Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 5:40:13 PM EDT
Might be a dupe, but I searched....

CNN just had footage of cops on the roof of their police station.  During an interview, somebody shoots at the station.  Cops all take cover and wait it out.  More incoming fire and one of the cops starts popping off with an AR.  Later he's interviewed, said he saw muzzle flashes from the "project" across the street and started putting rounds into the area.

This isn't police work, this is MOUT.  They need to start setting up ambushes and deploying counter-sniper teams.

Again, sorry if it's a dupe, I haven't watched TV for the last few days.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I am reminded of the rooftop Faluja battle video footage that has such a nice long thread here on arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Free fire zone.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
After shots were fired the camera man kept point the camera and a ~ very bright light ~ at the reporter.  I started shouting at the TV for the camera guy to turn off the light...  at least until I realized it wasn't a live feed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
After shots were fired the camera man kept point the camera and a ~ very bright light ~ at the reporter.  I started shouting at the TV for the camera guy to turn off the light...  at least until I realized it wasn't a live feed

Yeah, I saw that too.  He also had the light on the cop that did the shooting to interview him afterwards and it looked like they were still on the roof.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top