Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 6:44:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I say its because they are all mostly  poor ( white people and black) and N.O. wasnt prepared.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Turn the channel. Fox news is channel 37. Turn off CNN.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I say it's because the city is built below sea level, on an ocean, a large lake and a large river surrounding it.
Furthermore, I blame the mayor of the city of new orleans for not having an evacuation plan for it's people.  Same goes for the state of Loiusiana and it's governor..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I say it's because it is the WORST NATURAL DISASTER in the history of our country.

But then again I'm not a dumbass CNN reporter with a limited intellect further skewed by liberal bias.

Lots of white folks without shit for weeks after Andrew down here, and this one is worse.

Or 'maybe' the Cubans in the Miami Govt. just hated "white folks", damn I need some reparations.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
As if you needed another reason NOT TO WATCH CNN.......  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the NO mayor should be looted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I say its because they are all mostly  poor ( white people and black) and N.O. wasnt prepared.  

i agree

the stayed behind because they didnt obey the warning to get out.
The mayor and Gov had no clue 400,000 people stayed. They should have been more forceful in getting the sick and elderly out by bus or whatever. They didnt give a shit about the people who put them in office.
Bush gave them Carte Blanche 2 full days before. if u couldnt get them out they should have prepared for the worst. U take care of these people their whole lives, they become ur responsibility.
They werent prepared at all, the worst has yet to come
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't have TV at home, just at work, so I'm just catching up on most of this coverage.

Middle of the worst disaster in US history and what's the goddamn news media talking about?  Perhaps some of the stunning logistics problems facing those attempting to coordinate the response effort?  Highlighting the heroism of the rescuers?  Trying to get to the bottom of who is shooting at rescuers and why?  Trying to get a comprehensive handle on the numbers of dead involved?  Really trying to delve into what could have specifically been done to lessen the impact of the disaster?

No.

THEY'RE BUSY IMPLYING THAT THE REASON PEOPLE IN NEW ORLEANS ARE DYING IS THAT THE WHITE ESTABLISHMENT AND THE PRESIDENT DON'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE.

I'm am so fucking angry I can't even express it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I say middle class pwoplw who work for a living wouldn't shoot at rescue helicopters and kill/rape each other during a crisis quite as much.

Speed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

These "civil rights" leaders.. are going to create more racism by spreading this bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Furthermore, I blame the mayor of the city of new orleans for not having an evacuation plan for it's people.  Same goes for the state of Loiusiana and it's governor..

That's exactly who's ass is at fault for this "no shit" natural disaster.  The Gov and Mayor, share and share alike I say .

I don't give a damn what a "paper plan of action" called for, you are not fixing such a cluster F@#K on such grand scale in a few days... no way, no how.

Unfortunately, those citizens were "pre-disposed" to be vicitms of a natural disaster.  I'm in Florida, we get Hurricanes, no shit.............
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think the NO mayor should be looted.

+1.  There's the guy who really dropped the ball. He instructed his citizens to come to the Superdome for shelter and help, but failed to provide food, water, and functional facilities for these people.  After several days of being hot, hungry, lied to and starved for information, and several rapes and murders in the dome, he instructed his people to begin walking and find help on their own.  NO mayor is a fucking idiot.  JMHO
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

These "civil rights" leaders.. are going to create more racism by spreading this bullshit.

The intent is provide political leverage, but that's exactly what they're going to do.  I'm not going to go into because racial discussions tend to get out of hand here, but suffice it to say that blacks in the US haven't been done ANY favors by ANY black leaders since MLK.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep.

The 'guber-ment bees lokin at the race and class ~O the proples be-fo dee-ciden where the cheese be goin.

The white man  be keepin all the shizzel fo they self.

Word.

Now. with that said. Darwin works in wonderful ways. Stupid, mutherfuckers will Always be the "the backs of the lines'
Fo Sho.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#16]
There are so many sides to this story

Jesse Jackoff is saying its racial, " a couple of black guys stealing a few TV's shouldnt stop food and water coming in".

Congressman saying 10,000 people prolly dead in SE parrishes

FEMA  saying supplies are flowing, yet there are 30,000 at the convention Ctr with no water and food.

Keeping people barricaded on the highway, protecting other communities.understandibly.
If ur gonna keep em there , airdrop some shit to Shep

The Governor says all the violence is from 3 major street gangs, not the average citizen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Race did have a factor.  

Not because some how one race is inferior or lacking in some inherent way, it is because we have told a whole bunch of people that because they ain't white they deserve to be bottlefed, coddled, and are free to act the part of lowest common denominator.  

Liberals are racists in the worst sort of way.  They believe that since someone ain't white, they cannot help themselves.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck 'em. What have they done to help themselves?
Well, they have helped themselves to other people's shit, that's about it.

Blow the levees in place, MOAB.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#19]
It's TRUE.

Others wouldn't be shooting at the rescue personnel
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#20]
You knew they would come out and place blame on someone else since they refuse to take responsiblility which is funny because the government of N.O. is black and LA is solidly democrats. N.O. has no one to blame but N.O. and their corrupt, lazy attitude which is why they suffer now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Black people use that excuse alot and have and will for years when shit doesn't go there way and that just pisses me off to no end.  

I saw a meterologist on TV explaining how they have known for years that because of the location of New Orleans that if a hurricane hit there it would be totoally devastating.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Racist commentary will get your account locked--please see my tacked thread and post accordingly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top