Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:42:08 PM EDT
NEEDED: Certified law Enforcement Officers for Contract Deployment to Louisiana

Critical Intervention Services, a Clearwater-based security and consulting firm, is actively recruiting certified law enforcement officers for a special deployment in Louisiana in support of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Officers deployed on this assignment will be protecting staging areas for power restoration teams and utility trucks in the field.

Officers will be billeted in a controlled environment and provided with all operational necessities. Officers are expected to possess current LE certification, personal sidearm, and personal gear. Transportation to the operational area will be provided by CIS.

For information about Critical Intervention Services, please visit our web site: http://www.cisworldservices.org.

Start Date: 9/3/05 (ASAP)

Estimated Duration: Until October 1, 2005

Pay Rate: $400 per day (Day Rate)

Requirements: Current LE certification, personal gear, and personal side arm

Contact: Tim O’Rourke, Tel. (727) 461-9417  /  (727) 463-3515

Alt. Contact: Craig Gundry, (727) 432-2281
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a shame that one has to be a Certified LEO. There are a lot of guys out there that are willing and capable that have prior military training and their their own weapons and gear. Hell, I would go, but I am not an LEO.I would even take leave from TSA.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, current certification, or past certification? efxguy
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Any consideration for veterans? Experience: 31 years Navy and 2 tours in Viet Nam and I will bring my own equipment!!

Lots of us out there
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
It's rabbit season in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]
$400 a day may be decent money down there, but its not going to sway many officer from larger departments....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I called them Friday right now 2048hrs and they asked if I could be on a plane tomorrow!!

have to have 2 pair of full black bdu's also, and commit to at least 2 weeks.  Also need to be qualfied on any weapon you take, and have your LE certifications with you at all times.

I may be headed south by Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
$400 a day may be decent money down there, but its not going to sway many larger departments....

Man Stick $400/day is 2k a week......never heard of any LEO making that $.  I am a guy that was fulltime LE then went into personal business and stayed on as a reserve so I could keep all my certifications.

I own my own business now with my wife and I don't make $400 a day here.  This is a good deal.  I do agree they need to look at retierd Officers/Military Vets also.  I bet they will if they can't get enough qualified guys.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
$400 a day may be decent money down there, but its not going to sway many officer from larger departments....

That's $96,000 - $144,000 (depending how many days you work) a year before taxes.....  Not bad considering the average salary for a local cop/deputy around here is under $30,000....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Please tell me they are paying the plane ticket, along with billeting and food.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#12]
They need all the help they can get down there.

I am trying to join my local department. Physical test the 17th. Just hope my right ear doesn't keep me out...it already kept me out of the Army.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
EDITED as I think I was coming across wrong to a lot of people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Former military police qualify?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Pay Rate: $400 per day (Day Rate)

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Shouldn't this be about helping people out and not money!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I think it's a good idea, as long as officers are not held accountable for necessary actions that may result in controversey.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They should be taking military police and paying them for it.  Let those guys take leave and make some money.  They are horribly underpaid and unappreciated by just about the entire military.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like it could be fun. I dropped him an email for details.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If I were an LEO, I'd want a little cash to cover work I missed, but I completely agree with what you said. I guess some people have completely different motives though.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all the response.

1. We will pay all travel costs. Officers are flown into Baton Rouge (or Houston depending on difficulty in booking flights) and travel is arranged by our coordinator on the ground to the operational site.

2. The actual operational site(s) are north of New Orleans outside of the war zone. Detail members will be providing protection for a staging area for a local energy company and for line trucks going into the field restoring power to critical facilities and then later, communities. Compared to our current detail on Canal Street inside the downtown, this is a walk in the park. There may be some aggressive behavior from refugees frustrated with lack of power or seeing power employees with food and eletricity, but its nothing like the saituation inside New Orleans.

3. The detail is guaranteed until September 18, but may run into and through October. We realize that some LEOs may need to limit time to two weeks of duty leave, so we are planning a rotation for leave officers by the 18th.

4. We are limited to using LE certified officers or Florida licensed Class "D" and "G" Officers because of licensing and reciprocity issues with the State of Lousiana. There are a lot of eligible people out there, but the State of Louisiana has made restrictions that we must abide by.

If you are available and meet the criteria, we are offering a bonus of $200 plus pay for any officer that can fly tomorrow (Saturday). We will have teams deploying all the way through the weekend, but we need to get boots on the ground by tomorrow night. If eligible, call me (Craig Gundry) at (727) 432-2281 or Tim O'Rourke at (727) 435-3515.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Start Date: 9/3/05 (ASAP)

Estimated Duration: Until October 1, 2005

The $$ is good for several reasons:

1)  You are providing your own gear.
2)  The duration of the Operation is short lived.

If I were not already going to the MS area, I would take two weeks leave and go, after thoroughly looking into it of course.

Hell, $400 a day per man is CHEAP for a private security force that is already trained and equiped given the fact they are "disposable".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Seems to me they want mercenaries, that are cops in real life, to go into a battle zone, that is a disaster area................

Plus I'm pretty sure they don't want the police, NG, etc actually shooting back in most circumstances....................
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#26]
$400.00 per day to work in a war zone?

I know cops who make close to that (before taxes), working traffic details.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Tempting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#28]
In response to the money issue...The Louisiana police and law enforcement agencies throughout the country that are loaning their assets are addressing a very wide range of problems right now statewide. Our client, the energy company and several other businesses with assets inside the state, need protection for their assets while they are tryng to restore power and services to the public. Protection for those assets is not accounted for in the list of huge tasks provided to public law enforcement (who are already overtasked in an incident like this). We provide the protection that our clients need to do their job safely and we pay our personnel and contractors handsomely because of the short notice, short duration, and stressful working conditions.

Its very simple and all of us are providing a critical service to the community at large.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
$400.00 per day to work in a war zone?

I know cops who make close to that (before taxes), working traffic details.

My employer severly limits the amount of time I can work OT.....

400 a day 7 days a week adds up rather quickly...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Stick, IM sent to avoid hi-jacking.

To the topic starter, you might try here also.
ArfCom LE forums.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems to me they want mercenaries, that are cops in real life, to go into a battle zone, that is a disaster area................

Plus I'm pretty sure they don't want the police, NG, etc actually shooting back in most circumstances....................

You gota take the fun out of it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#32]
FL LE certified right here. I'm game. Let me know the specifics or I can call in the AM.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$400 a day may be decent money down there, but its not going to sway many larger departments....

Man Stick $400/day is 2k a week......never heard of any LEO making that $.  I am a guy that was fulltime LE then went into personal business and stayed on as a reserve so I could keep all my certifications.

I own my own business now with my wife and I don't make $400 a day here.  This is a good deal.  I do agree they need to look at retierd Officers/Military Vets also.  I bet they will if they can't get enough qualified guys.

The LEO and other branches make that and more here on Long Island, NY.

They had an article here about a month abgo where a few officers made in excess of 150K
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#34]
tag
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#35]
We're too busy t orespond to all of this guys, but as for $400 per day...First, yes there are departments in New York, California, and a handful of other jurisdictions where you can earn that kind of money doing overtime or with promotion to Captain. However, most other LEOs throughout the country earn between $20K per year and $70K per year. The actual rate of $400 per hour is excellent by national standards. Our pay rates are carefully determined based on the nature of the assignment, the client's capabilties, and the risk associated with the assignment.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
In response to the money issue...The Louisiana police and law enforcement agencies throughout the country that are loaning their assets are addressing a very wide range of problems right now statewide. Our client, the energy company and several other businesses with assets inside the state, need protection for their assets while they are tryng to restore power and services to the public. Protection for those assets is not accounted for in the list of huge tasks provided to public law enforcement (who are already overtasked in an incident like this). We provide the protection that our clients need to do their job safely and we pay our personnel and contractors handsomely because of the short notice, short duration, and stressful working conditions.

Its very simple and all of us are providing a critical service to the community at large.

I don't think you need to defend your company, your offer, or what your company does.  You are providing a service that local LEO's simply can not.  End of story.

Can you imagine what private pilots, boat owners, ambulance companies, etc are getting paid right now to "drop everything" and respond.  Local Airboat owners here in Central Florida were talking $150-$175 an hour to bring their Airboats ASAP.  It would be nice if many of these services could be provided w/o cost, but that's not going to happen.

When I get back from my deployment with the Sheriff's Office and services are still needed, I plan to look into doing this, if I can get time off that is......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd go if my agency would allow.  I'm going to ask them to reconsider sending us.  Most of us would go in a heartbeat.  Besides my Glock, I'd have a hard time choosing what other weapons to bring.  I'd have to choose between my Benelli Entry, AR15, Remington 700, or HK UMP 40.  Hell, I'd bring them all!!!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag, I would sure like to go but my department is already short handed. I might be able to arrnage something in a week or so. Would there still be openings then?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Call us and let us get your info. For those not available now, we will need rotation officers in two weeks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
FL LE certified right here. I'm game. Let me know the specifics or I can call in the AM.

Also FL LE certified, have all of my own gear.  Can't get out of here tommorrow, but probably early in the week.  I'll also call in the AM.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

4. We are limited to using LE certified officers or Florida licensed Class "D" and "G" Officers because of licensing and reciprocity issues with the State of Lousiana. There are a lot of eligible people out there, but the State of Louisiana has made restrictions that we must abide by.

Wow, seems like the State of Louisiana would be a little less picking when the Mayor of NO is bitching about lack of support.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll call Saturday after I talk with the other half
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#43]
My wife's gonna kill me, but I want in somehow...gonna have to ask and get back to someone on Sat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Do they supply ammo?    If not, $400 doesn't go that far......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, seems like the State of Louisiana would be a little less picking when the Mayor of NO is bitching about lack of support.

Think about the lawyers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

They are helping the people of NO out. Killing looters and scumbags is one way to do it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They should be taking military police and paying them for it.  Let those guys take leave and make some money.  They are horribly underpaid and unappreciated by just about the entire military.  

Stick Most Excellent Point.  Two of my buddies here in Oklahoma just came into my store while ago they are National Guard, just back from Iraq and got activated tonight.

How much money they making a day with the Gurard here in OK? $50 a day!!! That is Wrong.  The military are dumped on a bit.

I saw your posts before the edit, I don't take you wrong, I'd just like your pay rate if you think $400 a day isn't good.  Don't know what your cost of living is either man.  

Take Care Stick...You produce some good "think about it" posts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stick Most Excellent Point.  Two of my buddies here in Oklahoma just came into my store while ago they are National Guard, just back from Iraq and got activated tonight.

How much money they making a day with the Gurard here in OK? $50 a day!!! That is Wrong.  The military are dumped on a bit.

I saw your posts before the edit, I don't take you wrong, I'd just like your pay rate if you think $400 a day isn't good.  Don't know what your cost of living is either man.  

Take Care Stick...You produce some good "think about it" posts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#49]
wife says no, but I would do it..........................
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#50]
My Department is short staffed some officers are having to work dispatch and that makes staffing in patrol shorter.  We have firearms quals at the end of the month and should have new staff on during first of Oct.  If this project continues through then I will be asking for an opportunity to help out.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top