Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 6:30:24 PM EDT
No, I don't know how it ends, but I just saw some hairy bush!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm happy for ya
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Is it a one time thing or a series like the Sopranos, Oz, Deadwood,etc?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a series. Actually pretty decent too. I liked the battle sequence in the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it is a series. Definitely not for children. Or gays that don't like shots of beautiful naked women.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Personally, I like a good bush. I'm sick of these shaved beavers that looks like a 10 year old's coochie.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it is a series. Definitely not for children. Or gays that don't like shots of beautiful naked women.

It is a series.

Pretty good IMO.

Seems like they are striving for accuracy with things like marriages and divorces or of political consideration.

Seems like an interesting show until they FINALLY roll out season seven of The Sopranos.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
HBO is always on the money pretty accurate with movies and series, one of my favorites was *61 the Roger Maris story and it starred one of my favorite actors, even the ending where Roger Maris circled the bases to an empty crowd and boos breaking Ruth's record and then watching Mark Mcguire pay homage to his family welled up my eyes....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#8]
This is certainly one I'm going to have to own on DVD when it comes out. I'm not even going to think twice about buying it.

Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Carnival kicks Rome’s ass! I’m still pissed that HBO canceled it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
HBO is always on the money pretty accurate with movies and series, one of my favorites was *61 the Roger Maris story

IIRC, Billy Crystal was one of the producers of that movie.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HBO is always on the money pretty accurate with movies and series, one of my favorites was *61 the Roger Maris story

IIRC, Billy Crystal was one of the producers of that movie.

One of my favorite all time movies, inspirational....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personally, I like a good bush. I'm sick of these shaved beavers that looks like a 10 year old's coochie.

your a sick bastard if you seen one
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Carnivale' wasn't canceled. It reached the end of the season.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A) It's spelled "you're", a contraction of "you are".

B) I have read National Geographic & seen Schlinder's List as well as seen nudist resort pics, yes.

C) Apparently you are unaware of exaggeration to make a point.

D) I could give a flying fuck what you think I am or are not.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Watched my first episodes last night, good show for us history buffs. Lots of eye-talian names for the actors, I assume this was filmed over in Europe instead of Hollyweird?

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A) It's spelled "you're", a contraction of "you are".

B) I have read National Geographic & seen Schlinder's List as well as seen nudist resort pics, yes.

C) Apparently you are unaware of exaggeration to make a point.

D) I could give a flying fuck what you think I am or are not.

He's a troll, BobCole. Don't feed him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Watched my first episodes last night, good show for us history buffs. Lots of eye-talian names for the actors, I assume this was filmed over in Europe instead of Hollyweird?

I believe it is a European production. Did any one notice some of the actors from "Gladiator" in the show?

I liked the part where the two Legionaires (Roman Soldiers) came across the group of Gauls holding Ceaser's young nephew and proceeded to wade into them with swords slashing. Rome had some bad-ass soldiers!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I was EXTREEMLY taken with the sountrack on the commercial for this show. You can hear a guy say "I'm a soldier....I'm a murderer". Talk about liberal gobbledygook!

ETA: I understand I misunderstood. Rant retracted!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I was EXTREEMLY taken with the sountrack on the commercial for this show. You can hear a guy say "I'm a soldier....I'm a murderer". Talk about liberal gobbledygook!

He says "I'm a soldier, not a murderer."  You heard wrong.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carnivale' wasn't canceled. It reached the end of the season.

canceled...not coming back ever....finished
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#22]
IIRC, this is written by the same guy who did Deadwood and was actually proposed to HBO before Deadwood. HBO didn't take to it originally; but after Deadwood went over so well, it looks like they decided to try this concept out.

I only know this because listening to the comentary section of the DVDs for season 1 of Deadwood, the writer describes a Rome show he was trying to sell HBO and how they wouldn't buy into it so he ended up writing Deadwood instead.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Saw the first two episodes last night.  I really did like it but I think (and I never thought I'd catch myself saying this) there's just too damn much sex and nudity in the show.

Yeah, thanks guys...we get it.  The Romans were depraved.  OK, we get it!  Yes, they're into the flesh.  Get on with it and show the political intigue and while you're at it spill some blood.

Geesh.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I like it a lot!! I guess it will hold me over until the next season of Deadwood starts next spring.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone notice John Milius of Red Dawn fame is one of the creators?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Anyone notice John Milius of Red Dawn fame is one of the creators?

I'll have to watch the credits next time, I like Milius' work.

Tonight was decent, always nice to see a gladius go through a guys neck, gotta love gore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I saw that episode. The brain surgery was way cool, I would bet that's how they did it back then too?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#28]
She's a WHORE!!!

Talking about the second Centurion's wife he hasn't seen in 8 years.  I hope she dies now.  Him and the legionair are my favorite characters so far.

Marc Antony doing the sheep girl on the side of the road was pretty funny.  'Hes not under the standard"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
She's a WHORE!!!

Talking about the second Centurion's wife he hasn't seen in 8 years.  I hope she dies now.  Him and the legionair are my favorite characters so far.

Marc Antony doing the sheep girl on the side of the road was pretty funny.  'Hes not under the standard"

I believe that those two are the main characters. It is the story of Julius Ceasar told mostly from the perspective of those two "minor" players, kinda like Rosencrantz and Gildenstern.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I believe that those two are the main characters. It is the story of Julius Ceasar told mostly from the perspective of those two "minor" players, kinda like Rosencrantz and Gildenstern.

This fine movie was FINALLY released on DVD early this year.  It's been one hell of a wait.  I couldn't even find it on VHS unless it was second hand for the longest time.

------
The wife thought, justifiably it seems, that he was dead for a year.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top