Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 5:10:24 PM EDT
anyone see that interview with heraldo rivera by bill oreily?

i think he is losing it down there....acting all wierd, shouting wierd stuff about the convention center and how he used to do tv shows there, saying things like "i hear ya brother" and then to top it off he says something like "forget the mayor, you need to get the trucks down here, bill you do it!"

edited for speeling
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
hes losin it big time...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hes crying right now on Hannity and Combs, shep is ranting like a lunatic.  WTF!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
It's Geraldo.

And his last name is actually Riviera, but professionally he dropped a syllable to make it less ethnic, so Rivera.

For any additional Geraldo inquiries, just ask.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
you all are amazing.....

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hes crying right now on Hannity and Combs, shep is ranting like a lunatic.  WTF!!

I just saw that.  Hasn't even been there a day either.  LMAO.  Nice touch holding the baby tho'
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Jerry is a frigging flake.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What an idiot
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I have had it with Fox.  Tuning into CNN.  I never thought I would say that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Geraldo with the baby just now..........man he is really losing it/breaking down.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They cut him and shep. Both were really worked up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes it takes that kind of passion to get action. You think those folks won't be evacuated now? Whatever it takes to get the job done. Good on them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#12]
At least Shep has an excuse...he's shell-shocked.  Geraldo is just a huge pussy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Amazing how calm Anita Vogel is.. She isn't raving like a mad lunatic.

And, just who does the mayor of New Orleans think he is anyway?  Said he -told- the President of the United States, and the governor of LA they needed to get together and get a plan?  Sounds like he needs a swift kick in the groin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Shep is pissed off for good reason.  The corrupt mayor took a bunch of his friends  and some tourists and put them at the front of the line for buses, ahead of the others who had waited for 4 days.  Shep was standing beside a dying man and yelled for someone to come and help this man.  The mayors entourage and the PD ignored his pleas.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
The suffering is real. 30 thousand without food and water for 5 days. dozens and dozens of bodies and folks dying every hour.

Given your best armchair commando skills, how would you react?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Either the situation is really getting to them or they are good actors.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#17]
geraldo has always been a nutjob
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The suffering is real. 30 thousand without food and water for 5 days. dozens and dozens of bodies and folks dying every hour.

I wouldn't be there.  I, like every single person I know in the affected zone DID, would have evacuated two days before.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#19]
And the award for best dramatic performance in a natural disaster newcast goes to......

Geraldo Rivera  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't be there.  I, like every single person I know in the affected zone DID, would have evacuated two days before.

Yes,, everyone who owned a car got out it seems, including my cousin. The other 400,000 people living below the poverty line, along with elderly, handicapped, tourists and hospital patients were SOL.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Shep is pissed off for good reason.  The corrupt mayor took a bunch of his friends  and some tourists and put them at the front of the line for buses, ahead of the others who had waited for 4 days.  Shep was standing beside a dying man and yelled for someone to come and help this man.  The mayors entourage and the PD ignored his pleas.

And, as a good Democrat and liberal always does, the Mayor blamed the feds for his city's predicament.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That Christiane Amanpour chick has fucking nerves of steel compared to those two snivelling dipshits and her ass has been shot at, nearly blown up, you name it.  I've NEVER seen her acting like that.  I'm not much on skirts in combat but bygod I'd take her in my foxhole any day over either Sheppie or Geraldo.

The victims are holding up better than those two.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes,, everyone who owned a car got out it seems, including my cousin. The other 400,000 people living below the poverty line, along with elderly, handicapped, tourists and hospital patients were SOL.

No, poverty is no excuse.  Anyone healthy enough to travel could have gotten out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, poverty is no excuse.  Anyone healthy enough to travel could have gotten out.

Yes, they should have all just walked to 200 miles to Baton Rouge. Perhaps the Octagenerians or paraplegics could have been at the front of charge.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rik, you and I would have both been out of there. But you know like I know there are people, anywhere in America, who couldnt or wouldnt or cant get out. And those are who was left there.

And if you dont know anyone who couldnt get out, maybe you need to get out a little more.

As for the original topic, tough question. No help until the helpers are safe. No safety until the guns are brought in.

When the guns get there and drive the thugs underground, then the help can start.

I personally think everyone needs excused from the city. Get the fuck out. Then you can pick up the dead, insure dike stability, safely bring services back online and go from there. Baby steps, but all residents need to get out first, then start over from ground zero.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, they should have all just walked to 200 miles to Baton Rouge. Perhaps the Octagenerians or paraplegics could have been at the front of charge.

You purposely ignore my caveat of "those healthy enough to travel," which merely proves the weakness of your argument.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You purposely ignore my caveat of "those healthy enough to travel," which merely proves the weakness of your argument.  

Fine, the overwhelming number of folks are not "healthy enough to travel". Most seem to be children, elderly, handicapped and/or mentally challenged.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Fine, the overwhelming number of folks are not "healthy enough to travel". Most seem to be children, elderly, handicapped and/or mentally challenged.

Really?  Then who are all those people I see on TV?  Because most of them seem to be adults in good health.  There are those you just described, but they are hardly the majority.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#29]
How long until geraldo finds and opens Huey Longs tomb on national TV ??
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
How long until geraldo finds and opens Huey Longs tomb on national TV ??

Hell, the way NO is flooded, Huey Long might float by.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I remember the aftermath of Andrew. This one is worse.

Shep and Geraldo are holding up pretty well considering.

If Geraldo and Bill can get something done, more power to them. If not, at least they tried.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I swear Whoraldo was going to see to it that the people at the convention center rioted, even if he had to start it.  What a fucking putz. All that does is work up the poor folks suffering there and makes matters worse. He should be relaying calm and communicationg what was going on. All they are doing is making matters worse. People in that state of mind need someone who is strong, who can reassure them, who can communicate for them. Just pityful bullshit reporting, both of them will sleep in comfort tonite. Fuckers could have gotten stats to the autorities, established some level of triage and contributed to the solution.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#33]
He's crying because hes just about to get gang raped by 500 pissed off gay looters...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I'm saving that
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I remember the aftermath of Andrew. This one is worse.

Shep and Geraldo are holding up pretty well considering.

Shep yes. Geraldo has been there ONE FREAKING DAY.  And the motherfucking idiot keeps screaming that "These people have been here SIX DAYS!"  Umm...sorry Jerry, the hurricane hit Monday, the flooding didn't start till Tuesday.  Today's Friday...hmm, let me count.  Yeah, that doesn't equal six days, sorry Mr Rivers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#36]
"Heraldo" has been a phony since my childhood in NYC, claimed he was a member of a gang in spanish Harlem called the "Young Lords", some of the gang members called him out one day on it but it got him his job on Channel 5 as a reporter. Believe it or not he is Jewish. Remember the phony firefight in Iraq? Remember Al Capone's safe? Remember he got his ass kicked by those Klansmen? Now Shep on the other hand looks like he's always drank till he puked, he always gives me the impression he is hung over, I guess since the French Quarter is closed he is going through withdrawals.....  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#37]
i just watched the replay of Geraldo on O reilly. he call the Chief of the NOPD, the Los Angeles Police Chief, what a tool
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Geraldo Rivera is a fucking idiot. He seems to think he is God's gift to journalism, and does his best to make every situation he reports worse.

I'm surprised he made it out of Iraq alive after the stunt he pulled. My unit CO explained in very clear terms that our embedded reporters would be taken out and executed if they compromised our security.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#39]
When I was watching him earlier it seemed to me like the shit he was spewing out his mouth was going to incite those folks into doing something bad.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe the flood with unearth Al Capone's vault.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Geraldo is there. Everything will be ok.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#42]
video of this online yet?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Geraldo is there. Everything will be ok.

Who is this Geraldo man you speak of
He must be a great man
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
When I was watching him earlier it seemed to me like the shit he was spewing out of his mouth was going INTENDED to incite those folks into doing something bad.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Walk 200 miles to Baton Rouge?  WTF?  Have you ever even seen a map of Louisiana?  The assholes that stayed behind to loot? Fuckem! The dumbasses that stayed behind to party?  Fuckem!  The idiots that thought the government would dish up some protection from a category 5 hurricane just like they dish up the free money, medical, and housing?  Fuckem!  The weak and infirm? Shoulda been helped out of the city BY THE CITY! 5000 people, tops.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#46]
So let me get this straight people are locked in the Convention center?  Then how in the hell did he get in?
I sure Hope that that Mayor is never never elected to another position.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Do you evan have to ask? I'd...........
DRAW DOWN!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:29:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That Christiane Amanpour chick has fucking nerves of steel compared to those two snivelling dipshits and her ass has been shot at, nearly blown up, you name it.  I've NEVER seen her acting like that.  I'm not much on skirts in combat but bygod I'd take her in my foxhole any day over either Sheppie or Geraldo.

No, Geraldo almost got waxed by a sniper at Tora Bora in 2001.  Only time you'll find me rooting for al-Qaeda.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Walk 200 miles to Baton Rouge?  WTF?  Have you ever even seen a map of Louisiana?  The assholes that stayed behind to loot? Fuckem! The dumbasses that stayed behind to party?  Fuckem!  The idiots that thought the government would dish up some protection from a category 5 hurricane just like they dish up the free money, medical, and housing?  Fuckem!  The weak and infirm? Shoulda been helped out of the city BY THE CITY! 5000 people, tops.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:23:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Shep was losing it too.  Both Geraldo and Shep had that refugee look going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top