Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 6:18:57 PM EDT
Anybody else notice this on the TV?
I've seen two twentysomething black women sucking their thumbs. What's up with that?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've seen two twentysomething black women sucking their thumbs. What's up with that?

Prostitutes having withdrawel symptoms.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It's become trendy, you must be outta the loop.

Chicks do it cause they think its "cute."

Alot of tweakers do it as well, espcially when at a rave, high on ecstacy, and with no pacifier in sight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously. Anyone else notice this?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw the same thing in a movie called "Baby Boy" years ago.

That movie was hiliarious, a must see.  Ving Rhames was great, and the baby mama drama was off da chain.....

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Practice
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]
When people come down off exctacy they get a sucking urge. My daughter, who used to cashier in the grocery store in town, said she knew who the X-heads were because they came in periodically buying pacifiers. No shit.

Don't know but maybe that has something to do with it.

I saw a woman as a patient once who was 23 and in with mummy. She had a cold. She was clutching her blanky, her stuffed bear, curled up in a fetal position and sucking her fucking thumb. Some people are just plain messed up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When people come down off exctacy they get a sucking urge. My daughter, who used to cashier in the grocery store in town, said she knew who the X-heads were because they came in periodically buying pacifiers. No shit.

Don't know but maybe that has something to do with it.

I saw a woman as a patient once who was 23 and in with mummy. She had a cold. She was clutching her blanky, her stuffed bear, curled up in a fetal position and sucking her fucking thumb. Some people are just plain messed up.

From past experience...its not a sucking urge that gets people on X to the pacifier; its to keep you from grinding your teeth and clenching your jaws.  Gum, candy, etc. also helps  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not uncommon to see that in ethnic adults, most notable in the south. Messes up their teeth something awful. See it frequently.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, saw it a few hours ago on Fox.  I thought it was strange also.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yep.  I did see that shot.  Stressed out, no doubt.  
Hey, we have a NOLA smilie, didn't know that.  

TC
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Just makes me want to say something that would get this thread locked and maybe my account suspended.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just makes me want to say something that would get this thread locked and maybe my account suspended.  

Go ahead, we won't tell......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I gotta say that the way some people live they remain children and not responsible for anything that happens to them.

You're right, though, it's right there in the looks on their faces...crying, and screaming....etc.

It's sad what the Democrats have done to these people but I'm never too surprised that many don't vote.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top