all along, and look after themselves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Not one dime, not one penny.... FUCK 'EM.....

Enjoy the plagues, famine and dehydration assholes.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Because of one dumbass rapper??
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Kanye West Ruins Relief Show

(JND) - In a selfish and unprofessional move, Kanye West used a Red Cross benefit to benefit his own personal platform Friday night during the NBC Hurricane Katrina Relief program.

In a disgusting display, West strayed from his prepared script to offer an overflow of hatred from his mouth, taking the spotlight off of the matterat hand, turning the relief program into his own personal soapbox.

Just before being cut-off by NBC executives, West stated: "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

West appeared on-screen with comedian Mike Myers, who was obviously shaken by West's remarks. At one point Myers attempted to put an end to the tirade.

NBC beat him to the punch, cutting to a shot of actor Chris Tucker.

Other comments by West: "They're saying black families are looting and white families are just looking for food...they're giving the (Army) permission to shoot us..."

Previously best known for producing hit singles for Alicia Keys, Jay-Z, and Ludacris, Kanye himself worked on a solo album for a long period of time, having the release pushed back time and time again. Due to his appearance and overall style, West struggled to find a way to get his own voice on record. Multiple record companies put him aside due to the fact that West is from the suburbs of Chicago, not a former 'street hustler' or even one that wears the orthodox hip-hop apparel. A car crash on October 23, 2002 left his jaw fractured in three places, with his mouth still wired shut and only weeks after having an encounter with death, Kanye West began recording "Through The Wire," reliving his near-fatal accident. "Through The Wire", which sampled Chaka Khan's classic track "Through The Fire", would eventually become his lead single from The College Dropout, which was released on Roc-a-Fella Records in February 2004.

Kanye West also has his own clothing line - "Pastel Clothing" , and his own record label - "GOOD Music" (an acronym for Getting Out Our Dreams), under which John Legend's platinum selling debut album Get Lifted has been released, along with Common's latest album - "Be". Other artists on his label include GLC, Consequence, and Farnsworth Bentley.

On August 30th, 2005, Kanye West released his second album Late Registration. "Diamonds (From Sierra Leone)" (which contained samples from Shirley Bassey's "Diamonds Are Forever") and "Gold Digger", were the first two singles from Late Registration. West announced that his 3rd and 4th albums will be titled "Graduation" and "A Good Ass Job", respectively.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because of one dumbass rapper??

I'll find another agency to donate to.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top