BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:11:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
What about Bush's hurricane machine though?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the Haliburton Weather Satelite like in Superman III?

Yeah, that one.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
i think it was Bush , Halliburton , and the zionist conspiracy
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was busy making a dustorm in AZ.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the source of this?  IF LEGIT, This could really suck some wind out of the libs sails
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]
To bad this will never make the news.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice find
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#11]
And the POS Mayor Nagin said he couldn't get the people to evacuate so he asked the President to appeal to the people. Never in the hstory of pending natural disasters can I ever recall a President addressing people on TV to evacuate. I don't think he could have done anything more if he stood on the bow of an airboat with a bullhorn and yelled at the bastards himself. Nagin and the LA Gov. should be hung from a lamp post.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#12]

You should pipe this link over the Fox News.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What is the source of this?  IF LEGIT, This could really suck some wind out of the libs sails

www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?base/news-18/1125239940201382.xml&storylist=louisiana
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Well shit....  He must have taken off his ruthless black-hater suit for a minute to make the phone call.

Fuggin media.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#17]
The information found in the following link comes cirectly from the Whitehouse.

Quote: "The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005,

Continuing." Our President was more involved and on the ball than some give him credit for. The Governor of Louisiana may have NOT ordered an evacuation if it hadn't been for the President of the United States, George W. Bush.

Linky

Edited to add:

President Bush Declares State of Emergency on 8-26, Personally calls their dumb fucking incompetant asses and tells them to evacuate NO on 8-28. THen he has to scramble massive Federal aid to do what they wouldn't do. The stupid fucking Mayor Nagin exempted motels & hotels from the evacutation order. Unbelieveable. His ass should swing from a lamp post.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Black people come from Africa, so did hurricane Katrina. Coincidence? I think not!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes...that's the ticket...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Awesome link.. extra ammo..

I also submitted to drudge, lets cross our fingers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump because people like Olyarms needs to know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Well being I responded earlier and not sure why it didn't post I just now saw that it didn't.

Doesn't change my opinion. I still say it seems the goverment was slow to act, not all of these where crack heads, many simply had no where to go or any way to go nowhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

LMFAO aint that the truth.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#24]
That is great. But do you think it will ever see the light of day
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Priceless. Nagin and Jesse Jackson can certifiably go fuck themselves in front of the entire United States of America world.

They are the libtard poster children of the DU and the entire liberal pack of lemmings.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#26]
tag.  this will be useful in an argument on another board.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Here's a link to a news story:

Link

Mandatory evacuation ordered for N.O.
Aug 30, 2005, 04:17 AM  Email to a Friend  Printer Friendly Version    

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - In the face of a catastrophic Hurricane Katrina, a mandatory evacuation was ordered Sunday for New Orleans by Mayor Ray Nagin.

Acknowledging that large numbers of people, many of them stranded tourists, would be unable to leave, the city set up 10 places of last resort for people to go, including the Superdome.

The mayor called the order unprecedented and said anyone who could leave the city should. He exempted hotels from the evacuation order because airlines had already cancelled all flights.

Gov. Kathleen Blanco, standing beside the mayor at a news conference, said President Bush called and personally appealed for a mandatory evacuation for the low-lying city, which is prone to flooding.

"There doesn't seem to be any relief in sight," Blanco said.

She said Interstate 10, which was converted Saturday so that all lanes headed one-way out of town, was total gridlock.

"We are facing a storm that most of us have long feared," Nagin said.

The storm surge most likely could topple the city's levee system, which protect it from surrounding waters of Lake Pontchartrain, the Mississippi River and marshes, the mayor said. The bowl-shaped city must pump water out during normal times, and the hurricane threatened pump power.

Previous hurricanes evacuations in New Orleans were always voluntary, because so many people don't have the means of getting out. Some are too poor and there is always a French Quarter full of tourists who get caught.

"This is a once in a lifetime event," the mayor said. "The city of New Orleans has never seen a hurricane of this magnitude hit it directly," the mayor said.

He told those who had to move to the Superdome to come with enough food for several days and with blankets. He said it will be a very uncomfortable place and encouraged everybody who could to get out.

Nagin said police and firefighters would spread out throughout the city sounding sirens and using bullhorns to tell residents to get out. He also said police would have the authority to comandeer any vehicle or building that could be used for evacuation or shelter.

The Superdome was already taking in people with special problems. It opened about 8 a.m. and people on walkers, some with oxygen tanks, began checking in.

In a neighborhood in central city, a group of residents sat on a porch. It was almost a party atmosphere.

"We're not evacuating," said Julie Paul, 57. "None of us have any place to go. We're counting on the Superdome. That's our lifesaver."

She said they'd spent the last couple of hurricanes there. They would wait for a friend who has a van to take them, because none has cars.

At a nearby gas station, Linda Young, 37, was tanking up her car.

"I'm really scared. I've been through hurricanes, but this one scares me. I think everybody needs to get out," she said.

She said they planned to leave Saturday but couldn't get gas, and didn't want to go without it, so got up early and got in a gas line.

In the suburbs, evacuations were under way.

"That sun is shining too bright for this to be happening," said Joyce Tillis, manager of the Holiday Inn Select at the airport in the suburbs as she called the more than 140 guests to tell them the hotel was under a mandatory evacuation. "It's too nice a day."

Tillis lives inside the flood zone in the community of Avondale. She said she called her three daughters and told them to get out. "If I'm stuck, I'm stuck," Tillis said. "I'd rather save my second generation if I can."
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That is OUR job!

My Message I Emailed Out To Everyone:

==============================
President Bush May Have Singlehandely Saved Tens Of Thousands Of Lives In New Orleans By PERSONALLY Intervening And Calling On The New Orleans Mayor To Evacuate The City!

--------------------------------------
Statement on Federal Emergency Assistance for Louisiana
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html
Whitehouse Press Release
August 27, 2005

The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005, and continuing.

Mandatory evacuation ordered for New Orleans
http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?base/news-18/1125239940201382.xml&storylist=louisiana
8/28/2005, 10:48 a.m. CT
The Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — In the face of a catastrophic Hurricane Katrina, a mandatory evacuation was ordered Sunday for New Orleans by Mayor Ray Nagin.

The mayor called the order unprecedented and said anyone who could leave the city should. He exempted hotels from the evacuation order because airlines had already cancelled all flights.

Gov. Kathleen Blanco, standing beside the mayor at a news conference, said President Bush called and personally appealed for a mandatory evacuation for the low-lying city, which is prone to flooding.

So Bush Declared A State Of Emergency On Friday - While The Louisiana Governor And New Orleans Mayor Did... WHAT for two days???

THEN Bush Had To Personally Call The New Orleans Mayor To Appeal For Him To Evacuate The City...

And Yet BUSH Is Now Getting All The Blame For His "Incompetent" and "Unacceptable" Efforts (Jesse Jackson's Words Today)

===============================

Spread this far and wide!

GWBush went above and beyond his role and FORCED the issue. HE was AHEAD of the Governor and Mayor and THEY were dragging their feet.

EMAIL THIS TO EVERYBODY YOU KNOW AND ALL THE TALKING HEADS!

* Rush Limbaugh: [email protected]
* Bill O'Reilly: [email protected]
* Sean Hannity: www.hannity.com/index.cfm/bay/content.contact.htm
* Shepard Smith: [email protected]
* Brit Hume: [email protected]
* Micheal Savage: [email protected]
* Micheal Medved: www.michaelmedved.com/contact.shtml
* Neal Boortz: boortz.com/cgi-bin/mail.cgi?id=boortz
* Dennis Prager: [email protected]
* Mike Gallagher: [email protected]
* Hugh Hewitt: [email protected]
* Laura Ingraham: [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Keep this thing moving. I feel someone is in for a spanking. Big Bush "I told you so"

Link on CNN's site
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I did some sending!

I never even heard that mentioned before
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh this is so delicious I can taste it.

Links sent to all my local media.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Holy Cow Mayne!!!

They need to make sure Nagin writes that line down on the asphalt with a piece of chalk shoved half way up his ass.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Keep this thing moving. I feel someone is in for a spanking. Big Bush "I told you so"

Link on CNN's site

Yep.

I've already emailed my message to all those above... I want this crammed down Jesse Jackson's, Al Sharpton's, Ray Nagin's, Kathleen Blanco's and Kayne West's throats!

I want this on EVERY talkradio show and blog for the next full week!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I hope it's true.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I hope it's true.

Oh it's true!!    
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I hope it's true.

It's all over the place.  Just not being talked about at all.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Is this post a joke?  You can't be serious..................
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is OUR job!

My Message I Emailed Out To Everyone:

==============================
President Bush May Have Singlehandely Saved Tens Of Thousands Of Lives In New Orleans By PERSONALLY Intervening And Calling On The New Orleans Mayor To Evacuate The City!

Statement on Federal Emergency Assistance for Louisiana
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html
Whitehouse Press Release
August 27, 2005

The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005, and continuing.

Mandatory evacuation ordered for New Orleans
http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?base/news-18/1125239940201382.xml&storylist=louisiana
8/28/2005, 10:48 a.m. CT
The Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — In the face of a catastrophic Hurricane Katrina, a mandatory evacuation was ordered Sunday for New Orleans by Mayor Ray Nagin.

So Bush Declared A State Of Emergency On Friday - While The Louisiana Governor And New Orleans Mayor Did... WHAT for two days???

THEN Bush Had To Personally Call The New Orleans Mayor To Appeal For Him To Evacuate The City...

And Yet BUSH Is Now Getting All The Blame For His "Incompetent" and "Unacceptable" Efforts (Jesse Jackson's Words Today)

===============================

Spread this far and wide!

GWBush went above and beyond his role and FORCED the issue. HE was AHEAD of the Governor and Mayor and THEY were dragging their feet.

EMAIL THIS TO EVERYBODY YOU KNOW AND ALL THE TALKING HEADS!

* Rush Limbaugh: [email protected]
* Bill O'Reilly: [email protected]
* Sean Hannity: www.hannity.com/index.cfm/bay/content.contact.htm
* Shepard Smith: [email protected]
* Brit Hume: [email protected]
* Micheal Savage: [email protected]
* Micheal Medved: www.michaelmedved.com/contact.shtml
* Neal Boortz: [email protected]
* Dennis Prager: [email protected]
* Mike Gallagher: [email protected]
* Hugh Hewitt: [email protected]
* Laura Ingraham: [email protected]

Emails sent ..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Great stuff.  Free bump for the trolling Bush haters.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#43]

And once again, Bush is right, and the leftists were wrong.
Like always

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#44]
t
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I  thought cobra was the ones wiht the weather machine????
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:07:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Link

September 03, 2005

How the Free Market Killed New Orleans

By Michael Parenti

The free market played a crucial role in the destruction of New Orleans and the death of thousands of its residents. Armed with advanced warning that a momentous (force 5) hurricane was going to hit that city and surrounding areas, what did officials do? They played the free market.

They announced that everyone should evacuate. Everyone was expected to devise their own way out of the disaster area by private means, just as the free market dictates, just like people do when disaster hits free-market Third World countries.

It is a beautiful thing this free market in which every individual pursues his or her own personal interests and thereby effects an optimal outcome for the entire society. This is the way the invisible hand works its wonders.

There would be none of the collectivistic regimented evacuation as occurred in Cuba. When an especially powerful hurricane hit that island last year, the Castro government, abetted by neighborhood citizen committees and local Communist party cadres, evacuated 1.3 million people, more than 10 percent of the country's population, with not a single life lost, a heartening feat that went largely unmentioned in the U.S. press.

On Day One of the disaster caused by Hurricane Katrina, it was already clear that hundreds, perhaps thousands, of American lives had been lost in New Orleans. Many people had "refused" to evacuate, media reporters explained, because they were just plain "stubborn."

It was not until Day Three that the relatively affluent telecasters began to realize that tens of thousands of people had failed to flee because they had nowhere to go and no means of getting there. With hardly any cash at hand or no motor vehicle to call their own, they had to sit tight and hope for the best. In the end, the free market did not work so well for them.

Many of these people were low-income African Americans, along with fewer numbers of poor whites. It should be remembered that most of them had jobs before Katrina's lethal visit. That's what most poor people do in this country: they work, usually quite hard at dismally paying jobs, sometimes more than one job at a time. They are poor not because they're lazy but because they have a hard time surviving on poverty wages while burdened by high prices, high rents, and regressive taxes.

The free market played a role in other ways. Bush's agenda is to cut government services to the bone and make people rely on the private sector for the things they might need. So he sliced $71.2 million from the budget of the New Orleans Corps of Engineers, a 44 percent reduction. Plans to fortify New Orleans levees and upgrade the system of pumping out water had to be shelved.

Bush took to the airways and said that no one could have foreseen this disaster. Just another lie tumbling from his lips. All sorts of people had been predicting disaster for New Orleans, pointing to the need to strengthen the levees and the pumps, and fortify the coastlands.

In their campaign to starve out the public sector, the Bushite reactionaries also allowed developers to drain vast areas of wetlands. Again, that old invisible hand of the free market would take care of things. The developers, pursuing their own private profit, would devise outcomes that would benefit us all.

But wetlands served as a natural absorbent and barrier between New Orleans and the storms riding in from across the sea. And for some years now, the wetlands have been disappearing at a frightening pace on the Gulf? coast. All this was of no concern to the reactionaries in the White House.

As for the rescue operation, the free-marketeers like to say that relief to the more unfortunate among us should be left to private charity. It was a favorite preachment of President Ronald Reagan that "private charity can do the job." And for the first few days that indeed seemed to be the policy with the disaster caused by Hurricane Katrina.

The federal government was nowhere in sight but the Red Cross went into action. Its message: "Don't send food or blankets; send money." Meanwhile Pat Robertson and the Christian Broadcasting Network---taking a moment off from God's work of pushing John Roberts nomination to the Supreme Court---called for donations and announced "Operation Blessing" which consisted of a highly-publicized but totally inadequate shipment of canned goods and bibles.

By Day Three even the myopic media began to realize the immense failure of the rescue operation. People were dying because relief had not arrived. The authorities seemed more concerned with the looting than with rescuing people. It was property before people, just like the free marketeers always want.

But questions arose that the free market did not seem capable of answering: Who was in charge of the rescue operation? Why so few helicopters and just a scattering of Coast Guard rescuers? Why did it take helicopters five hours to get six people out of one hospital? When would the rescue operation gather some steam? Where were the feds? The state troopers? The National Guard? Where were the buses and trucks? the shelters and portable toilets? The medical supplies and water?

Where was Homeland Security? What has Homeland Security done with the $33.8 billions allocated to it in fiscal 2005? Even ABC-TV evening news (September 1, 2005) quoted local officials as saying that "the federal government's response has been a national disgrace."

In a moment of delicious (and perhaps mischievous) irony, offers of foreign aid were tendered by France, Germany and several other nations. Russia offered to send two plane loads of food and other materials for the victims. Predictably, all these proposals were quickly refused by the White House. America the Beautiful and Powerful, America the Supreme Rescuer and World Leader, America the Purveyor of Global Prosperity could not accept foreign aid from others. That would be a most deflating and insulting role reversal. Were the French looking for another punch in the nose?

Besides, to have accepted foreign aid would have been to admit the truth---that the Bushite reactionaries had neither the desire nor the decency to provide for ordinary citizens, not even those in the most extreme straits. Next thing you know, people would start thinking that George W. Bush was really nothing more than a fulltime agent of Corporate America.

-------Michael Parenti's recent books include Superpatriotism (City Lights) and The Assassination of Julius Caesar (New Press), both available in paperback. His forthcoming The Culture Struggle (Seven Stories Press) will be published in the fall. For more information visit: www.michaelparenti.org.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, JUST-WHAT-IN-THE-HELL was He thinking suggesting that people leave the area BEFORE landfall?!!!  He could've killed TWICE as many by simply staying quiet (And, after all, EVERYONE KNOWS that THAT was the "Plan")

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:28:32 AM EDT
[#48]
tagit
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Why Was New Orleans Evacuated?

A number of our readers have been highly critical of state and local authorities in Louisiana. However, it must be acknowledged that they did one important thing that saved countless lives: they ordered the mandatory evacuation on Sunday that caused most people to leave the city. This mandatory evacuation order was a departure from past practice, when evacuations in the face of approaching hurricanes have always been voluntary.

So what prompted the order that prevented Hurricane Katrina from being a natural disaster of unprecedented magnitude?

The mayor called the order unprecedented and said anyone who could leave the city should.

The City of New Orleans and its residents owe the President a profound debt of gratitude.

Thanks to reader Debbie Eberts.

Boy, is this gonna give the libs kittens!

powerlineblog.com/archives/011549.php

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Over the course of the last two or three years I've been critical of President Bush for a number of reasons.

His response to this disaster is not one of them.

Damn leftist commies. Always blaming Bush every friggen thing that goes wrong.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top